Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dansgil

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I just want Apple to release an 8 or 10gb flash iPod mini with color screen. I would buy that in a split second. (as long as it costs no more that $299)

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Flash mini, bah humbug. Hasn't everyone heard that the hard drive is the new bling?

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
perhaps they guy could nto draw so me copyied the pic( thats bull and even i know it but i got happy!, i like the idea its like a shuffle with a screen!!

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
My first thought was "yep, that's what Page 2 is for!"

But it would combine several rumors nicely into one. 2 GB Shuffle? Smaller/smaller-screen flash Minis?

Maybe the Mini isn't really changing (or is just getting a color screen)... and 2GB in a Shuffle always sounded odd to me. Instead, they may simply ADD a new model between the Shuffle and Mini.

I could believe it. Especially since TS's all-flash Mini lineup includes a 6GB model. That size makes more sense with HD than flash, to me. Even if Apple gets cheap 4GB flash chips in bulk, that only gives you 4 and 8 GB models.

So I think it highly likely that TS's expectations go too far, and HD Minis will remain.

But something smaller than the Mini, with a color screen WOULD be cool. (But photos on a 2GB device? Oh, well, the color UI alone would be worth having a color screen.)

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
this color screen mini rumor happened once i got happy and nothing just 6gg minis and got rid of the gold mini

i stilll like this idea but .. i dont see it coming

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
I am expecting a redesign of the mini for the next capacity boost, even if it stays on HD storage, because the new Microdrives are smaller and drop the old CF interface. And, since these are as much fashion items as electronic toys, a new look before the holiday shopping orgy makes sense.

syklee26

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2005
war against Creative?

well...Creative can't do squat even if Apple names the new iPod "nano." this might be Apple declaring war on Creative.

I like the mock design of that "nano." but seems like there is no lanyard attached to it....i think that's why that design won't be the new "nano" if there is indeed one.

by the way I like what I saw in that iLounge's mock-up designs....iPod XP made me laugh.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
I find the rumor believable in general, but I'd expect such a product to look much like the Mini (not like that contest mockup)--and use the Mini name.

Just like there are several physical sizes of white iPod but all styled the same. The 2 GB Mini could simply be a smaller version of the same style used for larger Minis. That doesn't require a new name. My guess: no new names for iPod product lines this week.

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
Well if the Rocker is a lemon, the nano could be just what I am after for my podcasts and as a mass storage transfer device...

Trimix

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2003
Switzerland
i'll take it - if it is 2 gig flash and NOT cylindicral, i'll take it - perfect for running and listening to my language lessons the same time. but cylindrical would mean it rolls around and is hard to wear on hip or upper arm
<biting my nails...waiting>

speleoterra

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2005
Edmonton/Alberta/Canada
"Nano-Nano"

Attachments

• mork.jpg
    mork.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 2,418

untamedhysteria

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2005
pretty cool...can't wait to see what's actually released..and whether if this IS coming out whether or not they will update the mini into color as well...then have the original ipod with fm or something...cuz that's what i'm waitin for...or maybe some sirus satelite radio or somethin...then it would rock..

just waiting patiently until the real thing is released....

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
that thing is beatiful. but oh noes! why make a smaller cheaper iPod when there is the mini? why release an even smaller GBA :rolleyes:

sorry about that.

but seriously. i wouldnt mind one of those. the name is so Apple too. "the nano" people would call it. thats what the world was crying out for too. a screened flash memory iPod. now the iPod can do it all.

Mr.Hey

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2002
:D KRose is wrong!!!! hahahahahha can't wait for this to smack him in the face! :p "you heard it hear first!" ;) :D :eek: :mad: :( :confused:

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
This won't happen. First off, nano wouldn't be used by Apple for a new iPod name. Apple prefers simple words like mini, photo, and shuffle.

And if Apple did make this product, it would be a shuffle. Is it possible that all shuffles may get a screen at some point? Yes. Soon? I don't know. But it might happen at some point.

But this won't. This rumor is a steaming pile of crap.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.