Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fanbrain

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2005
So. UT
I can justify the purchase. I have only a 1st gen iPod and I've been wanting a new one. There. That settles it. It's justified and I'll do it. I think I like the white one more than the black though...

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2004
fanbrain said:
I can justify the purchase. I have only a 1st gen iPod and I've been wanting a new one. There. That settles it. It's justified and I'll do it. I think I like the white one more than the black though...

The black one shows scratches more then the white one.

ReanimationLP

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2005
On the moon.
ccrandall77 said:
Either Kevin Rose is on crack or Apple is.

Why would you come out with a lower-end iPod with a color screen for the same price as the 4GB iPod-mini? If this rumor is true, Apple needs to update their entire lineup and pricing schemes.

Now that Toshiba is shipping 40GB 1.8" drives for their Gigabit players, Apple should use those to put in the minis. Make the mini the same as the iPod-photos just sleeker and at $249.

Then put more capacity into the regular iPods plus Sirius. It'd also be nice if they finally integrated the larger iPod with a PVR solution. Heck, I can already take my memory sticks and toss them in my friend's TV to watch recorded TV. Why shouldn't I be able the same with a firewire connection from my iPod?

Then I'd dump the 512MB shuffle and drop the 1GB shuffle to $99. This would open up a place for the Nano... although it'd either make the shuffle less attractive (if priced at $149) or it wouldn't make much sense to buy a Nano when a mini at $50 would have significantly more storage.

Honestly, do we really need a 4th type of iPod?!?!?!

The 1.8" drives are used in the standard iPods. So, FYI, Apples already tapping Toshibas supply of drives. ;)

SkudShark

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2004
Meh

rog said:
well obviously now the lanyard is extra. that's too bad.

yea I was hoping that they'd give me SOMETHING to hold my Nano in but my arm band should be here soon. Now for a good CLEAR thin case, and not the nano tubes c.c

Floop

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2003
Warbrain said:
This won't happen. First off, nano wouldn't be used by Apple for a new iPod name. Apple prefers simple words like mini, photo, and shuffle. And if Apple did make this product, it would be a shuffle. Is it possible that all shuffles may get a screen at some point? Yes. Soon? I don't know. But it might happen at some point.

But this won't. This rumor is a steaming pile of crap.
Oops!

Reanimation LP said:
Kevin Rose = Dumbass who doesnt know what hes really talking about.
Doh!

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
weev said:
This is still listed as a Page 2 rumour..... :)
Correct, because this thread is about the rumor of the nano from early in the month, not about the subsequent announcements. There is another thread for that.

Eniregnat

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2003
In your head.
weev said:
This is still listed as a Page 2 rumour..... :)

It will never happen. A flash based iPod with screen. Never, next you will be telling me that Apple is going to use Intel chips and hell is freezing over. It's just a rumor. Until then I am waiting for the things that are beyond conjecture, like the return of the Newton and Apple's release of the Newton based Post-It Note.

By the way, the the Earth is flat.

xyian

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2004
PDX
OMG OMG OMG

I just purchased a 4GB for my girl and that thing is Kick Axe!
I now have her 1GB shuffle and my 40GB but the cute little color
screen is beckoning me. Not to mention it's a great size(both storage
and size wise)!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.