Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Nov 10, 2006
That's very noticeable here too. Phone drops frames and has laggy closing / opening animations for apps.
Yeah. Hopefully they fix this on ios16.1. I don’t recall dropping frames like this on my iPhone 13 Pro on iOS 16 beta.

Reactions: tonycg1992

FILIPSN007

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2017
Czech Republic
I feel like my phone drops frames when just opening and closing apps. Not terrible but noticeable. Probably a software issue…
I am facing this issue from iOS 15 even on my iPhone 12 Pro. It looks like issue with multitasking because every single lag in opening and closing animation means the RAM is full and system trying to free some space.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
I am facing this issue from iOS 15 even on my iPhone 12 Pro. It looks like issue with multitasking because every single lag in opening and closing animation means the RAM is full and system trying to free some space.
This had been fixed for ages for me, but re-introduced with the 14 Pro - it's really annoying, stutters very often when closing apps. Makes it feel very unrefined.

willdude

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2010
This had been fixed for ages for me, but re-introduced with the 14 Pro - it's really annoying, stutters very often when closing apps. Makes it feel very unrefined.
Seeing this too on my 14 Pro. I remember it happening on my 12 Pro and the issue getting a fair amount of notice before being fixed by an iOS update a few months later. Pretty weird that it's now a problem again on this new phone. Oddly, there seem to be certain apps that do it upon closing but not others, but maybe it's just a coincidence.

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Nov 10, 2006
The games and iOS in general appear to be software issues. Hoping these are quickly addressed in the upcoming 16.1 beta.

Reactions: Cayden

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
It was very playable for me. Just using my eyes to judge, I don't think it was playing at 60fps. More like 30fps. But there was no stutters or obvious fps drops.
Wow that so weird. Its very very laggy for me.

My friend here at work has the 14 Pro max and i just tested Mario on his and it was the exact same stutter as mine.

Reactions: decypher44

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
It was very playable for me. Just using my eyes to judge, I don't think it was playing at 60fps. More like 30fps. But there was no stutters or obvious fps drops.
Maybe im describing this wrong. Its not "Laggy" it just feels like its moving in a slower animation? Is that how it looks for you?

tomonish

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2022
You are right! Not only the games but also other apps are experiencing fps drop issue. That is very annoying. Also, I tried to upgrade my iPhone 14 Pro Max to iOS 16.1 beta2. But it did not work.

My iPhone 12 Pro Max works totally fine with iOS 16.0 BTW.

Reactions: decypher44
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.