Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
Is there a gap between the protector and the case? I wonder if there is pressure being put on the protector from the case since you said they both cracked the same way.
Yea there is a pretty good gap. The crack was essentially mirrored this time. Started on the right side instead of the left. Definitely want to keep using these since they are 3D and i go caseless a lot.. other protectors i tried are way too sharp when you have no case on!

Delorean2006

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2012
I get the Pro Nano Armour for my phone.
Just ordered the “3d infinity” the newest version, it’s coming today, on my 3rd spigen screen protector, fits perfect, clarity it good, but they keep cracking on me. So going a different route now.

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
Just ordered the “3d infinity” the newest version, it’s coming today, on my 3rd spigen screen protector, fits perfect, clarity it good, but they keep cracking on me. So going a different route now.
They have several “3D infinity” models now. Trying to figure out whether to get the pro or max version

InboundTitan

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2024
Long time lurker, first post! After reading through the threads, and based off @GeneticBloom's recommendation, ordered Torras' 3D version! (It was between that one and their Diamonshield 2.5D one since the 3D one only has 7 reviews on Amazon).

I have Apple's Silicone's case. Since the 3D screen protector is edge-to-edge, do you guys know if I would have any issues with this combo? Wasn't able to find any info.

By the way, have historically purchased AmFilm's screen protectors for my products and have been quite satisfied. Given reviews praising Aliun's glass screen protector, decided to switch this time around. What a disappointing experience! First installation was unsuccessful despite following instructions (huge air bubble in the mid-section). Had issues with alignment as well (granted, user error given I am used to tray installs). Bottom edge feels sharp every time I use gestures. Returned and purchased Torras' instead. Fingers crossed!

GeneticBloom

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2009
California
Long time lurker, first post! After reading through the threads, and based off @GeneticBloom's recommendation, ordered Torras' 3D version! (It was between that one and their Diamonshield 2.5D one since the 3D one only has 7 reviews on Amazon).

I have Apple's Silicone's case. Since the 3D screen protector is edge-to-edge, do you guys know if I would have any issues with this combo? Wasn't able to find any info.

By the way, have historically purchased AmFilm's screen protectors for my products and have been quite satisfied. Given reviews praising Aliun's glass screen protector, decided to switch this time around. What a disappointing experience! First installation was unsuccessful despite following instructions (huge air bubble in the mid-section). Had issues with alignment as well (granted, user error given I am used to tray installs). Bottom edge feels sharp every time I use gestures. Returned and purchased Torras' instead. Fingers crossed!
There won't be a problem with the Apple silicone case. The Apple cases leave the edges more open than some of the heavier duty cases, so it won't cause you any problems. I have the FineWoven and there's a couple mm's of gap between the Torras 3D and the edges of the case.

Reactions: InboundTitan

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA

You wont have any issues!

Reactions: InboundTitan

Damo88

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2015
So, after being disappointed with the oleophobic coating on the Flolab and having to wipe the screen down multiple times a day, I’ve noticed a couple of small scratches on the screen protector already. I’m ultra careful with my phone as well, never sit it face down and it’s always in a pocket on its own. Haven’t dropped it once either, so I have absolutely no idea how the screen protector has managed to get scratched already.

As good as the fit is, these things definitely let it down. Especially when you consider the price compared to the competition.

thecautioners

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2022
IMG_7548.png
How is the Belkin protector sold at Apple stores? I’m planning on getting it for my daughter’s 15 because I hear they have a special machine that applies the protector flawlessly. Is that true?

GeneticBloom

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2009
California
View attachment 2351256 How is the Belkin protector sold at Apple stores? I’m planning on getting it for my daughter’s 15 because I hear they have a special machine that applies the protector flawlessly. Is that true?
I think the feedback here is that it isn't worth the cost. You can get 4 of most screen protectors for the same price. And with the new models, they have the applicator you use at home that will likely apply it just as well.

The recommendation is Torras or WSKEN.

Reactions: nxt3

GigabitEthernet

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2013
United Kingdom
Avoid TORRAS.

Oleophobic coating wears off after two weeks, leaving blotches all over the screen. Mine now feels permanently sticky.

The sides collect dust.

It cuts off part of the screen.

At least the Belkin lasts longer, has a lifetime warranty and doesn't cut off the screen! It does however rainbow at the edges.

Damo88

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2015
Avoid TORRAS.

Oleophobic coating wears off after two weeks, leaving blotches all over the screen. Mine now feels permanently sticky.

The sides collect dust.

At least the Belkin lasts longer, has a lifetime warranty and doesn't cut off the screen! It does however rainbow at the edges.
I’ve come to the conclusion that every screen protector has very poor oleophobic coating longevity. We really should be getting much longer than a couple of weeks of wear out of these screen protectors though.

Flolab has a lifetime warranty, but you’re paying £8 postage every time you want to replace it.

Reactions: TotalMacMove

GeneticBloom

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2009
California
Avoid TORRAS.

The sides collect dust.

I've been using my Torras for over a month and the oleophobic coating is still just as good as the first day. Before I switched to the 3D Torras, I had been using the original for probably 3 months? It was still fine too. Maybe you had a bad batch?

The sides don't collect dust on the updated model either.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
So, after being disappointed with the oleophobic coating on the Flolab and having to wipe the screen down multiple times a day, I’ve noticed a couple of small scratches on the screen protector already. I’m ultra careful with my phone as well, never sit it face down and it’s always in a pocket on its own. Haven’t dropped it once either, so I have absolutely no idea how the screen protector has managed to get scratched already.

As good as the fit is, these things definitely let it down. Especially when you consider the price compared to the competition.
That’s a shame. Request a replacement. I’ve not had any scratches on my FloLabs. I usually replace at 5-6 months when the oleophobic coating gets worn and it’s all smudgy.

Reactions: Damo88

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Avoid TORRAS.

The sides collect dust.

I've had the Torras on for about four months now and it's still perfect.

Smooth to touch, shows fingerprints a little easier than 'out of the box' but it's not blotchy and the sides dont collect dust (they did initially for a couple of days).

Mcflip78

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2010
View attachment 2351256 How is the Belkin protector sold at Apple stores? I’m planning on getting it for my daughter’s 15 because I hear they have a special machine that applies the protector flawlessly. Is that true?
Yes, I normally put screen protectors on myself but I screwed up the install on the first two I got on my 15 pro. A friend recommended going to Apple. I’m glad I did. It was a flawless install. Buy once cry once. I think for future iPhones, I will go this route from now on.

GigabitEthernet

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2013
United Kingdom
I've had the Torras on for about four months now and it's still perfect.

Smooth to touch, shows fingerprints a little easier than 'out of the box' but it's not blotchy and the sides dont collect dust (they did initially for a couple of days).

Perhaps the UK one is different but this is one of the worst screen protectors I have used for longevity.

GigabitEthernet

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2013
United Kingdom
Just installed the Flolab. Great install experience!

Screen looks good, a few bubbles but I got them out.

Anti-reflection is kind of amazing, never seen anything like it! Will see how the oleophobic coating holds up.

Reactions: TotalMacMove

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
I just swapped my 3D torras protector for a flolab and it’s pretty good so far. Doesn't cut off ANY of the screen and has the same edge to edge coverage as the Torras.

Replaced the torras about 4 times since they kept breaking and each replacement would cut off the screen on different sides.

The Torras did slightly have better rounded edges but the flolab is still pretty good! I dont use a case so if you do then you wont notice it anyway.

Reactions: GigabitEthernet
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.