Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jkozlow3

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2008
I'm not trying to be rude here but there are some people posted issues here like back in feb 2017 which was just two months ago. Maybe I'm mistaken.

You're not mistaken, but this thread basically came to a halt ~5 months ago. I think a few people had defective phones or something but the problem cleared up for the other 99% of us many months ago.

determined09

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009
You're not mistaken, but this thread basically came to a halt ~5 months ago. I think a few people had defective phones or something but the problem cleared up for the other 99% of us many months ago.
I think the Carrier update was in 10.3 instead of 10.3.1. But I'm not sure.
When I first got my iPhone 7 back in January, I had no LTE connection box at the bottom of my screen and there was some others things that it was doing.but I still had some service. I took it by apple and I they said that it was just fine. But I got sick and I wasn't able to return this iPhone back during the return period, so I'm stuck with this phone.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I think the Carrier update was in 10.3 instead of 10.3.1. But I'm not sure.
When I first got my iPhone 7 back in January, I had no LTE connection box at the bottom of my screen and there was some others things that it was doing.but I still had some service. I took it by apple and I they said that it was just fine. But I got sick and I wasn't able to return this iPhone back during the return period, so I'm stuck with this phone.
Carrier updates come without iOS updates as well.

determined09

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009
IMG_6089.jpg
Carrier updates come without iOS updates as well.

Yes Thats true. Thank you. But I haven't seen one come across my iPhone lately. But When I do see them, you usually have the option of if you want to download that carrier update.

I just got saw the words " no service " on my iPhone 7 plus. :( But I also have the LTE with clear circles. I was able to take of screenshot of my iPhone when it had the words no service unfortunately.

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
View attachment 694845

Yes Thats true. Thank you. But I haven't seen one come across my iPhone lately. But When I do see them, you usually have the option of if you want to download that carrier update.

I just got saw the words " no service " on my iPhone 7 plus. :( But I also have the LTE with clear circles. I was able to take of screenshot of my iPhone when it had the words no service unfortunately.
Usually if you go to Settings > General > About that will check for and offer any new carrier updates.

JoeyD74

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2014
I got a weird no service issue today, internet stopped working while I was on it, it had no dots but showed LTE. Did this twice in a hour then it's been fine

Reactions: determined09

hifu

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2017
On an island
Well, the update repaired my bad connections, I'm back on HD calls and no problem has come up. Can't help on the rest since I live on an island a just lucky to have good service

determined09

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009
Usually if you go to Settings > General > About that will check for and offer any new carrier updates.

Usually when I have a stand alone Carrier update. It usually notifies me like this. And I haven't seen this box on my iPhone in awhile.
IMG_6297.jpg

Maarked

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2011
I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to update those who may still be dealing with this issue. I was heavily impacted and involved int his issue/thread early on. Basically did everything to try to resolve it before giving up around the beginning of the year. Recently the issue became worse and worse and I decided to replace the phone one last time.

Its been 3 days and I haven't dropped to no service/1x/3g, like it used to on my previous iPhone's. I checked CNDeepInfo and my replacement phone was produced week 6 2017. Previously my multiple replacements were all pre week 40 2016.

So if you are dealing with this issue, go in and get a replacement before your warranty ends.

Reactions: determined09
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.