Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
WSKEN was terrible for me, both installations. Bought the Torras, hoping that’s better.
Totally agree. I've now purchased 2 WSKEN, each came with 2 protectors in the box, so I've attempted 4 installations and all had air bubbles I couldn't get rid of or dust under the protector no matter how hard I tried. So I absolutely gave up. Tried the Torras and it worked brilliantly.

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
At this point I'm going without a screen protector. None of the ones I've tried have been acceptable, either they cut off the screen or they degrade the experience. I'll check back on the state of things in a few months.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
This is the WSKEN model I purchased and after doing 3 different installs, I’ve had zero issues with bubbles or dust. YMMV.

Attachments

• IMG_8442.jpeg
    IMG_8442.jpeg
    812.4 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: nxt3

Damo88

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2015
This is the WSKEN model I purchased and after doing 3 different installs, I’ve had zero issues with bubbles or dust. YMMV.
Hmmm, that’s different to the one I bought. Here’s the one I purchased:

GeneticBloom

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2009
California
One big improvement is that the edges no longer pick up little fuzzies from being in your pocket. I never knew you could have a screen protector without it getting all linty, but the updated Torras hasn't caught any that I've noticed so far. I don't think you will notice much else about the updated model if you use a case, but the lack of fuzzy edges is a definite improvement also.

Damo88

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2015
This is probably incredibly picky of me but this tiny bit at the side of the screen not adhering properly is annoying me. I’ve tried about 5 different screen protectors and they all seem to have this issue at some area around the edge of the protector. Is this just normal or is there a way to get rid of it?

This is the Torras screen protector for anyone wanting to know.

IMG_0979.jpeg

GigabitEthernet

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2013
United Kingdom
I got the Torras in the UK today, it's fine, love the dust removal kit, that's a cool innovation but it does cut the screen off. Feel like we've reverted back to the iPhone 6 days.

I had an amFilm on from release day that the oleophobic coating didn't last on but it stayed on without issue. A bit of rainbowing at the edges but frankly that annoys me less than the screen being cut off.

Do any "edge to edge" ones exist that don't cut off the screen?

DennisdeWit

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2016
The Netherlands
I got the Torras in the UK today, it's fine, love the dust removal kit, that's a cool innovation but it does cut the screen off. Feel like we've reverted back to the iPhone 6 days.

I had an amFilm on from release day that the oleophobic coating didn't last on but it stayed on without issue. A bit of rainbowing at the edges but frankly that annoys me less than the screen being cut off.

Do any "edge to edge" ones exist that don't cut off the screen?
WSKEN.

Reactions: nxt3 and VSMacOne

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
Looks like the s24 is using the black magic that flolab is using to kill reflections. Hopefully all screen protectors and the next iPhone do the same

Attachments

• IMG_1403.png
    IMG_1403.png
    973 KB · Views: 107

Juicy Yuuji

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2024
How is the coverage for the Apple Store screen protectors? The Belkin Ultra Glass/Otterbox Amplify? I heard some cases raises them.

GigabitEthernet

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2013
United Kingdom
How is the coverage for the Apple Store screen protectors? The Belkin Ultra Glass/Otterbox Amplify? I heard some cases raises them.

If it’s anything like the 14 you won’t have any issues as they basically only cover the screen. I found the Belkin solid but not very durable and was the only protector to break when I dropped my phone. Otterbox was good but expensive and didn’t really last any better than any other screen protector I’ve tried.

Reactions: Juicy Yuuji

steferrari

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2023
Italy
Any pictures of the new 3D Torras version?

And... how do you get it? When you make an order from their site you will automatically receive the 3D version now?

nxt3

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2023
Are you using a 3D Torras screen protector now? What do you think of this version?
I am not. WSKEN has been on my phone for a while now and it’s great since it doesn’t cut off the screen at all.

WSKEN needs to make a “3D” protector! Those of us with no cases benefit from that curved edge.

Reactions: Joeyyye
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.