Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Djones96

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 13, 2022
Hey all,

I know we are still a little ways out from the iPhone 15 being announced and pre orders taking place, but I figured I’d get ahead of the curve.
This year I plan on ordering a 15 when pre orders go live, and I also plan on getting on the Apple Upgrade Program. When submitting your order, what is the process of enrolling in the upgrade program? Will this slow down the order process or is it pretty seamless? I’m hoping to get a delivery date as soon as possible and don’t want to be slowed down if getting on the upgrade program is a longer process when checking out. Any advice is much appreciated!

Reactions: hovscorpion12

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
For the iPhone upgrade program, Apple will give the opportunity to "configure your pre-order ahead of time". This will allow you to be pre-approved before pre-orders go live.

It should not slow down the order process. Once all the info is filled, the app store will grant you the option to save your "configuration"

On pre-order day, you click your iPhone and hit buy.

Djones96

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 13, 2022
For the iPhone upgrade program, Apple will give the opportunity to "configure your pre-order ahead of time". This will allow you to be pre-approved before pre-orders go live.

It should not slow down the order process. Once all the info is filled, the app store will grant you the option to save your "configuration"

Awesome. Thank you very much!

Ameer_1

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2023
Boca Raton, Florida
Let's say when you join and within 12 months, the battery health drops to 80% will Apple replace the battery for free?
Also, can the phone have any scratches on the screen when I return it, or should I just put a screen protector?

sjperformance

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
Let's say when you join and within 12 months, the battery health drops to 80% will Apple replace the battery for free?
Also, can the phone have any scratches on the screen when I return it, or should I just put a screen protector?

Yes it can have scratches. And highly doubt it your new iPhone will drop to 80% in 12 months.

sjperformance

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305

This is what I’ve been doing for the last 4 years. AUP is easy and smooth. I have never missed a launch day iPhone.

Jordan4613

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2022
My plan is ceaseless around the house and in silcone case when I’m out and take case off when in office e.t.c. I plan to get apple care though. My only concern going caseless is the lens
I'm at the point where I'll do AC+ and a screen protector while placing the phone screen side down due to the cost of replacing the screen being lower than back glass replacement.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I'm at the point where I'll do AC+ and a screen protector while placing the phone screen side down due to the cost of replacing the screen being lower than back glass replacement.
I may just take a cloth with me everywhere and place it where my phone Goes lol

Reactions: Djones96

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
The iPhone upgrade program does include Apple Care+. No need to repurchase

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO

Exactly. They make it ridiculously easy to give them your monies. Once config is set and saved, I think it is something like two or three taps and the phone is ordered.

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
But if you drop the phone and it crack do they replace it for free?

Not for free, but the terms for Apple Care+ applies.

The only difference in the iPhone Upgrade Program is that Apple Care+ bundled instead of separate.

"Under AppleCare+, each accidental damage incident is subject to a service fee of $29 for screen or back glass damage or $99 for other accidental damage."

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Not for free, but the terms for Apple Care+ applies.

The only difference in the iPhone Upgrade Program is that Apple Care+ bundled instead of separate.

"Under AppleCare+, each accidental damage incident is subject to a service fee of $29 for screen or back glass damage or $99 for other accidental damage."
That's a very low price to pay for damaged screens!

We have AC+ on MBP at work and if a screen gets cracked, it's $99.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Apple sells a $20 cloth iirc ;)

Yeah mine is due an upgrade
b56f513ae214f1a6523a0485a1984a1e.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: shr631
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.