Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sjperformance

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
I believe I’ll be keeping the Max. Never liked how big the plus felt. Especially with those bezels and what not. To me X was perfect but after awhile I desired a bigger screen. With Max the weight difference doesn’t bother me because X is heavy too. The Max fits perfect inside my pockets. Didn’t really feel a difference inside slim jeans I was wearing today. It does seem more faster smoother over my X running iOS12. I already use my X with 2 hands to text, emails, forums, etc. One handed only when viewing social media, reading something, an email. Barely use my X one handed. I’m used to 2 hands on my X therefore the Max feels normal to me. Having a huge screen with no bezels. No home button truly makes an immense difference. Y’all will enjoy it.

jbizzybeetle

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2015
I believe I’ll be keeping the Max. Never liked how big the plus felt. Especially with those bezels and what not. To me X was perfect but after awhile I desired a bigger screen. With Max the weight difference doesn’t bother me because X is heavy too. The Max fits perfect inside my pockets. Didn’t really feel a difference inside slim jeans I was wearing today. It does seem more faster smoother over my X running iOS12. I already use my X with 2 hands to text, emails, forums, etc. One handed only when viewing social media, reading something, an email. Barely use my X one handed. I’m used to 2 hands on my X therefore the Max feels normal to me. Having a huge screen with no bezels. No home button truly makes an immense difference. Y’all will enjoy it.

Ok, now drive to a semi rural area and see if 4x4 MIMO gets and holds your LTE signal better! Report!

I am only half kidding. :D

Bootleg Gucci

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2013
NoVA
Thanks for those photos OP. I am guessing whether SJperformance drives a Benz or Range Rover. My uncle had a couple of Patek Philippe watches that he wanted to give us. Didn't know at the time how pricey those were.

I wear an AW3 and drive a BMW and a minivan. The Gold XS Max should be my classiest item come tomorrow.

Reactions: Ntombi

ROLLTIDE1

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
Thanks for those photos OP. I am guessing whether SJperformance drives a Benz or Range Rover. My uncle had a couple of Patek Philippe watches that he wanted to give us. Didn't know at the time how pricey those were.

I wear an AW3 and drive a BMW and a minivan. The Gold XS Max should be my classiest item come tomorrow.

I think that he drives a Dodge Charger but what do I know

shooter03

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2013
Pakenham, Victoria,Australia
Got mine this morning in Australia. In and out of the store in 30mins. Love it.

Attachments

• BCBADDB6-C4E4-4709-BAD0-A8A40FD8BA0A.jpeg
    BCBADDB6-C4E4-4709-BAD0-A8A40FD8BA0A.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 695

Unprocessed1

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2008
Having the silver X and gold XS Max, which color do you prefer? Thinking about getting the gold but a little worried the back might look more beige than I'd like.

jigzaw

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2012
I have one question: is the notch larger on the Max, in proportion to the phone's size? Or is the notch identical in size to the regular X?

I'm trying to figure out if the proportion of screen to notch has changed on the Max to give the notch less of an impact or if the notch grew along with the screen..

PBz

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2005
SoCal
I’ve upgraded to every iPhone since iPhone 4. The plus size I could never do. Currently on X. Let me tell you the difference between a regular iPhone vs plus was more noticeable in size versus the X/XS to Max. X weight feels about the same to Max but I know Max is heavier. I believe because of overall Max size I can finally stay with a big screen iPhone.
I didn’t need to see this.

Reactions: gorkt

mquinn

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2012
Normal, IL
True

I had 6+, 7+ and 8+ before moving to the X. After 6 months with the X I couldn’t handle the size anymore and went back to the 8+.
Yep. I went from 8+ to X. Gave my daughter the X for her birthday and went back knowing they were going to announce a big version of the X. Can’t wait to get it.

predation

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2013

Yeah. Kids screw things up. LmAo

Kristine

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2005
Do you find that your XS Max screen is warmer than your X screen? Mine is, and I prefer my X screen.

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
True

I had 6+, 7+ and 8+ before moving to the X. After 6 months with the X I couldn’t handle the size anymore and went back to the 8+.

Haha, exactly what I did. 6+ in 2014, upgraded to 8+ last year....BUT did get the X in mid Nov. Just could not get used to the smaller size, and I missed landscape mode. I returned it in hopes of a Plus sized X (hope came true), been using the 8+.

The Max arrives in about 13, 14 hours.

millydog

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2007
Australia
I got my gold XS Max too. It’s my first gold iPhone. I wasn’t too keen on the gold colour of previous years and like black bezels. This gold is awesome, I’d describe it as being a bit more copper-gold. Love it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.