Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yamborghini

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2020
iphone72months.png

Did you know apple was still manufacturing iPhone 7's?
Mine was made 26.04.2020.
https://www.macrumors.com/2019/09/11/iphone-7-clearance-site/ It was supposed to be discontinued for a while, so what is going on?

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
View attachment 932617
https://www.macrumors.com/2019/09/11/iphone-7-clearance-site/ It was supposed to be discontinued for a while, so what is going on?
Did you buy this new or as a refurb? If you bought it as a refurb, Apple assigns new serial numbers during the refurb process, which would explain why you're seeing a recent manufacture date.

Reactions: Marlon DLTH :)

yamborghini

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2020
Did you buy this new or as a refurb? If you bought it as a refurb, Apple assigns new serial numbers during the refurb process, which would explain why you're seeing a recent manufacture date.

I bought it new, sealed box.
Original box, contains everything + full apple warranty + 2 years extended) and 1 year apple tv included.
Model number starts with an ”m” which means it’s brand new.

Last edited:

yamborghini

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2020

Was it a better deal than buying iPhone SE 2020?
It was 299, SE is 499€. (Finnish prices)
[automerge]1594412434[/automerge]
Rather surprised it is still being made.
Yep, i’m too!

Last edited:

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
I bought it new, sealed box.
Original box, contains everything + full apple warranty + 2 years extended) and 1 year apple tv included.
Model number starts with an ”m” which means it’s brand new.
Oh nice then! So in Finland you get three years total under Applecare for iPhones? Here in the US it's only 2 years total.

tt061282

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2018
Nevada
I wouldn’t mind if they kept making new iPhone 7’s until 2025 honestly. It is definitely my favorite iPhone model. I have the new SE, iPhone XS and 11 right now, but I have a 7 I use at times as well.

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
View attachment 932617
Yes. I got a new iPhone 7 Plus earlier this year, and it came with iOS13 out of the box.
It's discontinued in major markets, but it's still being available in other markets. In my country, a brand new 6s was still available officially last year.

Also, since the iPhone 7 has not entered vintage status, Apple would still need new units available for replacements.

Reactions: zkap and Lucas284

yamborghini

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2020
Yes. I got a new iPhone 7 Plus earlier this year, and it came with iOS13 out of the box.
It's discontinued in major markets, but it's still being available in other markets. In my country, a brand new 6s was still available officially last year.

Also, since the iPhone 7 has not entered vintage status, Apple would still need new units available for replacements.
Oh okay.
Where are you from?

broadleaf35

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2019
Don't they manufacture all Iphones for up to five years from the launch year? They may shift production around (say from China to India), but they keep the assembly lines going for a long time. As someone posted earlier, they need replacements and sell through low-cost retailers.

Reactions: JPack
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.