Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What color are you getting?

• Total voters

maka344

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2009
London, UK
IMG_0078.jpeg
IMG_0122.jpeg

Not mine, but this colour is great!

Kurt871

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2004
Yeah I've been checking online stock every couple hours since Friday and there's nada to be found. Planning to stop by the Apple Store when they open in about an hour out of curiosity to see if there's stock they have that's not making it online.
I'm sure this group will be shocked to learn that they have no Pro Maxes of any kind.

jeffu

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2006
I'm having a tough time this year - I've picked up the new phone every year since launch, and I know this is such "first world problems" - I generally get the "new" color - but this year I'm just not feeling the Natural. I ended up ordering both NT and White - lived with NT over the weekend and (for me) it's just not growing on me at all. I really want to like it.

I think the problem (again, just my opinion) is that the back really isn't Titanium, it's just gray - it's like they came out with gray (which is fine) but didn't want to call it gray :) With a clear case on it, it really just looks like putty in most light.

So looks like I'm going with White - which looks sort of silver in the light. Blue looks cool, but just so dark to me.

Good luck all!

Kurt871

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2004
I'm having a tough time this year - I've picked up the new phone every year since launch, and I know this is such "first world problems" - I generally get the "new" color - but this year I'm just not feeling the Natural. I ended up ordering both NT and White - lived with NT over the weekend and (for me) it's just not growing on me at all. I really want to like it.

I think the problem (again, just my opinion) is that the back really isn't Titanium, it's just gray - it's like they came out with gray (which is fine) but didn't want to call it gray :) With a clear case on it, it really just looks like putty in most light.

So looks like I'm going with White - which looks sort of silver in the light. Blue looks cool, but just so dark to me.

Good luck all!
This was my experience in store as well. Black was out because I'm coming from a Space Gray 11 Pro Max and want something different. Blue was my original choice but in person it was just so dark and close to black that it's out also. Natural just looks like warm putty; the definition of drab with a hint of gold/starlight. White is the move.

BB8

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2016
I finally went to the store to try out all the phones, and completely surprised myself.

Natural titanium, as expected, is the ugliest for sure and imo will not age well. People really biting the marketing hype for that one.

White titanium was ok, but the rails contrast too much with the back for my taste.

Black titanium was ok, but not as dark as I'd like for a black phone. More graphite than black. If you want a black phone it's kind of a small downstep from last year's space black.

Blue Titanium surprisingly looked the best. I had already ruled out this option as it seemed kind of boring and the most fingerprint prone, but after seeing it in person it's come out on top. Looked darker than Black Titanium but still a bit differentiated.

The best phone in the store though? Black iPhone 15 non-pro. It nails the matte black aesthetic and feels better in the hand. That new process they have for the glass feels really nice, and aluminum really is just the best material for phones. The aluminum frames were completely fingerprint-free. If the regular models had 120hz displays I would totally go for them.

Reactions: Adelphos33

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2003

Good luck all!
Felt the same. I highly recommended the blue. It has the best back

redbeard331

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2009
I finally went to the store to try out all the phones, and completely surprised myself.

Natural titanium, as expected, is the ugliest for sure and imo will not age well. People really biting the marketing hype for that one.

White titanium was ok, but the rails contrast too much with the back for my taste.

Black titanium was ok, but not as dark as I'd like for a black phone. More graphite than black. If you want a black phone it's kind of a small downstep from last year's space black.

Blue Titanium surprisingly looked the best. I had already ruled out this option as it seemed kind of boring and the most fingerprint prone, but after seeing it in person it's come out on top. Looked darker than Black Titanium but still a bit differentiated.

The best phone in the store though? Black iPhone 15 non-pro. It nails the matte black aesthetic and feels better in the hand. That new process they have for the glass feels really nice, and aluminum really is just the best material for phones. The aluminum frames were completely fingerprint-free. If the regular models had 120hz displays I would totally go for them.

Yea I agree with you mostly, for the natural titanium after seeing one yesterday I think the frame looks really good, it’s the back glass that is boring. I really wish Apple had ditched glass this year and used titanium on the back as well, this is the 7th year in a row of the glass back and I think it looks dated. If the back panel was the same brushed titanium as the frame all the colors would look better this year.

I ended up going with black, but feel kind of like they should have called it something else as it isn’t black like last years phone. I checked out one of the black non pro models and yea now that’s how the pro black color should have looked, dark inky matte black, not this graphite/charcoal gray color they went with.

phillytim

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
This is the first year that I believe the 15 non-Pro models to have the best colors & finish - that rear frosted glass feels so good to touch!

I'm going Pro Max regardless; but when I left the Apple Store, I felt that the titan white was the most exciting color to have.

Titan Natural looks so blah and drab; already hearing so many regret that choice.

Blue was gorgeous, but I want a lighter phone, so black didn't catch my fancy either.

Last edited:

jetlagged

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2012
I was at the Apple Store today. I didnt buy a 15PM 256 since there’s no stock. But I had a look at the colors.

The natural titanium looks gray inside the store. The white looks more like off-white/muted. The blue was darker blue, almost like blackish blue. (Yes the indoor lighting has a lot to do with it). And black is what it is exactly.

Anyways, I learned all the colors aren’t too bad. They all look good in person to me.

whatever color is available when inventory shows up for in store pickup, that’s the color I will get because after seeing them in person, they all look good.

But will probably go natural or blue tied, leaning more towards blue, then white > black. I hope I get one this week

redbeard331

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2009
I am pretty disappointed after a visit to the Apple Store, the blue is just too dark, kept thinking it was black, super boring. Black looks like it was left out in the sun and faded to a dark gray. White, which was my favorite, no longer is because the frame looks like it was colored with silver spray paint. The natural titanium looked the best, which surprises me because I usually hate anything in those colors, what else will I learn about myself? 😳

Now, that black on the base 15’s is IT. That’s how the space black pro’s should have looked, the frame is a dark matte black and looks perfect, even the rear glass is a nice dark black, not the weird graphite color the pro’s have. If the 15 pro line was available in that black I’d be all over it! What the iPhone!

My biggest disappointment though is that they do not allow exchanges for any reason, even though lot of people online said you have 14 days to do so. What you are allowed to do is to return your phone for 14 days, and re-purchase another one. So for me to switch from “black” to natural, I have to buy another phone, and return my current one. This doesn’t apply to Mac’s or iPads, just the phone. And since there’s none in stock anywhere and won’t be likely for another month or more, it won’t even be possible .🙄

appleuserindc

macrumors member
May 22, 2015
After tons of (too much) agonizing between the Black and Natural Titanium, I went with Natural. My concern was that it was tinted gold, champagne, taupe, etc. Having it now for a few days, it doesn't. In sunlight, the sides look exactly like the AW Ultra, and the back looks light gray. In some lighting, it gets warmer but it doesn't get gold. And the photos on Apple's website are misleading. People seem to be comparing this color to kitchen appliances -- maybe. They're made of steel. This is a metal color -- not for everyone, I guess. But I love the AW Ultra look, and Natural Titanium matches it perfectly. Now, don't get me started on the FineWoven colors. Those are hideous.

C. Robert

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2013
Baltimore
I bought the natural then returned it for black. I just didn’t like the color at all. I wanted white but it seemed a bit yellowish

Eagle2

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2020
Yes I can confirm this is an accurate representation of the colours. It’s a hard choice between the two. The natural goes perfectly if you have an AW Ultra or SS gold and the white/silver if you have a SS. My feeling was the white looked better with the steel rims on the 14pm but overall it’s clean and most cases go with it. The natural is unique I like it in certain light but a gentleman next to me in the store said it reminded him of the colour of airplane and train toilets?! Oh and the blue which I first wanted was the only one with micro scratches and on the first day!

Attachments

• IMG_0048.jpeg
    IMG_0048.jpeg
    221 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_0047.jpeg
    IMG_0047.jpeg
    314.2 KB · Views: 181

AFgixxer

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2013
I am pretty disappointed after a visit to the Apple Store, the blue is just too dark, kept thinking it was black, super boring. Black looks like it was left out in the sun and faded to a dark gray. White, which was my favorite, no longer is because the frame looks like it was colored with silver spray paint. The natural titanium looked the best, which surprises me because I usually hate anything in those colors, what else will I learn about myself?

Now, that black on the base 15’s is IT. That’s how the space black pro’s should have looked, the frame is a dark matte black and looks perfect, even the rear glass is a nice dark black, not the weird graphite color the pro’s have. If the 15 pro line was available in that black I’d be all over it! What the iPhone!

My biggest disappointment though is that they do not allow exchanges for any reason, even though lot of people online said you have 14 days to do so. What you are allowed to do is to return your phone for 14 days, and re-purchase another one. So for me to switch from “black” to natural, I have to buy another phone, and return my current one. This doesn’t apply to Mac’s or iPads, just the phone. And since there’s none in stock anywhere and won’t be likely for another month or more, it won’t even be possible .

I watched this video and they all seem dull to me. The alpine green was my favorite green, this green is dull and the blue isn’t vibrant at all

Reactions: redbeard331

Star-fire

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2007
White or what I would call metallic silver is much nicer in person then photos or videos show so much so that I swapped my natural pro for a white pro max, love it.

I would have loved a more electric blue but this one is a bit dark for my liking.

aspenextreme03

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2021

Good luck all!
I had a natural and took it back after 1 day and exchanged it for the Blue. If they had the white I would have gone that route as it looks great. Blue is my favorite color and it does look nice but the white is the best one personally this year.

I just did not want to wait to get a white 15PM with either 512gb or 1TB to show up. Got very Lucky I was able to snag a blue 15PM 1TB the 2nd day by stalking the website. I do go case-less and already a few blemishes on it but it is a phone and meant to be used. I have apple care and have in the past for my 14pm and 13pm but never have had to use it.

Reactions: shr631

Marko3563

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2022
I went with the natural titanium originally but changed to blue. Its such a hard choice but now I think I'm regretting that decision but I don't want to wait even longer to get my phone so I'll just stick it out. :/

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
After using the blue for a week, it has grown on me immensely. I am still in constant awe at just how good it looks. The natural never would have grown on me, as I just didn’t like it in any lighting situation I tried. No matter how much I tried to ignore it, it always has a slight gold/champagne hue, which I’ve never liked. I returned that one on the very first day. Also found that the white looked significantly better then natural in the store.

But wow, this blue 15 Pro is absolutely my new “favorite phone ever”. I just can’t get over how amazing it feels to hold, and I still find myself turning it around just to look at the color. It’s so subtle and classy. I originally wished it was a bit lighter, but now I’m completely sold on this shade.

I still have the sierra blue 13 Pro (which I thought would never be dethroned as my favorite), as I’m waiting until next week to sell it, and it is surprising at how much bigger it feels, despite the difference being so minuscule.

Blue titanium 15 Pro is simply fantastic. It’s got the looks and the feels.

aspenextreme03

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2021
White or what I would call metallic silver is much nicer in person then photos or videos show so much so that I swapped my natural pro for a white pro max, love it.

I would have loved a more electric blue but this one is a bit dark for my liking.
white is my favorite this year but blue is a close second. If blue didn't show up first when I exchanged by natural 15PM first I would have gone with the white. White has yet to show up in my area but I do love the blue honestly. I go caseless and it matters to me.

Reactions: shr631

coso

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2012
I’m happy with my black. Natural look nice in some photos, but then I remember how similar it looks to my old gold 13P and how bored I was of the possible color combinations. Black looks good with everything and every wallpaper. But if I had a darker phone before I would have gone natural for a change

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005

Good luck all!
Yup. I fail to see why the Natural Titanium is so popular, other than because Apple marketing.

Reactions: Kurt871 and Kuutar
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.