Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nxt3

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2023
Having tried multiple screen protectors over the years, I can confidently assert that TORRAS Diamond Shield sets the gold standard! My experience with it has been nothing short of impeccable, right from the quality of the glass to the simplicity of the installation process.

Effortless Installation: The installation process is a game-changer! It's the most user-friendly method I have encountered, surpassing others like amFilm OneTouch and Spigen EZ FIT. The installation tray provided is revolutionary and takes away all the hassle typically associated with applying a screen protector. Kudos to TORRAS for making it so intuitive and straightforward!

Premium Quality Glass: The quality of the glass is perceptibly superior. It is crystal clear, allowing the vibrant colors of my screen to shine through without any obstruction. The surface resists fingerprints and smudges remarkably well, maintaining the pristine appearance of my device throughout the day. It feels supremely smooth to the touch, replicating the feel of the actual glass screen, making the interaction with my device more pleasurable.

Case-Friendly Design: This protector is designed with practicality in mind. It melds seamlessly with the phone, allowing me to use my case without any issues. It's such a smooth integration that I often forget it's even there! This blend of functionality and aesthetics makes it a standout choice.

Exceptional Customer Service: I had a minor issue with a previous generation product and decided to reach out to their support team. The response was swift, and the team was extremely accommodating, promptly sending out a replacement. The dedication to customer satisfaction is evident, and it’s heartening to see a company stand by its products with such commitment.

TORRAS Diamond Shield screen protector is, without doubt, a top-tier choice for anyone looking to shield their device without compromising on clarity and touch sensitivity. It’s a product that goes the extra mile in every aspect, from quality to customer service. I wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone in search of the perfect amalgamation of form, function, and service!

Installation Tip:
Here's a little technique I employed for a flawless application: After cleaning and preparing the screen, I held the installation tray in one hand and hovered it over my phone. With my other hand, I wielded a can of compressed air, gently using it to ensure no dust particles were present. After which, I placed the tray down on the phone and followed the instructions provided by TORRAS. The result was a perfect installation!

https://www.amazon.com/TORRAS-iPhon...f53477b361e9721faecd20bb1ab&gad_source=1&th=1
View attachment 2362667 View attachment 2362669
This reads like an Amazon listing—it’s pretty much an ad. Torras cuts off part of the screen, its well known in this thread.

Edit: OP has another post they’ve made where they wrote a paragraph about a Torras case too. 🤔

• Wow
Reactions: decafjava

GigabitEthernet

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2013
United Kingdom
At this point I believe anyone here is shilling for Flolab, is paid.

"Doesn't cover the screen"

20240328_205244.jpg

"Has good oleophobic coating"

Wears off in a week, always smudgy and horrible to run your fingers over.

The anti-reflective quality is the only USP it has, although I've now seen this appearing on AliExpress so I am firmly of the view they just buy their "products" from there.

nxt3

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2023
At this point I believe anyone here is shilling for Flolab, is paid.

"Doesn't cover the screen"

View attachment 2363331

"Has good oleophobic coating"

Wears off in a week, always smudgy and horrible to run your fingers over.

The anti-reflective quality is the only USP it has, although I've now seen this appearing on AliExpress so I am firmly of the view they just buy their "products" from there.
I don’t think anyone is saying the oleophobic coating is good lol it’s trash.

But yes, it seems that for some it will cover the screen whereas it isn’t covering the screen for me. Probably due to manufacturing differences.

The moment my Flolab cracks I’m gonna try one from Aliexpress lol.

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
Try a matte screen protector, I’ll never go back to a standard glass one now. Looks nice and doesn’t get covered in smudges etc.
Which one? I don’t see any matte screen protectors with good reviews. Would like to try one. Thanks!

Reactions: nxt3

i007

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
Tri-State
I’ve made the switch from Flolab to ESR. This year has not been fun in the search for screen protector's. The Flolab anti reflection was great but the oleo coating was to the point where it was anti reflective just from the fingerprints, etc. I had to wipe my phone screen so many times a day and on some occasions it felt impossible to fully clean. For those wondering I put the new ESR on today and it doesn’t seem to clip the screen, all four white angles are visible in the camera app. I guess time will tell.

Damo88

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2015
I don’t think anyone is saying the oleophobic coating is good lol it’s trash.

But yes, it seems that for some it will cover the screen whereas it isn’t covering the screen for me. Probably due to manufacturing differences.

The moment my Flolab cracks I’m gonna try one from Aliexpress lol.
I’m actually sort of looking forward to the day it cracks, the buildup of smudges on this protector is laughably bad.

Reactions: i007 and nxt3

Elektrofone

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2010
I’ve made the switch from Flolab to ESR. This year has not been fun in the search for screen protector's. The Flolab anti reflection was great but the oleo coating was to the point where it was anti reflective just from the fingerprints, etc. I had to wipe my phone screen so many times a day and on some occasions it felt impossible to fully clean. For those wondering I put the new ESR on today and it doesn’t seem to clip the screen, all four white angles are visible in the camera app. I guess time will tell.
Did you try Torras? I’m currently using one of there’s and it’s pretty decent but wondering how it compares to the ESR.

GigabitEthernet

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2013
United Kingdom
Removed my Flolab today and have gone to the Belkin ScreenForce TemperedGlass.

No it doesn’t cover the whole front of the phone but it covers the screen, doesn’t cut off any of the edges, doesn’t rainbow and doesn’t have a trash oleophobic coating!

Reactions: i007

i007

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
Tri-State
Did you try Torras? I’m currently using one of there’s and it’s pretty decent but wondering how it compares to the ESR.
I didn’t try the Torras, but they would’ve been my second choice. For me personally the ESR is working great. I’ve used ESR in the past and had good luck, which is why I went with them.

i007

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
Tri-State
I’m actually sort of looking forward to the day it cracks, the buildup of smudges on this protector is laughably bad.
Just rip it off. Trust me, you’ll be glad you did when you have a proper oleophobic coating on there.

GigabitEthernet

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2013
United Kingdom
Just rip it off. Trust me, you’ll be glad you did when you have a proper oleophobic coating on there

I wonder if the oleophobic coating is a downside of the anti reflective coating?

It looks like FYI OtterBox do an anti reflective coating screen protector so it doesn’t seem to be unique to Flolab. I’m sure it’s something the Chinese manufacturers have started to do so we will see more protectors come out with this coating.

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles
Switched from the flolab to torras and I love it.

My first screen protector was the flolab matte and for the most part I was pleased with it, had to replace it once due to a crack. Switched to and open bottom leather case and the swipe up was annoying due to the thickness. I also always felt the screen brightness was subdued a bit, and after reading hear I realized I wasn’t crazy about the finger prints being so hard to clean off.

Ordered the torras, slapped it on this morning and can says it’s way better overall. Gave up the matte finish, got back the clarity, it’s thinner and not as noticeable swiping up and finger prints are much better (this could be somewhat temp since it’s new but I anticipate it’ll still be easier to wipe down).

Reactions: Delorean2006

ProbablyDylan

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2024
Los Angeles
Switched from the flolab to torras and I love it.

My first screen protector was the flolab matte and for the most part I was pleased with it, had to replace it once due to a crack. Switched to and open bottom leather case and the swipe up was annoying due to the thickness. I also always felt the screen brightness was subdued a bit, and after reading hear I realized I wasn’t crazy about the finger prints being so hard to clean off.

Ordered the torras, slapped it on this morning and can says it’s way better overall. Gave up the matte finish, got back the clarity, it’s thinner and not as noticeable swiping up and finger prints are much better (this could be somewhat temp since it’s new but I anticipate it’ll still be easier to wipe down).

How are the edges on the Torras? Which one did you end up buying?

I have a matte flolab with "3D Edge" or whatever on now, and I find the edge feels terrible, either the thickness or edge treatment or something. I use my phone without a case, so whenever I swipe in front he edges I feel it.

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles
How are the edges on the Torras? Which one did you end up buying?

I have a matte flolab with "3D Edge" or whatever on now, and I find the edge feels terrible, either the thickness or edge treatment or something. I use my phone without a case, so whenever I swipe in front he edges I feel it.
I bought this one: https://www.amazon.com/TORRAS-Military-Grade-Protection-Unbreakable-Shatterproof/dp/B0CBBW9QVQ

Install was just as easy as the flolab. The edges are night and day better, smooth curve, not annoying at all. My fingers don’t catch on them either. The flolab felt terrible.

Reactions: decafjava

ProbablyDylan

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2024
Los Angeles
I bought this one: https://www.amazon.com/TORRAS-Military-Grade-Protection-Unbreakable-Shatterproof/dp/B0CBBW9QVQ

Install was just as easy as the flolab. The edges are night and day better, smooth curve, not annoying at all. My fingers don’t catch on them either. The flolab felt terrible.

Bought it, slapped it on last night. Edges feel way better than Flolab, clarity is good, fingerprint resistance yet to be seen.

I have already noticed that this thing is a lint and dust magnet, much more so than the flolab. It appears that the edges don't actually adhere to the glass, probably due to the curve.

I don't get how these big companies were able to make screen protectors for curved-screened Android devices for years but can't figure out how to handle such a slight curve. I'm convinced that there are no good screen protectors for the 15 series.

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
Back to the Torras 3D protector. Had to throw away the flolab due to excessive fingerprints all day. Made the anti glare properties useless in the sun with all the smudges.

Lustral

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2015
Southampton, UK
Recently swapped out my 15 for a 15P thought I try a WKSEN over the usual Torras screen protectors and I wish I had not bothered to be honest. Horrid installation process and left dust and bubbles on both attempts. Also it seemed to cut of the sides too. Torras ones for me are pretty good and usually about 99.9% dust free, and seemingly don’t cut into the screen well at least when I had a Torras on my 15.

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
I supsect this is a no but is there any form of privacy protector on the market that doesn't affect the clarity of the screen?

AnJarBo

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2014
Does the updated Torras 3D pick up dust and lint at the edges? I have the Flolab and love the fact that it doesn’t pick up any, but I’m beyond annoyed of all the fingerprints and smudges so I’m considering switching to that Torras…

ProbablyDylan

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2024
Los Angeles
Does the updated Torras 3D pick up dust and lint at the edges? I have the Flolab and love the fact that it doesn’t pick up any, but I’m beyond annoyed of all the fingerprints and smudges so I’m considering switching to that Torras…

I still have it on mine. Tons of dust. It drives me up the wall.

Oleophobic coating is nothing to write home about either.

ProbablyDylan

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2024
Los Angeles
Has anyone splurged on one of the sapphire screen protectors? Curious to see how they are in terms of edges and dust-collecting

Edit: Took the plunge and ordered one from Shellrus. Hoda wanted an arm and a leg for shipping, so the prices worked out the same. Will post an update here when it arrives.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.