Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2009
A simple single and fast port for data transfer should not be that difficult for Apple. Should not require Einstein to come up with this. Many other smartphone manufacturers have had it for quite a few years now

crashnburn

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2009

mongobongo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 1, 2007
Stockholm, Sweden
I for one am actually concerned about the rumors of a portless iPhone. I prefer to do local backups and have a lot of content to sync. I guess I could reluctantly accept a fast wireless connection but what is going to be close to impossible to swallow are the reduced charging speeds that come with MagSafe. Unless they drastically improve I think this is going to be a very hard sell for Apple next year. Forget about the headphone jack!

Homme

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2014
Sydney
It makes no sense as USB 2.0 is not meant for fast charging. Hence, if the iPhone 8 has fast charging, then it has to be 3.0.

FYI, USB 3.0 was built to power SATA devices, a higher power requirement, hence the fast charge capabilities.

I know yours is an old post but then even iPhone 12 till now has 2.0 speeds and that has fast charging so yes even USB 2.0 devices from the 8 to above fast charge

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.