Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhone X With or without a case

• Total voters

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
i really wanted to do no case but i don't think i can. it's a great looking phone but the repair rates are pretty high.

JohnnyQuest

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2006
With a silicone Apple case. The stainless steel band and glass back are just asking to get wrecked.

Reactions: chabig

ezgoezit

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2017
Seattle
Just picked up the midnight blue leather case this morning. After the situation I had with my last phone (see below), I can't see myself going without a case. In fact, I should slap a screen protector on there as well, but I just can't bring myself to do it.
IMG_0002.JPG

Reactions: pat500000 and ob81

TechNismo

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2017
6ix
Just got a cheap clear case that will protect the back from scratches and will also show the beauty of the phone

NauticalDan

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2010
Canada
I buy AppleCare+, so could risk it without a case. All my drops tend to be very minor, and I'm not too hard on my phones. But I also don't want to have minor dings and scratches that aren't worth getting repaired and will just annoy me. So I do a minimalist case by Pitaka

Attachments

• pitaka.jpg
    pitaka.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 1,330
Reactions: obargy

MEJHarrison

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2009
I've love to go naked, but I'm too big a klutz to even attempt it. I don't mind the case so much. But for the first time ever, I'm not a fan of the screen protector. I think my issue is that they used to extend off the ends of the screen into the bezels, so it wasn't nearly as noticeable. Now that the bezels are essentially gone, I happen to find it a LOT more distracting. Still, I drop my phone multiple times per week on average, so it's just not worth taking it off. Maybe I just need to find one that wraps around the screen more rather than just ending at the edges.

Jmoc916

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2016
CA*
Wonder how the full body glass screen screen protector would be. I’m good about dropping my phones ... a lot of times I do full body wraps on my phones but never with the glass kind .

Reactions: Picapau21

irish2110

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2008
Does anyone know if going caseless affects the quality of the camera over time? Meaning, will the camera become less effective taking crisp pictures because this camera is awesome.

myscrnnm

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
I’ve always used a case on my iPhones. The only one where I felt comfortable enough to go without a case at times was the 4/4S. Ironically, the one time I dropped it was when I took the case off and it dented the plastic on the bottom edge.

upnorth85

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2011
MN, USA
I always buy Apple's silicon case. This time too. But I stopped using screen protector from 7+. No plans to add screen protector. Is the OLED screen more scratch prone than a regular Gorilla glass screen of 7+?

MEJHarrison

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2009
Does anyone know if going caseless affects the quality of the camera over time? Meaning, will the camera become less effective taking crisp pictures because this camera is awesome.

My gut says no. My brain says what??? Unless the case is obstructing the lens, I fail to see a connection between the two. So I'm going to say going with or without a case will have no more effect on your camera than if you were to carry a stick of gum in your pocket. Completely unrelated.

irish2110

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2008
My gut says no. My brain says what??? Unless the case is obstructing the lens, I fail to see a connection between the two. So I'm going to say going with or without a case will have no more effect on your camera than if you were to carry a stick of gum in your pocket. Completely unrelated.

Apologize for the confusion..what I meant was over time will the camera lens scratch affecting the quality of the picture being taken...assuming no case is being used.

nia820

macrumors 68020
Jun 27, 2011
My iPhone x got a case and screen protector straight out the box. The is way too slippery and that glass back is asking to be shattered.

I've spent too much money on this thing.

sumiregusa

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2013
I'm not brave enough to do naked day-to-day, especially after what I went through just to get my phone at launch as promised. The phone is just too premium and too expensive.

Right now I'm rocking a Speck Presidio Grip/i-Blason E2E screen protector combo that I'm completely in love with.

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010
I've been naked so far, but I do plan on picking up an Apple silicone case eventually once I decide on a color.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Caseless and no screen protector. But I should add that I'm also very cautious with my devices and I have been fortunate to not have any accidents. I just prefer to use the iPhone exactly how it is out of the box.

BlackHawk00

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2017
I have a silver X for almost 5 days now and using it totally naked and I am enjoying every moment of it. I know there is a risk attached, but I’m willing to take that risk as I take very good care of my phones.

If I ever have to put a case,I will go for Apple leather case (saddle brown)

Reactions: jimbo1mcm

m3gatran

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2010
Honolulu
I'm not brave enough to do naked day-to-day, especially after what I went through just to get my phone at launch as promised. The phone is just too premium and too expensive.

Right now I'm rocking a Speck Presidio Grip/i-Blason E2E screen protector combo that I'm completely in love with.

Can you post pics without the case. Can dust get above the earpiece like the Orzly E2E?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.