Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macman4291

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2006
i left it on the charger last night and I wake up and it like bent and all ****ed up. I don't know what to do, I just got this thing like days ago

Attachments

• IMG_0076.JPG
    IMG_0076.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 999

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
i left it on the charger last night and I wake up and it like bent and all ****ed up. I don't know what to do, I just got this thing like days ago

Battery could possibly have expanded, causing the problems.

Of course, get in touch with Apple Support.

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
The battery issue goes back to the original unibody MacBook Pro. Those batteries were notorious for swelling. Brand new the sat flat on a table. After a couple of months you were able to spin them like a top because they bowed in the middle.

Btw, they were replaceable batteries for anyone unfamiliar with them.

O-H??

Reactions: Peter K.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I think "exploded" is slight exaggeration but make a great title for the thread.

No doubt Apple will replace and I am sure they would like to get their hands on this to see what happened. This is a very rare occurrence and hopefully we see very few.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
You knew something was wrong bc you started a thread saying the battery life sucked and it ran really hot all the time.

Also, exploded doesn't mean what you think it means.

dsjr2006

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2007
Metro Detroit
Agreed. Looks more like "I sat on it and bent it at the weak point but will try to convince people the battery went bad".
It is quite strange that the phone would bend because of a swollen battery, seems like the screen would simply be pushed up and away. Smells fishy!

Rootus

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2008
Portland, OR
Tough room.
MR is fanboi central, and people take any kind of potential criticism of the largest corporation on the planet (or nearly so) as some kind of personal affront. I guess if you have no personal identity you have to adopt someone else's...

In any case, Apple will be able to quickly determine bent vs swollen battery, we don't need people analyzing pixels on MR, ha!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.