Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dpate618

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2017
so i've been trying for the last hour and a half/two hours to restore my iCloud it was stuck at "less than 1 minute remaining" for a bit so i restarted my phone and again for the last half hour it's "less than 1 minute remaining" i mean i know time goes slow when i'm at work but damn time must really stand still when you're an iPhone lol #dadjokesFTW i still have faith in this magical forum though!!!

myty6

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2017
Beavercreek, OH
My restore from iCloud is estimated at 2 Days and still climbing. The blue bar is stuck at less than 15%. I'll try anything to get this moving... even magic. Crossing my fingers and hoping it works.

Reactions: treyjustice

treyjustice

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2009
TX
Not working for me. Got a replacement iPhone 7 since I lost mine over the weekend . Restored from iPhone backup, started at 1 hour, the 2, then 7, then 20, now it says 1 day. Can't use my phone and i am beyond frustrated. I don't have an iTunes backup. Anything else I can do??

DrDi1967

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2017
Reading along and hoping it works. Mine is not stuck on "estimating" but the blue line of frustration isn't moving.
[doublepost=1498661318][/doublepost]
Reading along and hoping it works. Mine is not stuck on "estimating" but the blue line of frustration isn't moving.
My "time remaining" is going up, but I have faith in the thread

Shanosaur

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2017
Okay this is just weird at this point. I am an Apple iOS Advisor and a customer had tried EVERYTHING.

He had been on the phone with Verizon for hours trying to get it fixed.
I went through my resources and couldn't find anything immediate so I caved in a Googled it.

I was giving this a glance and saw what was happening for others and thought.. "Why not".

I put the customer on hold and quickly read this post in its entirety out loud in my head.

Then I went back to him and had him restart his device and try yet another time. And BOOM the time came up and restore was initiated.

I don't know if the rest of you were kidding but this ACTUALLY worked lol closest thing to magic I've seen!

P.S I made this account when I got off, JUST to post this lol

I'm at work right now, just like you were. I wasn't as lucky though. I just thought it was hilarious to find someone with the same dilemma as mine!

SHART3D

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2017
I feel stupid writing this, but it is real hahaha... I tried backing up like 6 times before with no success, I poured myself a glass of wine, googled my problem and after reading all the thread and finishing the wine, I'm at 8 minutes left :)

Did your phone get stuck at the "Time Remaining: About 1 minute" part forever and stay there for a night? Because I have been reading this thread for a solid hour now and nothing is happening. All I wanted to do was restore from a backup. maybe I have tried doing this too many times? maybe the magic is not working on me? i just want my phone back. :(

kr2140

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2017
Did your phone get stuck at the "Time Remaining: About 1 minute" part forever and stay there for a night? Because I have been reading this thread for a solid hour now and nothing is happening. All I wanted to do was restore from a backup. maybe I have tried doing this too many times? maybe the magic is not working on me? i just want my phone back. :(
Same here!

treyjustice

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2009
TX
I gave up and started iphone brand new. Very frustrating but I couldn't afford to not have my phone for another 2 days.

LolaAnn

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2017
Magic didn't work for me yesterday, but today this did:
Used iTunes to update my phone. Apparently it needed it.
Apple support said the restore from the iCloud should then work.
It didn't.
Luckily I hadn't erased my previous phone and did a backup to my Mac with iTunes.
Then I restored my phone using iTunes.
It took minutes.

MBHockey

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2003
Connecticut
Mine is stuck I at 1 minute for 6 hrs
[doublepost=1498686579][/doublepost]Guys it it just a apple server error! They are trying to fix it here's the link https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/

thank you for this update. have been pulling my hair out all day trying to figure out why my iPhone SE cannot restore from a backup. Starts quickly, gets to 1 minute, then starts creeping up. now at 15 minutes left at hour 4 of the restore (attempt #3, all others have gone the same way).

I'll just leave it overnight and hope they fix the server problem.

22super_woman

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2016
The magic isn't working for me, I just don't know what to do anymore the time won't stop going up. I just want my phone to restore from the cloud

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
IMG_1434.JPG
This issue still not fixed? Neighbor is dying to get her phone restored.

helen_xxx

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2017
Mine is stuck I at 1 minute for 6 hrs
[doublepost=1498686579][/doublepost]Guys it it just a apple server error! They are trying to fix it here's the link https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/

How didn't you find that info? Mines been stuck on "less than a min" for the past 5 hrs
[doublepost=1498719228][/doublepost]
[doublepost=1498719377][/doublepost]ok so no magic here. 2:51 am and read till the last page. I've been dealing with this restoring iCloud issue for the past 3 days and I am borderline going to go crazy. Rebooted a million times, factory reset and all, now stuck "less than 1 min" for the past 6 hrs !!!!!!! Can't believe I read through 15 pages of post:(

flowernat

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2017
I'm writing this post with a small tear in my eye. Yesterday my phone was acting super slow. Closing out of apps and folders almost looked like slow motion. I didn't want to deal with it so I just let it go. Later last night I decided I wanted to download a mindless game to play while watching Gilmore girls. The download wouldn't work. So I thought I would FINALLY install the most recent software update that has been nagging me for days. All h*ll broke loose then. The install failed. I decided I would turn the phone off and turn it back on. I got the apple logo and it wouldn't go away. I did try to walk into to the Apple Store and today is a tax free holiday so it was madness. So I decided to go into the office on a Sunday to see if I could get my work computer to help me restore the phone. Finally worked through that issue and used the iTunes backup to install the backup I had on the work computer from Feb 2016 just to see if the phone would work. It did! So I decided I wanted to erase the iTunes backup from Feb and install my most recent iCloud backup from a couple days ago.

The estimated time remaining screen showed forever and then finally told me a backup could not be installed. Power Cycled the phone and tried again. The estimated time just sat there never moving. So I did what I know to do best.. Googled.

I found this thread and I sh*t you not... by the time I got through reading the first page it was up to "Estimated Time Remaining: One Hour" I only had to read through page 6 before my phone completely restored.

I DO NOT KNOW WHAT MAGIC LIES HERE BUT I BELIEVE IN IT.

I would also like to make a million dollars by the end of the year.. and since I'm not sure what kind of magic this is.. I'd like to also stipulate that I'd like that million to come from something good and not from some tragic accident.

I hope this thread works for many other people. It's so odd that it works but it does!

Edited to post my screenshot of the successful backup.
[doublepost=1498729952][/doublepost]Was trying to restore overnight. Unsuccessfully. Was stuck at 1 minute remaining for hours. Started again this am while reading this. Throw some magic my way
[doublepost=1498732663][/doublepost]
[doublepost=1498729952][/doublepost]Was trying to restore overnight. Unsuccessfully. Was stuck at 1 minute remaining for hours. Started again this am while reading this. Throw some magic my way
Started over. Back to less than a minute and hanging. Please throw me some magic

Manimal25

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2017
New phone was stuck restoring overnight, 12+hrs and counting. Opened this thread, saw the "magic", looked down...FINISHED RESTORING WHAT DEVIL MAGIC IS THIS.

Condolences to those who are still stuck; I have no clue how to help. Maybe try sacrificing a goat to macrumors or something.

ipugsiehd

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2017
This is hilarious. I read through this, laughing my head off.
While it is hilarious, it did actually finish after reading it.
This is most likely due to how long this thread it is and it needing a lot of time although it doesn't show progress. Just be patient.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.