Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhone X With or without a case

• Total voters

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
No case, no screen protector, nothing. My phones are always naked. I can’t stand the added bulk of a case (even the thin ones), and hate the feel of screen protectors (especially the edges). Phones feel so much better without them. Especially the iPhone X.

mattysmith118

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2016
South West Wales
No cases, ever. I always use my iPhone out of the box in its full entirety. I'm Also cautious enough with my devices that I don't have to worry about how I treat them.

I wish I was cautious but I tend to do stupid stuff when I drink lol. I don't like cases but I do use screen protectors I mean for £1 that can save you getting a replacement screen and doesn't affect the phone too much is a bargain

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
I am little bit concerned about the Glass black this year as it can break with one drop. I am using Apple silicone case.

Actually, the glass has been shown to be much more durable than on the iPhone 8/8 Plus due to the larger camera cut out. It's been shown to survive pretty harsh falls of 6ft+.

AintDutchNotMuch

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2015
The Netherlands

jeff.noechel

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 20, 2016
So since making this post, I have now dropped my naked phone twice just this passed weekend. Once basically throwing it at my hardwood floor (zero damage) and the second time it fell off my lap getting out of the car HARD onto the concrete. To my amazement not only was it not cracked, there was zero scratched on the glass or stainless steel bands. I can def say this is as strong as apple says. The media is def making some stuff up. Both my S8 and S8 plus cracked on first falls that were pretty soft falls. Just amazed.

Side Note, Just went and picked up a Defender case lol. I'm not gonna press my luck

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
No case at all on my iPhone 8 Plus but just for sanity I got a solid bumper case which has been tested to be shatter proof from 11 feet of height. But no screen protectors or anything else for that matter. Only the bumper.

c21a0cfe4f9cdd1b07412ecb26b6befd.jpg

Last edited:

DiveKitty

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2017
Yup. I am careful but sometimes life has other plans. Spigen Slim Armor case in Gunmetal. Also have a tempered glass screen protector. I like that I can just replace them every few months and get like a “fresh” screen. My husband likes to rock all his devices (iPhones, iPads) naked, and I get how nice it is to see and feel them that way, but I just can’t do it!

neil74

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2017
Have a mujjo case but it only comes out for potentially hazardous situations (usually when alcohol may be involved). Otherwise I can’t bear to cover it up.

JOEY5ONE4

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2017
Just curious how many will be going naked with their iPhone X.

Space Grey iPhone X here and I keep it naked when it’s “me time” but I slip a Spigen clear TPU case on (takes like 2 sec) if I’m going shopping and use my phone as a shopping list, or going for drinks.. it’s kinda like putting on a jacket.. you can take it off when you get home. Another thing I’ve done is set up slicone coasters all over my condo and I just place my naked phone on them so they don’t slip’n slide or get scratched from random **** on a flat surface.

My partner makes me put on my case once I’ve had too many at home and start sluring.. I have been known to wake up on the floor with my phone scattered across the kitchen floor.. so I I don’t contests

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2010
I originally had an Apple leather case on my X but I changed to a Totalee leather case to reduce the weight and the bezels. It almost feels naked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.