Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daniel_andradec

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2023
Update: I went to the Apple Store today and all iPhone 15 models had this rattling problem. By this time, I would say it's likely more of a design issue than a unit issue. This makes me believe that people that say they don't experience it just don't notice it. I will visit some more Apple Stores to check out more phones later. I hope Apple does something about it.

NiKoOl

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2024
February 8. iPhone 15, the phone out of the box has a crackling sound from the speaker when making calls, listening to music and watching videos at high volume. Also, a friend's new 15 pro max has the same problem. Almost half a year has passed, users are complaining, Apple does not provide any information and does not fix the problem by updating iOS

Attachments

• IMG_0987.jpeg
    IMG_0987.jpeg
    108.7 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
February 8. iPhone 15, the phone out of the box has a crackling sound from the speaker when making calls, listening to music and watching videos at high volume. Also, a friend's new 15 pro max has the same problem. Almost half a year has passed, users are complaining en masse, Apple does not provide any information and does not fix the problem by updating iOS
I haven't seen mass complaints, personally my 15 PM speakers are very good.

NiKoOl

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2024
I haven't seen mass complaints, personally my 15 PM speakers are very good.
please try this track at full volume and write about the quality of the top speaker, thank you

Attachments

• IMG_0988.png
    IMG_0988.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 47

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
February 8. iPhone 15, the phone out of the box has a crackling sound from the speaker when making calls, listening to music and watching videos at high volume. Also, a friend's new 15 pro max has the same problem. Almost half a year has passed, users are complaining en masse, Apple does not provide any information and does not fix the problem by updating iOS

What is the point of your completely incorrect post?

NiKoOl

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2024
What is the point of your completely incorrect post?
I am writing about my problem and the problem that many people are talking about. If everything is fine with your phone, this does not mean that my post is incorrect.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Your post is incorrect! People are not complaining en masse as you put it. Yes I’m sure a tiny amount of people are having problems, but it is not as wide an issue as you are claiming.

NiKoOl

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2024
Your post is incorrect! People are not complaining en masse as you put it. Yes I’m sure a tiny amount of people are having problems, but it is not as wide an issue as you are claiming.
I've been to the store and all the 15/15pro samples have speaker problems. Most likely, many people do not notice this problem in their iPhone.

NiKoOl

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2024
Well the two that I have access to are absolutely fine. I hope you get your issue sorted. But please do not state that it is a major issue when it quite frankly is not.
Can I ask you to listen to this track at full volume and answer if there is any rattling and distortion in the top speaker?

Attachments

• IMG_0988.png
    IMG_0988.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0989.png
    IMG_0989.png
    534.5 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.