Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleInTheMud

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2012
Vojens Denmark
How very insightful.

I could be wrong but I am pretty sure they released an iPhone less than a year ago and they continue to release a new one annually. Long overdue? Not sure that means what you think it means.

I assumed a September announcement and October purchase month. Who knows and who cares. The only constant is a new iPhone each year.

Ohhh yes I do. One a year is no longer enough. Especially looking at the competion. No wonder they lose sales.

Kealohilani

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
I'm newer to IPhones with the 5 being my first and now I have a 5s. That being said, I really don't believe that they will announce in September and release in October. They may have waited that long in the past but I don't believe they will now. I also don't think they would say that an iphone launch will be an immense day for Apple. Sure they sell a ton of phones, but they have done that every year since 2007. To me "immense" indicates something new.

I think it's more likely they will announce the iphone sometime around mid-September and release approximately a week later. Then in October, announce the IWatch and sit back while we all scramble to get one.

jlabute

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2014
I dug up my ouija board...

And I asked Steve Jobs directly... When will the iPhone6 come out? He said October 15th which is the last day of Sukkot and he mentioned he was a closet Jew. lol.

Kealohilani

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
To the stupid and those who refuse to listen!

Apple will not release any new hardware this year. The reasons are many so here is the complete list as to why.

Firstly last year Tim Cook said that Apple had great new products for the whole of 2014 and even Eddy Cue of Apple has said that the new products in the pipeline is the best he has seen in 25 years.
Yet we are fast approaching the end of the year with still no sign or even slightest movement from Apple that any new hardware will be coming out.

We are meant to have the Iphone 6 4.7" phone which was rumoured to be released in June (very slight rumours), then rumoured for July (slightly stronger), then August (even stronger) then September, now october. Each time the date is pushed back the rumours of that month being the release month get stronger.

Then we have the Iphone 6 5.5" phone which is the same. Rumours keep pushing it back further and further till it now looks highly likely that it will be released in December

As I said in a previous post, I am new to iPhones so I am not an expert by any means, however I do know that this exact thing happened for the iphone 5 and 5s. Rumors said June, then July, then August, September, and October. Then Apple invited everyone to an event, announced and then released the phones in September. I watched it happen both years. So I don't believe Apple is going to go the rest of the year without putting out anything because the rumors keep pushing back the supposed release date of the iphone that Apple hasn't even announced and therefore won't comment on.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Ohhh yes I do. One a year is no longer enough. Especially looking at the competion. No wonder they lose sales.

I think you need to do a little more research and have a better understanding of how this all works. Or not. You're totally entitled to your opinion.

Matthew830

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2014
Richard, the originator of this trash heap of a story either has no journalistic integrity or is simply too arrogant to admit that the foundations he built this rumor on were fluffed up or completely fabricated. The fact that he updated the story to reflect the illogical premiss that an october release date contradicts apples guidance for the quarter but fails to retract his misguided assumption that his "source" was correct or that the assumptions he made from the "busy october" quote were incorrect speaks volumes on his ability to be taken seriously again.

He instead double downs by implying that apple will miss its own guidance based on his "source's" information. In light of actual new organizations breaking the story that apple will have an event on september 9th, it is clear that how legit both Richard and his source truly are.

JonneyGee

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2011
Nashville, TN
There's no 4" iPhone 6 coming out. Maybe a 4" iPhone successor to the the 5c with 5s specs. Maybe Apple will just continue selling the 5s. Are you hoping there will be a 4" iPhone 6 because you're concerned about the size of the 4.7" iPhone 6?

Yes, I don't want a phone that big. I'd take a 3.5" iPhone 6 if they made one.

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Yes, I don't want a phone that big. I'd take a 3.5" iPhone 6 if they made one.

Well, to be honest, I prefer the 3.5" screen of my iPhone 4s which I still happen to own compared to the 4" screen of my iPhone 5s. I decided to keep it to use at home as an iPod touch and reduce the number of times I have to charge my 5s. The narrow, tall 4" screen for some reason doesn't look right to me. I have a feeling the larger 4.7" screen will look better than the "in-between" size of my 5s.:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.