Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What color are you getting?

• Total voters

Kurt871

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2004
gotta be the lighting, I'm looking at mine now and it definitely has a warm tone, even when I up the kelvins on my desk light
I know, iPhone cameras do weird things with white balance and all that. But yeah that thing is WARM when next to white.

tempImageFpgynK.jpg

LD Curb

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2015
USA
Blue titanium looks like deep purple in certain lights from mkbhd video. Regretting black but I’ll only have it for a year
The pro max blue is not purple at all. It looks like charcoal gray. I don't see bluie in it at all. I double checked the box and it does say blue. I am not a fan of this but will live with it until next year.

HOTBOBA

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2018
I ordered black and natural and kept the natural. Natural looks exactly what you'd imagine titanium to look like...darker silver. They all look decent IMO.

NewYorkRanger

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2010
Got the Natural. No regrets after pretty much going black since the 6. It just seems more premium where as the black looks pretty much identical to the black on the 14 Pro or 15 regular....

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2003
We got the black, natural and blue in our household. And the results are surprising. The natural titanium trim is nice, the back is a little disappointing. It doesn't quite match the titanium so it has a two tone look and like white, has a pearl finish. In certain light it looks quite flat. It’s like a warm white.

The blue however has a great satin back that has a pop and wow factor none of the other colors have. It can look black, blue, and even have a spectrum finish if the light hits it right.

Last edited:

Eagle2

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2020
I know, iPhone cameras do weird things with white balance and all that. But yeah that thing is WARM when next to white.

View attachment 2276869
Yes I can confirm this is an accurate representation of the colours. It’s a hard choice between the two. The natural goes perfectly if you have an AW Ultra or SS gold and the white/silver if you have a SS. My feeling was the white looked better with the steel rims on the 14pm but overall it’s clean and most cases go with it. The natural is unique I like it in certain light but a gentleman next to me in the store said it reminded him of the colour of airplane and train toilets?! Oh and the blue which I first wanted was the only one with micro scratches and on the first day!

Reactions: coso and Kurt871

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
This blue titanium is growing on me.

I did not like the natural titanium at all. It definitely has a champagne hue to it. I took it outside, inside to different rooms, shade, sun, everything. And I was always distracted by the slight hint of gold (I never liked the gold phones).

Blue is super dark, and I would prefer it to be brighter, but it’s subtle enough to be almost classy or something.

When I returned the natural to the store, I looked at the white titanium, and that one looked way better than the natural. So much better. I thought the back would be too white, but it has this really nice shimmer to it which you have to see in person (actually all of the colors do).

Black titanium was also super nice. I like that it’s not the super deep black the SS had in the 14 Pros. That looked weird to me next to the frosted glass. This one is more uniform all around. Tough decision between black and blue, but blue just barely edged it out IMO.

That white though… I’m still thinking about that one. But I’ll probably stick with the blue. If I end up not liking it after a few days, I’ll return it and switch back to my Sierra Blue 13 Pro.

Reactions: coso and noregrets

JoHugh

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2022
No offense, but the photo looks straight up black. I had the same opinion of the deep purple of the iPhone 14.

These pro colors are all kind of weak IMO.
I also have blue and love the colour, I did try and get a pic though and it does just seem to come out like this. Definitely needs to be seen in person

valerio83

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2014
This year I can’t decide between natural and white and cannot find any photo that compares closely the frame, everyone is showing back glass!
Also a comparison between this two frames and watch ultra will be really useful.

Reactions: redbeard331

Spheres

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2023
I saw the Natural Titanium in person and it's strange -- in some light it looks like an amazing sleek silver, but in other it looks like a very dull boring grey.

Reactions: Vmrn3479 and Angler

Angler

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2011
I saw the Natural Titanium in person and it's strange -- in some light it looks like an amazing sleek silver, but in other it looks like a very dull boring grey.
I agree, I am sending mine back. Looks great at certain angles, muted and dull in others..

Reactions: Spheres
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.