Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001

According to a new entry to Kevin Rose's blog, Apple is set to debut a smaller sibling to the iPod Mini along with the iTunes-compatible Motorola ROKR. The iPod Nano is expected to sport 2 GB of solid-state memory & color screen to display photos, but will be much smaller and thinner than the iPod mini.

Our source claims that the Nano will come with a necklace holder like the shuffle.

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
iMatt mini said:
Mock Prototype:
http://members.shaw.ca/ventro2/nano_large.jpg
We'll have to wait til Wednesday to see it. Hopefully we can see it Wednesday and not just announce it.
anyone notice the size discrepancy between the mockup and the blog post? blog said 2GB, mock up says 1GB :confused:
i dont really like it, if that's what it looks like...not only is it titanium, but it looks so....sony...although that's not necessarily bad.

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
Damn, that picture posted above looks sexy. May have to look into this instead of a Shuffle if these rumors are indeed true...

Demon Hunter

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2004
This would surely confuse everyone... no, I doubt Apple would introduce another iPod line, but who knows. I think it's more likely that iPod mini gets a color LCD and solid-state memory.

virus1

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2004
LOST
sounds pretty cool, but it needs a new name. the shuffle is smaller, so nano would be inapropiate. sounds like a strange glitch in the ipod line, because even the ipod mini isn't color.

adam1185

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2004
I think that mockup is from an old ilouge contest.... I wouldn't think too much of it.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Posted this in the other thread too, but... See this contest from January before getting too excited. Maybe Apple have picked up the same name for something but it isn't that cylinder thingy.

buryyourbrideau

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2005
Chicago
for some reason, i just doubt this is a coming item from apple, but hey who knows with the ipod line updates were' all hearing about

dubbz

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2003
Alta, Norway
Doesn't Creative already have a MP3 player named Zen Nano-something?

Apple whould just be asking for trouble.

Edit: Guess the poster above me have the answer. Good catch :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.