Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you feel the sim tray sticking out when you run your finger across the tray area?

• yes

• no

• apple has lost all sense of quality

Results are only viewable after voting.

jdogg836

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010
Oklahoma
go feel yours do you not feel the divet? as if the tray bends upwards enough that it’s tangibly noticeable. reading comprehension in this thread seems like it’s an issue

Sounds like you, or whoever opened the tray, bent it. I saw someone go at theirs with a paperclip, despite me telling them that the UCD phones come with a sim tool, and he bent the tray. They fit flush, if they don't it's the gasket that needs adjusting.

Before you say anything, I can read and comprehend just fine. A lot of people here can. You're trying to invent an issue that doesn't exist.

Reactions: Newtons Apple

razvanrogue

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2018
This has happened since the iPhone 4. The tray isnt completely flush with metal frame.

Hi,

I've got my X today! Very exited with the unboxing, but a very unpleasant surprise when I insert the sim card. The tray did not flushed!!! This is an issue, which should not happ. I'm disappointed. I had a similar problem on my 5c, but I didn't pay much attention...but for X, due to huge price, this is unacceptable. Such a simple thing...cmon Apple:((
I don't know if to go back to my reseller is a solution, as this problem is quite general. Then, how to fix it, is anyone who can advice? Thanks!

Reactions: Wackery

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Hi,

I've got my X today! Very exited with the unboxing, but a very unpleasant surprise when I insert the sim card. The tray did not flushed!!! This is an issue, which should not happ. I'm disappointed. I had a similar problem on my 5c, but I didn't pay much attention...but for X, due to huge price, this is unacceptable. Such a simple thing...cmon Apple:((
I don't know if to go back to my reseller is a solution, as this problem is quite general. Then, how to fix it, is anyone who can advice? Thanks!

There is a seal that surrounds the Sim card tray, it might be getting pinched. I would inspect that first. Otherwise, then I would just have it replaced returned.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.