Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What color are you getting?

• Total voters

Amishpriest

macrumors member
May 15, 2022
Montgomery Village, MD
So my intent was to order a blue PM, but accidentally did black instead. I realized it pretty quickly but decided to let it go rather than risk screwing around with my order (was through Verizon). Now that I have it, I must say I really like how the black looks. I’d be curious to see the blue in person at some point, but I’m happy with what I wound up with.

Ariel32

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
Titanium is def a tricky colour. I was on the fence about it yesterday and after seeing white almost wanted to return mine. There was a guy next to me who was ready to take it. I decided for now to keep it as availability in the coming days is not guaranteed at all. All pro maxs in all the colours and capacities are sold out in all the stores. I will check stock via the iphonechecker throughout the day and will make a decision soon. White is not really white. I have a beautiful white on my Samsung S20 FE that has a pearl sheen and finish to it. White Titanium is even prettier.
With that said, I don't hate Natural Titanium. And after spending quite a bit of time setting it up yesterday (screen protector was tricky as well), I don't know if I should bother. In a way, Natural Titanium looks like a more appropriate phone for a 40+ person.

Kurt871

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2004
This year I can’t decide between natural and white and cannot find any photo that compares closely the frame, everyone is showing back glass!
Also a comparison between this two frames and watch ultra will be really useful.
Less stark difference than the backs but definitely one is sand/champagne/starlight and one is silver.

IMG_3076.jpeg
IMG_3079.jpeg

IMG_3086.jpeg

valerio83

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2014
Thank you kurt, definitely a slight difference but noticeable.
So I imagine that if one want to match the ultra, natural is the way to go.
Not entirely convinced about the grey back dullness under some lighting condition, white also looks kinda grey from some angles.
Odd choice to have so similar colors in the lineup!

Kurt871

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2004
Thank you kurt, definitely a slight difference but noticeable.
So I imagine that if one want to match the ultra, natural is the way to go.
Not entirely convinced about the grey back dullness under some lighting condition, white also looks kinda grey from some angles.
Odd choice to have so similar colors in the lineup!
Yeah if you have an AW Ultra, Natural feels like a no brainer. I have a silver Stainless Steel S5 (as well as a silver 14" MBP) so White is an overall better match for the rest of the stuff in my life. That and I couldn't help but find Natural to be a bit drab in real life. I'm very happy for those who are super excited about it but when I saw it in person I couldn't help but think it just looked dull and dirty. But, that's why they make multiple colors!

Last edited:

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
This year I can’t decide between natural and white and cannot find any photo that compares closely the frame, everyone is showing back glass!
Also a comparison between this two frames and watch ultra will be really useful.
The natural has a slight goldish/champagne hue. It’s very noticeable to me. And I can’t quite put my finger on it, but it was very… dull?

The white one has a nice brushed silver look. I liked that one significantly better after seeing them both in person.

Reactions: Kurt871

noregrets

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2020
This blue titanium is growing on me.

I did not like the natural titanium at all. It definitely has a champagne hue to it. I took it outside, inside to different rooms, shade, sun, everything. And I was always distracted by the slight hint of gold (I never liked the gold phones).

Blue is super dark, and I would prefer it to be brighter, but it’s subtle enough to be almost classy or something.

When I returned the natural to the store, I looked at the white titanium, and that one looked way better than the natural. So much better. I thought the back would be too white, but it has this really nice shimmer to it which you have to see in person (actually all of the colors do).

Black titanium was also super nice. I like that it’s not the super deep black the SS had in the 14 Pros. That looked weird to me next to the frosted glass. This one is more uniform all around. Tough decision between black and blue, but blue just barely edged it out IMO.

That white though… I’m still thinking about that one. But I’ll probably stick with the blue. If I end up not liking it after a few days, I’ll return it and switch back to my Sierra Blue 13 Pro.

Last edited:

Royksöpp

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2013
White titanium is exactly the same color as silver aluminum. I absolutely love it. At first I thought about riding the bandwagon and grabbing the color of the season, but I have no regrets choosing a classic like white and silver.

shr631

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2013
I ordered a white PM 256GB first white phone since the iPhone 5 and I’m rewarded with a November 6th ship date 😐 I preordered on launch day. Patiently waiting…. In store availability is non existent for white.
If you have apple stores around you I’m almost certain you can snag one in the next week. Some tips in case you’re interested: in the Apple Store app, set a couple of stores as favorites, select your configuration for size/color/storage, then either save the item or add it to your bag. Then keep going in and checking for in store pickup, or use one of those iPhone inventory websites and as soon as you see it, pull the trigger.

Reactions: DcGamer05

DcGamer05

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
Litchfield CT
If you have apple stores around you I’m almost certain you can snag one in the next week. Some tips in case you’re interested: in the Apple Store app, set a couple of stores as favorites, select your configuration for size/color/storage, then either save the item or add it to your bag. Then keep going in and checking for in store pickup, or use one of those iPhone inventory websites and as soon as you see it, pull the trigger.
Awesome thank you. I have the Apple app open now with in store availability checker up I keep refreshing. Hopefully next week like you said I can snag one. That gave me a lot of hope. My case came today and it made me super anxious to get my new phone.

I really appreciate the tip. Gonna set some stores as favorites and keep refreshing 👍😁

Reactions: shr631

aspenextreme03

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2021
I don't know how many realized it, but natural titanium is the new gold. So much as Apple didn't think they needed to add a Gold option (which sells a lot in China for example)
I have it and don't see any gold unless I look at the sides in the right light then I can see a little bit not nothing big.

coso

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2012
I have it and don't see any gold unless I look at the sides in the right light then I can see a little bit not nothing big.

Yeah, not meaning that it's gold, but that slight warm tone, like in starlight devices. Maybe a bit less. But for a "gray" iPhone one should probably get the white, not the natural. Just a heads up, and seeing them in person helps. Personally I have a Gold 13P now, which bored me, so even if natural titanium is the trendy color this year, I went black.

aspenextreme03

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2021
Yeah, not meaning that it's gold, but that slight warm tone, like in starlight devices. Maybe a bit less. But for a "gray" iPhone one should probably get the white, not the natural. Just a heads up, and seeing them in person helps. Personally I have a Gold 13P now, which bored me, so even if natural titanium is the trendy color this year, I went black.
ahh makes sense and I got a 15pm natural yesterday. I might actually if I can exchange it for white instead. I love blue but the blue looks WAY to black for me.

Reactions: coso

Guacamole

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2011
I saw today the white, blue and natural colours in store. Very disappointing shades specially the natural shade, and the blue is very dark.
I hope the iPhone 16 comes in nicer colours and not so boring

mel823

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2012
NYC
Went back to the Apple Store after work yesterday, line was even longer than when I went to lunch, but if you're just there to look at the colors, you get to walk right in. I decided that white titanium is best for me. I'm a case wh*re and at least with that color I know the phone will look good no matter what case I put on it. Unfortunately for me, I was tired from yesterday, and fell asleep once I got home and I didn't order the phone for store pickup, now all the stock is gone in NYC. At least that gives me time to buy cases and screen protectors.

Reactions: EedyBeedyBeeps

aspenextreme03

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2021
I saw today the white, blue and natural colours in store. Very disappointing shades specially the natural shade, and the blue is very dark.
I hope the iPhone 16 comes in nicer colours and not so boring
same the other day and while the natural is ok I prefer the white over the blue at this point even though I love blue. It just is WAY too dark and looks like black to me in a lot of lighting.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
Awesome thank you. I have the Apple app open now with in store availability checker up I keep refreshing. Hopefully next week like you said I can snag one. That gave me a lot of hope. My case came today and it made me super anxious to get my new phone.

I really appreciate the tip. Gonna set some stores as favorites and keep refreshing 👍😁
I would just go to the store anyway. In my experience in previous years, my store had walk-in stock available even though the website did not show any availability. This was for at least the first few days or so.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.