Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

millydog

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2007
Australia
Molly dog: what color max did you get?

It’s gold, my first gold iPhone.
It’s beautiful. The colours in it even seem to change shade with the day and reflections. The back sometimes looks cream, sometimes slightly pink and sometimes like a gold shimmer. The edge looks like a copper gold to me.

Reactions: Boardiesboi

millydog

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2007
Australia
Thanx for the pics. As people can see here too...the Max is a little bit taller over X/XS. The width feels the same. I believe many people will like the Max. Many of us was scared thinking it would be too big over X/XS but it really isn’t. Even feels lighter too me over X.

Yes, I find the size to be perfect. I feel guilty upgrading my X after 10 months, but the XS Max is the perfect size. I am always a 2 handed user, even with the X, but I love the larger screen. It’s not too large and I am making less mistakes when typing on it.

MareLuce

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2010
No problem. That one is the Spigen Liquid Crystal clear case. I also have the Apple Cape Cod Blue leather case which also looks great.
Thanks! I'm surprised Spigen already has it available for the iPhone Xs's.

sjperformance

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
I also wanted to thank everyone on this post. Not a single negative comment. This place has matured some. Last year I posted I got X 1-2 days before release day and many people called me a liar and what not. These are perks of your buddy being manager of my local AT&T store. I use AT&T BTW. Again thank you. Also to those watch heads on here...I’m impressed. Y’all mentioned some nice pieces.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
I also wanted to thank everyone on this post. Not a single negative comment. This place has matured some. Last year I posted I got X 1-2 days before release day and many people called me a liar and what not. These are perks of your buddy being manager of my local AT&T store. I use AT&T BTW. Again thank you. Also to those watch heads on here...I’m impressed. Y’all mentioned some nice pieces.
Be careful how much you reveal. Ignore the haters and deniers.
Serial numbers, and activation times can sometimes be traced to shipment, location, especially when you start leaking out carrier details.
Apple *should* be too busy right now... but they are also sticklers for their process.

millydog

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2007
Australia
Thanks! I'm surprised Spigen already has it available for the iPhone Xs's.

I think that they had the official dimensions, but not the correct name, going by the packaging. These were purchased at the official Spigen store for Australia on eBay and arrived yesterday.

f63b4fc4ed2f6f570e3481f30e519f08.jpg

Reactions: MareLuce

millydog

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2007
Australia
Be careful how much you reveal. Ignore the haters and deniers.
Serial numbers, and activation times can sometimes be traced to shipment, location, especially when you start leaking out carrier details.
Apple *should* be too busy right now... but they are also sticklers for their process.

Nothing wrong at my end. I got mine at 1:50pm today (Friday)....in Australia. Living in Australia is great and especially on Apple iPhone or iPad release days.
I’ve had earlier deliveries in the past, but afternoon was good for today since I was working from home today anyway.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
Nothing wrong at my end. I got mine at 1:50pm today (Friday)....in Australia. Living in Australia is great and especially on Apple iPhone or iPad release days.
I’ve had earlier deliveries in the past, but afternoon was good for today since I was working from home today anyway.
I think that post was referring to getting the AT&T employee in trouble if Apple found out they broke street date. The store could be fined.

Reactions: millydog

millydog

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2007
Australia
I think that post was referring to getting the AT&T employee in trouble if Apple found out they broke street date. The store could be fined.

Yeah, I had actually understood that. I just wanted to then point out that I got it on the official release date where I am.

Reactions: DDustiNN

Kristine

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2005
The max screen is definitely a bit warmer from these photos.
I received my XS Max in Australia this morning and my screen is definitely warmer than my X. I’ve decided to return mine and stick with my X for now as I’m not paying over $2000 AUD for something I’m not 100% happy with.

drpellypo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2007
Northumberland, UK
Interesting that I have just tried my XS max in my 6S plus case and it fits almost perfectly. Camera is out, and the xs is thicker, but otherwise it's almost exactly the same size. But oddly holding it in your hand makes you feel like it's much much bigger.

SnyG

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2017
Liverpool, UK
I can’t get over how gorgeous the gold is. It’s absolutely stunning. I don’t want to put it in its case but I know I’ll have to eventually :(

Attachments

• 42E902ED-9C40-4B11-BB92-9BCD0480A55B.jpeg
    42E902ED-9C40-4B11-BB92-9BCD0480A55B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 199

patricem

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2005
How are the speakers? Last year with X I had to return twice as I couldnt hear on it.

millydog

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2007
Australia
I received my XS Max in Australia this morning and my screen is definitely warmer than my X. I’ve decided to return mine and stick with my X for now as I’m not paying over $2000 AUD for something I’m not 100% happy with.

Mine looked a bit warmer in my photos earlier in the thread, but I hadn’t changed the brightness from the default setting on the XS Max. I’ve played with changing both my X and XS Max brightness settings now and my Max is slightly warmer, but I would not have been able to tell unless I held them side by side with the same settings. I am actually very happy with my screen. I wouldn’t just give in if it’s a bit too warm. Try speaking to Apple and compare it against other XS Max screens perhaps.
I know that I’ve had yellow tints in screens upon delivery before that have disappeared a few weeks later, but they were LCD screens, so not sure if a similar thing occurs with OLED.

millydog

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2007
Australia
I can’t get over how gorgeous the gold is. It’s absolutely stunning. I don’t want to put it in its case but I know I’ll have to eventually :(

Nice case though and you don’t want to scratch it up. ;)
I’ve got both the clear Spigen one and Cape Cod Blue leather case. Using clear right now since people will want to see the colour and I don’t really want to take it out of the case to show them. I’ll move to the blue one soon though.

millydog

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2007
Australia
How are the speakers? Last year with X I had to return twice as I couldnt hear on it.

Not too long ago, I did a blindfold test with my husband. He played Thunderstruck on both iPhones and I easily picked which one was the Max. The difference is there, but the X speakers are fine anyway.
I haven’t tried speaker phone volume yet while on a call though.

techspin

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2014
Hm maybe it's because of using the X for a year, but in these photos the Max doesn't seem that much bigger.

democracyrules

Suspended
Nov 18, 2016
Just picked up at my carrier store. Yeah the manager is a good friend of mine. Don’t notice such a huge difference in weight between my current X vs Max. Don’t seem bigger either. Gold is beautiful.
0780c541e1d28ba90aac86f4dfbdad6b.jpg
05e62f0dd6c0a5f7fb2bb3e09f4f75f8.jpg
Got it yesterday. The “ultimate” and “truly” Xs”Max” since it has maximum size and maximum storage capacity: “512” GB gold sim free XsMax.

MacGeekDC

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Virginia
Together you can tell the difference, but the OP is right. For such a large screen the phone is not heavy or cumbersome as I thought it might be. And I have small hands. I’m thrilled with it.

Attachments

• BC8D5BA4-54FF-4FE9-949C-396E6A9983BC.jpeg
    BC8D5BA4-54FF-4FE9-949C-396E6A9983BC.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 202
Reactions: sjperformance
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.