Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shr631

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2013
Yeah mine is due an upgrade
b56f513ae214f1a6523a0485a1984a1e.jpg
Maybe hold out to see if they announce iCloth 2 on Tue. Otherwise just replace the battery and it’ll wipe like new until they stop signing updates for it 🤣

LeahJoFoxtrot

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2016
So, slightly tangential topic but yesterday I tried to get preapproved for an IUP loan and I got Apple's confirmation. However about 15-20 minutes later the initial charge made to my debit card was reversed. Is this normal? I just tried again.

LeahJoFoxtrot

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2016
No, I canceled the other IUP loan but I did another "Prepare for Preorder" using my Apple Card as the payment method.

LeahJoFoxtrot

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2016
Also I've not received any text or email from CitizensOne. I have gotten an email from Apple though.

Djones96

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 13, 2022
So, my pre preorder went through and I was approved for the upgrade program. I'm a Verizon customer currently and my 14 pro max has a balance on it, I also saw in another thread that someone had a charge on their apple card saying their monthly payments will be billed on such and such date, but I haven't gotten this charge on my card yet. Will either of these things possibly be a problem tomorrow during check out? Is there a chance that they reverse my pre approval?

sjperformance

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
So, my pre preorder went through and I was approved for the upgrade program. I'm a Verizon customer currently and my 14 pro max has a balance on it, I also saw in another thread that someone had a charge on their apple card saying their monthly payments will be billed on such and such date, but I haven't gotten this charge on my card yet. Will either of these things possibly be a problem tomorrow during check out? Is there a chance that they reverse my pre approval?

The 14 is bought via Verizon? If so Verizon and AUP have nothing to do with each other. You need to call Verizon and see what's going to happen.

LeahJoFoxtrot

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2016
I set up the payment for the second AUP on my debit card.
To clarify, last night I did the "Prepare for Preorder" on an iPhone 15 Pro Max and I applied for AUP. I was approved and got charged on my debit card.

Then the charge on my debit card was reversed and I was confused. I don't want to miss out on a speedier checkout so I did another "Prepare for Preorder" but the way of paying for the phone was my Apple Card in 0% installments, but no AUP.

Finally, this morning I thought I'd try again with AUP and it went through again but just now the charge was reversed. It might be important to note they couldn't verify my carrier. I think this was because I used the wrong number.

So I'm not sure where I stand now lol.

Djones96

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 13, 2022
The 14 is bought via Verizon? If so Verizon and AUP have nothing to do with each other. You need to call Verizon and see what's going to happen.
Yes, the 14 was bought last year from Verizon using an upgrade. My pre approval for the upgrade program went through when I selected Verizon as my carrier since you're forced to choose a carrier when doing monthly installment plans. I did get a message saying something like "we can't get in contact with your carrier, but we can move forward" etc

Djones96

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 13, 2022
I set up the payment for the second AUP on my debit card.
To clarify, last night I did the "Prepare for Preorder" on an iPhone 15 Pro Max and I applied for AUP. I was approved and got charged on my debit card.

Then the charge on my debit card was reversed and I was confused. I don't want to miss out on a speedier checkout so I did another "Prepare for Preorder" but the way of paying for the phone was my Apple Card in 0% installments, but no AUP.

Finally, this morning I thought I'd try again with AUP and it went through again but just now the charge was reversed. It might be important to note they couldn't verify my carrier. I think this was because I used the wrong number.

So I'm not sure where I stand now lol.
I'm confused on this as well. My approval for the upgrade program went through but a message popped up that said "we can move forward, but we can't contact your carrier" I'm hoping this doesn't mess anything up when checking out.

• Wow
Reactions: LeahJoFoxtrot

physicsguy13

Contributor
Oct 5, 2010
Huntiingon Beach, CA
If you still owe money on the 14 to Verizon, you need to pay that phone off before you switch to IUP.

LeahJoFoxtrot

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2016
I'm confused on this as well. My approval for the upgrade program went through but a message popped up that said "we can move forward, but we can't contact your carrier" I'm hoping this doesn't mess anything up when checking out.
I hope it works out for us! I wanted specifically to do AUP because I think it's ridiculous having a 3 year payoff period lol. It puts a person at upgrade level of payments 6 months after the new iPhone comes out :(

• Wow
Reactions: Djones96
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.