Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you feel the sim tray sticking out when you run your finger across the tray area?

• yes

• no

• apple has lost all sense of quality

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wackery

Cancelled
Original poster
Feb 1, 2015
Hello,

Can someone here check to see if their Sim Tray sits perfectly flush with the surface of their iPhone X, or does it noticeably stick out where the pin hole is? You can check easily by running your finger over the surface of where the sim tray is.

Mine sticks out slightly slightly where the pin hole is, as if the tip was slightly bent but is perfectly flush along the rest of the sim tray surface.

Last edited:

fitcious

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2014
It’s probably the rubber seal for the water resistant feature- I had something similar for my 7. Just use your nail and adjust the rubber and it should sit flush. Or you can post a pic of the issue and we can evaluate

Wackery

Cancelled
Original poster
Feb 1, 2015
It’s probably the rubber seal for the water resistant feature- I had something similar for my 7. Just use your nail and adjust the rubber and it should sit flush. Or you can post a pic of the issue and we can evaluate

can you please try it on your iphone and answer the question?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Yes, that seems to happen since they started water resistance on the iphone.
The rubber gasket inside gets in the way. Take the sim tray out and readjust and insert it till it sits flush and even.
[doublepost=1511136874][/doublepost]
can you please try it on your iphone and answer the question?

You should try it on your phone.

jhearty99

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
Long Island, NY
When I went and picked up my phone on launch day and had them install the Belkin screen protector, I immediately told the employee the sim tray isn’t completely flush. He popped it out and put it back in and it went flush.

ventmore

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Yep...both of mine have been like this......I figured it was something to do with the seal.

I may try adjusting it tomorrow.

Reactions: Wackery

Wackery

Cancelled
Original poster
Feb 1, 2015
Uh, no.

If it can be made flush within a second, with no special skills, that’s not a fault.

Why don’t you just fix it, rather than trying to invent a problem?
go feel yours do you not feel the divet? as if the tray bends upwards enough that it’s tangibly noticeable. reading comprehension in this thread seems like it’s an issue

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
SoldierKnowsBest on YouTube commented that his SIM tray was sticking out on one side.

As has been mentioned, since the 7-era water resistant gaskets, there has been some inconsistency in flushness however it shouldn't be worse on one side.

The few X units I've seen also had minor differences in flushness, with some sticking out and some slightly depressed.

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
Mine sits perfectly flush.
go feel yours do you not feel the divet? as if the tray bends upwards enough that it’s tangibly noticeable. reading comprehension in this thread seems like it’s an issue

Agreed. You seem to be missing the many posts that explain that 1) it’s not a widespread issue, and 2) it‘s an easy fix if yours is not flush.

Reactions: Applejuiced

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
It happened to my 7 Plus when I took out the SIM when I switched to the X.

After few minutes of adjusting I was finally able to make the rubber gasket flush again. Scared me so much.

But your use of the gate suffix negated much of your credibility.

KONVICTED

Suspended
Oct 16, 2017
Mine is flush. Never experienced this issue. Maybe you should try to readjust your sim Tray.

Wackery

Cancelled
Original poster
Feb 1, 2015
haha, I think what I’m feeling is the actual hole in the sim tray, not the tray itself
[doublepost=1511140705][/doublepost]
It happened to my 7 Plus when I took out the SIM when I switched to the X.

After few minutes of adjusting I was finally able to make the rubber gasket flush again. Scared me so much.

But your use of the gate suffix negated much of your credibility.
i think it’s disappointing apple didn’t make the the tray ‘pop’ into place so you know it’s secure. right now it’s just kind of in there by friction

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.