Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Djones96

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 13, 2022
I hope it works out for us! I wanted specifically to do AUP because I think it's ridiculous having a 3 year payoff period lol. It puts a person at upgrade level of payments 6 months after the new iPhone comes out :(
I hope it works out too. I upgrade yearly so being on AUP makes total sense. I'm going to be disappointed if I can't get an iPhone on day 1.

Djones96

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 13, 2022
Is it normal to not be able to check your loan immediately when joining the AUP?

sjperformance

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
Is it normal to not be able to check your loan immediately when joining the AUP?
Once you get a loan number from citizen you can set up profile on their site with your loan number. You can see total due and what card they will be charging. Citizen has been good in regards to constantly sending emails and what not.

Reactions: Djones96

LeahJoFoxtrot

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2016
Once you get a loan number from citizen you can set up profile on their site with your loan number. You can see total due and what card they will be charging. Citizen has been good in regards to constantly sending emails and what not.
You get the loan number after you buy the phone right? In other words I shouldn't have gotten anything from CitizensOne yet? Because I haven't :|

Rob198612

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2014
Miami
Does the program do a Hard credit check every year? I haven’t been able to find a legit answer.
i started program last year

no hard check this year

i also dont recall having a hard check last year

i lock my credit report so i guess that helps from them pulling report afterwords

royinla14

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
I hope someone can provide input on this - both wife and I on the IUP using shared t-mobile account (me as account holder). When I go to devices eligible for IUP I see on my Apple Store App both of our devices, however, both indicate 'replace this phone on my t-mobile account' and both indicate my phone number. My question is if this because I am the account holder and safe for me to upgrade both from my app, or will it create issues with the eSIM and allocate the same phone number to the new phones?
I know I had the same issue last year and can't remember what I did lol...

Djones96

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 13, 2022
You get the loan number after you buy the phone right? In other words I shouldn't have gotten anything from CitizensOne yet? Because I haven't :|
I'm hoping this is the case, I still haven't received anything from CitizensOne.

Djones96

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 13, 2022
You won’t get anything from Citizens until after Friday (if that is when you actually order your phone). In the past it has taken anywhere from a few hours to a couple of days to receive the email from Citizens for your loan.

You will get email from citizen after you order.
Thank you both. The charge is showing up on my Apple Card for the upgrade program, so hopefully no issues during check out.

Djones96

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 13, 2022
My charge was reversed about 25 mins after my approval message from Apple! D:
When you go into your card to view your transactions, does it show as an actual refund, or did the charge just disappear? Mine does not show as a refund, but the charge did disappear for me and the money still shows on my card balance.

LeahJoFoxtrot

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2016
When you go into your card to view your transactions, does it show as an actual refund, or did the charge just disappear? Mine does not show as a refund, but the charge did disappear for me and the money still shows on my card balance.
Mine is a reversal of the original charge.

dprevett1

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2015
I have three older iphones currently on AT&T unlimited service, but am interested in switching to Boost Infinite. I bought an iPhone 15 using the Apple upgrade program last week, with the intent to switch the new phone to Boost this week. It seems that is perfectly doable with this particular phone. But the fine print implies that an eventual replacement phone from the upgrade program will still have be activated with one of the three current upgrade program carriers (AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon). Is there any way to work around that? Or do I need to read and comprehend the deal details more closely next time?

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
I have three older iphones currently on AT&T unlimited service, but am interested in switching to Boost Infinite. I bought an iPhone 15 using the Apple upgrade program last week, with the intent to switch the new phone to Boost this week. It seems that is perfectly doable with this particular phone. But the fine print implies that an eventual replacement phone from the upgrade program will still have be activated with one of the three current upgrade program carriers (AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon). Is there any way to work around that? Or do I need to read and comprehend the deal details more closely next time?

I’m not aware of any workarounds as both my wife and I are part of the program, but I’d love to move us to a MVNO (ie. Mint or Visible). We’re currently with T-Mobile, but I have been thinking about porting out and moving to pre-paid, but it doesn’t seem that is possible being part of IUP.

Reactions: 4sallypat

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
I’m not aware of any workarounds as both my wife and I are part of the program, but I’d love to move us to a MVNO (ie. Mint or Visible). We’re currently with T-Mobile, but I have been thinking about porting out and moving to pre-paid, but it doesn’t seem that is possible being part of IUP.
I am also thinking of moving from TMO to an MVNO as well.

Looking at Tello since their prepaid is much better for the money than T Mobile prepaid.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.