Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What color are you getting?

• Total voters

wolfboy

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2010
Been a month since you got your colors. Are you happy with them?
I still have the itch to exchange my black for natural, especially now that it’s easier to find in stock. But then again, I also really like the black as well!

The hard part is I’m coming from a midnight green 11PM, so I haven’t actually had a black phone for 4 years and was looking forward to it again. They just happened to release natural this year, which also turned out to be a stunner. I have a week left before my return window is up and still undecided if it’s worth the hassle…after all it’s going to live in a case most the time.

Attachments

• IMG_0248.jpeg
    IMG_0248.jpeg
    119.6 KB · Views: 260

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
The blue is a stunner! I’m really loving it.

Fingerprints are a non-issue. It’s no worse than the stainless steel. In fact, it might even show less fingerprints. But a simple wipe across my shirt or pants removes them if I do end up seeing any. Just like the SS phones since the X. Apparently the reviewers who complained about this are just greasy people in general? 🤷🏻‍♂️

What I still can’t get over more than anything is just how good the phone feels in my hand. The 13 Pro feels like a huge brick in comparison.

coso

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2012
The problem with Natural is that it looks good only with muted medium to light colors cases. With darker cases it looks less good. Just like it happened with my old gold iPhone in a black case. And sometimes I like a dark case

Of course, used naked, it's great. But I'm not going naked. Black can also be boring of course, but also good boring, reassuring. It's not gonna get old. "Oh look, a Sierra blue iPhone, it's and OLD 13 Pro!!!". With a black iPhone you could always say you have the latest model even after years

Kurt871

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2004
Still very happy with white. Was at the Apple Store on Monday and picked up a Natural to compare and came away thinking it just looked so dull and muted, plus the drab tan camera bump under a case.. not for me. Don’t see the appeal personally but happy for those who love it, though.

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
This is the first year that I believe the 15 non-Pro models to have the best colors & finish - that rear frosted glass feels so good to touch!

I'm going Pro Max regardless; but when I left the Apple Store, I felt that the titan white was the most exciting color to have.

Titan Natural looks so blah and drab; already hearing so many regret that choice.

Blue was gorgeous, but I want a lighter phone, so black didn't catch my fancy either.
agree with you esp. about titanium white looks warm and amazing, titanium to me looks cold and makes my hands want to hurt lol..

Reactions: phillytim

lbalk

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2015
I chose Blue, I wanted white for my wife, and it is back-ordered along with Natural till mid-November. Black and Blue have been showing up as available. The question: did they make more blue and black or are the others more in demand?

appleuserindc

macrumors member
May 22, 2015
I was hesitant to get Natural because I feared it was a champagne/gold/taupe color, so I ordered both Black and Natural for launch day. Once I finally saw Natural in person, I made up my mind and returned the Black model. Under neutral lighting, such as daylight, the sides are a beautiful metallic color, almost exactly like the Apple Watch Ultra, and the back is gray. Occasionally, under certain warm lighting, the phone takes on a warm tone, too. But I like it -- not gold but more of a grayish-taupe. Again, that's a tone. Overall, I'm very happy with my choice.

Reactions: shr631

BB8

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2016
maybe it's just because I like dark phones so that the screen blends into the rest of the device, but to me the blue is the secret winner. it's essentially black with a subtle beautiful shimmer that makes it more interesting than just regular black.

if I were to go with a light color phone I would want more interesting colors. natural titanium is not it. I remember the 5S being a similar grey color and it made me sick to look at after 6 months of using it, lol.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Blue Ti.

I like that it can be Dark Green, Slate Grey, or Navy Blue depending on angle and type of light. Effectively getting several colours in one.

Considered the Natural Ti but glad i went with Blue (my favorite spectrum)

IMG_0528.jpeg IMG_0542.jpeg IMG_0544.jpeg

Reactions: shr631

iSuzan

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2020
Germany
Was unsure if I want the natural or white. Went with natural in the end. I love the natural but still think white also looks absolutely stunning.

The blue is also nice, but too dark for me. And black... ah well, never had a black/space grey or whatever it is called iPhone. Never liked it, too boring for my taste.

But very secretly I am missing the Deep Purple. Ahhh.. such a color would be lovely in titan. *sighs*

andyx3x

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2011
I have gone back and forth on whether to buy the 15 Pro Max. I was pretty set on Natural Titanium if I did after wanting the Blue initially.

I went into an Apple Store this morning to look at the colors for the first time. I’m glad I did. I really don’t like the Natural Titanium. It’s gold on the sides and around the camera lenses. Some people say it isn’t but it is.

My 2 favorite colors were the blue and white. I’m leaning white. It’s amazing imo and blows the Natural Titanium away. I was very surprised by this.

Now whether to upgrade from my 14 PM is the question.

6864f0a9e8b1735592b3884c3733b7bb.jpg

9c1873acfc4c43355e4465abae8cd7fd.jpg

Last edited:

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
I have gone back and forth on whether to buy the 15 Pro Max. I was pretty set on Natural Titanium if I did after wanting the Blue initially.

I went into an Apple Store this morning to look at the colors for the first time. I’m glad I did. I really don’t like the Natural Titanium. It’s gold on the sides and around the camera lenses. Some people say it isn’t but it is.

My 2 favorite colors were the blue and white. I’m leaning white. It’s amazing imo and blows the Natural Titanium away. I was very surprised by this.

Now whether to upgrade from my 14 PM is the question.

6864f0a9e8b1735592b3884c3733b7bb.jpg

9c1873acfc4c43355e4465abae8cd7fd.jpg
I felt the exact same way. I have no idea how people are not seeing the goldish/champagne hue to the natural titanium. I noticed it immediately, and did not like it at all. I tried so many different lighting scenarios and none of them satisfied me. I felt like the white as way nicer-looking.

But I liked the blue much more than I expected, and it’s my favorite this time around for sure. Super happy with it!

Last edited:

MacDevil7334

Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX
Been a month since you got your colors. Are you happy with them?
I ended up switching from black to natural before my return period ended and am not even a little sad I did. Black was really nice, but natural shows off the brushed finish so well and there is just a nice depth to the metal rails as they reflect light. Really though, I don't think there is a bad color choice this year (probably because they are also basically different shades of grey haha).

My natural Ti as I unboxed it. Really like this finish!
IMG_0581.jpg

Kiimora

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2014
London UK
Loved the previous midnight green , pacific blue & dark purple. However I chose a white PM on this occasion, my first ever white iPhone that is. Loving the clean swanky look 😉

phillytim

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
My first choice was White, and then I wavered into Natural territory - so I took the first one that would be available when inventory showed up. White won, and I couldn't be happier with it!

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
I love both the blue and the natural. The blue looks more black than the black in most light to me, and it changes color nicely. I have to look closely for fingerprint smudges, and I don’t use a case. However, it’s very similar to my deep purple 14PM, and I think I want something different. The natural looks and feels really nice, and scratches and scuffs might be less noticeable. I don’t like the white or the black.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.