Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What color are you getting?

• Total voters

flashflooder

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2011
I have never, ever regretted or even thought twice about my choice of color... This year, I struggled a little (not much) but went with Natural Titanium (Gray is one of my favorite colors, I really like the original iPhone - minus the black bottom part). I was coming from a blue iPhone 12 PM, and liked the 15 PM blue but wrote it off almost immediately for the sake of something "new".

I kind of regret getting the natural titanium... I love the side bands, and wish the whole phone looked like that. The back just looks so... gray and boring? Even the little cutout window is this pretty ugly (imo) shade of gray, looks kinda cheap (?). I guess I was expecting the back of the phone to look more like real metal (like the blue and black seem to).

Seeing everyone's blue pics, I think that's probably the best color this year. I wish I had given it more consideration... Yes, I know I can trade but honestly I'm too lazy to go through setup / pairing again. I'm sure natural will grow on me, but just wanted to share because it's unusual for me to be disappointed in my color choice (for reference, I've owned white / silver, blue, (mostly) black/space gray in the past. I'm a never-gold).

Angler

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2011
I have never, ever regretted or even thought twice about my choice of color... This year, I struggled a little (not much) but went with Natural Titanium (Gray is one of my favorite colors, I really like the original iPhone - minus the black bottom part). I was coming from a blue iPhone 12 PM, and liked the 15 PM blue but wrote it off almost immediately for the sake of something "new".

I kind of regret getting the natural titanium... I love the side bands, and wish the whole phone looked like that. The back just looks so... gray and boring? Even the little cutout window is this pretty ugly (imo) shade of gray, looks kinda cheap (?). I guess I was expecting the back of the phone to look more like real metal (like the blue and black seem to).

Seeing everyone's blue pics, I think that's probably the best color this year. I wish I had given it more consideration... Yes, I know I can trade but honestly I'm too lazy to go through setup / pairing again. I'm sure natural will grow on me, but just wanted to share because it's unusual for me to be disappointed in my color choice (for reference, I've owned white / silver, blue, (mostly) black/space gray in the past. I'm a never-gold).
I agree, I am sending my NT back. First time I have done that. I find it to be very muddy looking in certain light conditions. Tried to like it but just couldn’t do it. I will get the white or just keep my 14pm in purple till next year. Haven’t decided yet….

janeauburn

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2015
I saw the Natural Titanium in person and it's strange -- in some light it looks like an amazing sleek silver, but in other it looks like a very dull boring grey.

I keep trying to find light in which the Natural Titanium looks anything but boring. I can't find it. It's just a boring gray, all the time.

The colors this year were approved by a committee of grandfathers. They should all come with a pair of brown loafers!

janeauburn

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2015
Picking a color shouldn’t be this hard!

giphy.gif

It's hard because the colors suck this year.

wolfboy

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2010
After sitting with the 15 PM for 3 days now, the natural titanium color is still boring. It doesn't get better, folks: get another color.

The damn phone looks like my kitchen appliances. Yuck.
You’re trying soooo hard to discredit natural titanium lol. I assume it’s because there’s so much praise for it

I think my favorite part about it is the camera bump, there’s a nice contrast between the rings and black lens, jewelry-like.

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2003
I keep trying to find light in which the Natural Titanium looks anything but boring. I can't find it. It's just a boring gray, all the time.

The colors this year were approved by a committee of grandfathers. They should all come with a pair of brown loafers!
Go into a dark closet

slplss

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2011
EU

But then, Gandalf the Titanium White came and instantly put their brown loafers off their feet with his stunning light!

slplss

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2011
EU
You’re trying soooo hard to discredit natural titanium lol. I assume it’s because there’s so much praise for it

I think my favorite part about it is the camera bump, there’s a nice contrast between the rings and black lens, jewelry-like.
I think we shouldn’t generally criticise colours we don’t like… unless you own that colour. Which she has.

Mirage4455

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2022
I agree with wolfboy. And in general most of her posts are of the negative variety. Odd that she sticks with iPhones!

Zayway86

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2023
29b7ae47a684852b9aaefcae7469ca2a.jpg

Blue Titanium Vs Pacific Blue. Love the new blue.
As someone who is holding the titanium blue iPhone now, I can tell you that it does not look as good as it does in that picture under most normal lighting conditions. It’s generally significantly darker. In the photo you shared, I prefer it but in real life Pacific Blue is better in my opinion.

Kurt871

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2004
White and Natural seems to be popular this year, sold out every day in my area.
Yeah I've been checking online stock every couple hours since Friday and there's nada to be found. Planning to stop by the Apple Store when they open in about an hour out of curiosity to see if there's stock they have that's not making it online.

3Rock

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2021
Gold will come back next year as Apple manipulatively uses that color to get people to upgrade
Just another reason to hold off another year. I like gold. If Apple was just holding off so we can buy next year‘s model with maybe a few more colors, this is a low blow to the customers. But I would not put that past them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.