Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
There seem to be mixed feelings about Flolab in this thread: people saying it’s the best and also people talking about major cons (cuts off screen, scratches easy, etc) which is a hard $40 pill to swallow. I really want to try one though but would feel so cheated for the price if it didn’t work out. Not sure what to do 😂
I won’t be using Flolab again. I had two protectors, both cut off the screen, and the second one started to peel off of its own accord after a few weeks. Total waste of money.

• Wow
Reactions: nxt3

GigabitEthernet

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2013
United Kingdom
Last edited:

vded

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2021
There seem to be mixed feelings about Flolab in this thread: people saying it’s the best and also people talking about major cons (cuts off screen, scratches easy, etc) which is a hard $40 pill to swallow. I really want to try one though but would feel so cheated for the price if it didn’t work out. Not sure what to do

I have tried almost every screen protector out there! None of them come close to Flolab! Screen clarity, ease of installation, no rainbow effect, excellent oleo phobic, the best screen edges cut, and fabulous after sales support! If you have the protector broken or whatever reason they replace it free of charge (you only pay shipping fees).
I paid 1200€ for my 15 Pro 128, the 30€ that Flolab cost me is less than 2% of it’s value to have an excellent experience for that part we are staring so many hours!!

DennisdeWit

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2016
The Netherlands

Is this the WSKEN that everyone recommends?
Yep!

One advice from me: be sure to put the iPhone in the applicator to the most left and upper corner. That way, you will be sure the screen protector aligns perfectly with your iPhone.

Also, use the dust stickers and then put down the peel sticker and screen protector immediately, so it won’t catch dust.

nxt3

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2023
How rounded do the edges feel? I'm running my phone case-less and as great as the WSKEN is, the edges suck when swiping from the sides.

I ended up getting a Flolab. Install was perfect, I have no screen cutoff.

The anti-glare seems great. The edges aren't as rounded as the ESR, sadly. It's a step up from the WSKEN but ESR and probably the Torras 3D have better rounded edges.

Damo88

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2015
I ended up getting a Flolab. Install was perfect, I have no screen cutoff.

The anti-glare seems great. The edges aren't as rounded as the ESR, sadly. It's a step up from the WSKEN but ESR and probably the Torras 3D have better rounded edges.
Damn, the 3D Torras must have insane rounded edges. I think I’d prefer the zero screen cutoff over the slightly better rounded edges if I had to choose anyway.

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
Damn, the 3D Torras must have insane rounded edges. I think I’d prefer the zero screen cutoff over the slightly better rounded edges if I had to choose anyway.
The rounded edges on the new torras are perfect. Cant even feel a screen protector on the phone when i’m using my open bottom bullstrap case or no case!

Reactions: GeneticBloom

SuccodeMele

Contributor
Oct 24, 2023
Just installed the Flolab OneTime Pro NanoArmour 3D (what a mouthful) and it’s by far the best I’ve tried, not even close. It cuts off none of the screen, zero air bubbles around the edges and it’s as close to edge to edge as I think you’re going to get. It’s a bit on the pricey side but I now see why.

Here are a couple of photos to show it’s cutting off none of the screen:

View attachment 2341397 View attachment 2341396

Literally cutting off your screen. Noticeable in the lower left corner, top right corner and side.

I have the Torra screen protector. It's nice but I will be getting rid of it. It covers a small portion of my screen and I don't like it. It also scratches super easy. Belkin is what I had until it randomly cracked. Before that on my 14, I use AmFilm or whatever, loved it. However the 15 Pro Max version (sure it's just a renamed 14) causes rainbowing on the edges since it's not large enough.

Pretty sure there is no perfect screen protector

SuccodeMele

Contributor
Oct 24, 2023
How is the coverage for the Apple Store screen protectors? The Belkin Ultra Glass/Otterbox Amplify? I heard some cases raises them.
Belkin Ultra Glass/2 is fine. It's not edge to edge so a case will be fine. It's also just big enough to have no rainbowing. Right now, this is the best screen protector that doesn't cover any screen (pixels) and doesn't have rainbowing. It's edges are rough if you go caseless.

Reactions: DaveS86

Damo88

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2015
Literally cutting off your screen. Noticeable in the lower left corner, top right corner and side.

I have the Torra screen protector. It's nice but I will be getting rid of it. It covers a small portion of my screen and I don't like it. It also scratches super easy. Belkin is what I had until it randomly cracked. Before that on my 14, I use AmFilm or whatever, loved it. However the 15 Pro Max version (sure it's just a renamed 14) causes rainbowing on the edges since it's not large enough.

Pretty sure there is no perfect screen protector
It’s literally not when looking at it face on. If you’re looking for a screen protector with a black border that cuts off zero of the screen from every angle then good luck, as you won’t find one.

SuccodeMele

Contributor
Oct 24, 2023
It’s literally not when looking at it face on. If you’re looking for a screen protector with a black border that cuts off zero of the screen from every angle then good luck, as you won’t find one.
That's what I'm saying. Nobody looks at their phones face on. It's usually tilted up/down, left/right. If it works for you, so be it! However, saying it doesn't cut off any of the screen is incorrect, it does.

I do not like the black border screen protectors. Makes the black border on the phone bigger than it needs to be.

Damo88

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2015
That's what I'm saying. Nobody looks at their phones face on. It's usually tilted up/down, left/right. If it works for you, so be it! However, saying it doesn't cut off any of the screen is incorrect, it does.

I do not like the black border screen protectors. Makes the black border on the phone bigger than it needs to be.
Nobody looks at their phones face on? What? I literally have to tilt my phone 90 degrees for it to cut off that red bar along the bottom of the screen. I’m never, ever looking at my phone from that angle, so for the vast majority of people it’ll cut off absolutely none of the screen.

SuccodeMele

Contributor
Oct 24, 2023
Nobody looks at their phones face on? What? I literally have to tilt my phone 90 degrees for it to cut off that red bar along the bottom of the screen. I’m never, ever looking at my phone from that angle, so for the vast majority of people it’ll cut off absolutely none of the screen.
Ok :)

SuccodeMele

Contributor
Oct 24, 2023
Seems AmFilm has a "new" version of screen protector for the 15 Pro Max - the install method uses magnets so I'm hoping they fixed the glass size as well. Ordered it and going to give it a try. If it's still the same, I'll send it back.

nxt3

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2023
I've had the Torras, ESR, and WSKEN.

ESR
- great: it has curved edges
- bad: in my experience, it absolutely affected touch sensitivity
- bad: cut into the screen the worst of the three

Torras
- good: case friendly
- bad: cuts into screen

WSKEN
- good: doesn't cut into screen
- good: case friendly
- neutral: has a weird speaker tab (doesn't affect audio quality in my experience)

I have no complaints for the WSKEN other than it dosen't have curved edges (I go caseless so it's more important to me).

Don't take my word for it: here is a video where some guy compared 20+ screen protectors and at the end recommended the WSKEN in his top 3
To update this after using the Flolab:

FLOLAB NanoArmour ONETIME PRO
Good

- doesn't cut into screen
- slightly rounded edges (not as pronounced as ESR's; still a step-up from WSKEN)
- anti-reflective is noticeable and feels like a solid upgrade over a traditional protector
Bad
- I don't know what it is, but this protector seems to attract dust all over it like static--not the edges--the whole screen; constantly dusting this thing off
- oleophobic coating is pretty lousy; my WSKEN had been on my phone for over a month and it was better than the new Flolab
- expensive

The ideal protector imo: ESRs edges, Flolabs anti-reflective, WSKEN's dimensions. Until then, I'm left dreamin'.

Last edited:

GigabitEthernet

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2013
United Kingdom
To update this after using the Flolab:

FLOLAB NanoArmour ONETIME PRO
Good

- doesn't cut into screen
- slightly rounded edges (not as pronounced as ESR's; still a step-up from WSKEN)
- anti-reflective is noticeable and feels like a solid upgrade over a traditional protector
Bad
- I don't know what it is, but this protector seems to attract dust all over it like static--not the edges--the whole screen; constantly dusting this thing off
- oleophobic coating is pretty lousy; my WSKEN had been on my phone for over a month and it was better than the new Flolab
- expensive

The ideal protector imo: ESRs edges, Flolabs anti-reflective, WSKEN's dimensions. Until then, I'm left dreamin'.

Thanks, that's very useful. How quick was the shipping?

I am still waiting on my Benks to arrive but thought I might get one of the Flolabs as the anti-reflective glass intrigues me.

I still don't really know if these protectors all come from the same factory - so I wonder if in a few weeks we'll see on AliExpress protectors with the "anti-reflective" glass too.

nxt3

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2023
Thanks, that's very useful. How quick was the shipping?

I am still waiting on my Benks to arrive but thought I might get one of the Flolabs as the anti-reflective glass intrigues me.

I still don't really know if these protectors all come from the same factory - so I wonder if in a few weeks we'll see on AliExpress protectors with the "anti-reflective" glass too.
I bought from Amazon so I got it next-day.

Dude if Aliexpress anti-reflective protectors were a thing 🤩

Reactions: GigabitEthernet

GigabitEthernet

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2013
United Kingdom
I bought from Amazon so I got it next-day.

Dude if Aliexpress anti-reflective protectors were a thing 🤩

I’m sure it must exist. Does anyone really think Flolab are making these or just having them re-branded? Their installation tray with the dust removal device looks just like the ones you can buy off AliExpress. I don’t know if they are, just looks similar that’s all.

GeneticBloom

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2009
California
I think there are differences in screen protector manufacturing. In previous years I used the ESR's and I ended up always taking them off because it had a haze when viewed in bright lights. I don't notice the same at all with the Torras.

SuccodeMele

Contributor
Oct 24, 2023
Tried Torras, covers a small section of the screen. Tried Flolab, was better than Torras but same issue. If you do not align these perfectly, they will always cover a small portion of the screen. I don’t like that. Last one was amFilm which I used on my 14 pro max. I ditched it because the first time I tried it on the 15 pro max it was too small and had major rainbowing on the edges. It appears they have fixed it and made it big enough to now prevent that issue.

Again, it’s really about perfect alignment. amFilm is 99% perfect. It has minute rainbowing in one area at a certain angle which I will take vs a black border that cuts off my screen.

I will say the Flolab felt better on the fingers and had a much nicer edge.

amFilm is also $9 w/3 protectors vs $45/50 for 1 Flolab or 2 Torras.

In the end, get what works for you :)

Attachments

• IMG_1033.jpeg
    IMG_1033.jpeg
    320.7 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: walds11

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
For those of you that use the WSKEN protector, do you find that it covers the top speakers therefore it makes your speakers quieter when playing music?
I currently use the WSKEN with the sheath and I find this to be the case...

A1ch3myst

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2022
I just got the Torras 3D. It seems to be covering more of the screen than the regular Torras screen it replaced. But it is a tiny bit more full coverage than the regular Torras but not as full coverage as the WSKEN.

nxt3

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2023
For those of you that use the WSKEN protector, do you find that it covers the top speakers therefore it makes your speakers quieter when playing music?
I currently use the WSKEN with the sheath and I find this to be the case...
Not at all. It doesn’t cover the speaker. If you look at it from the side, it sits above the speaker without covering over it directly. Same loudness vs my Flolab.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.