Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
I love these things, looks and application are both awesome. I'm thinking that a 4Gb model is in my near future, replaces the 1Gb Shuffle I was about to order, glad I waited because these are pretty sweet :D

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
I've got a 1st gen 5gig, 4th gen 20gig and a 1gig shuffle.
How can I justify getting another iPod ??

... 'cause my wife's gonna wanna know.

steelfist

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2005
love the design. they have done everything right this time. this is going to be another bestseller. everything better than the previous mini. everything. man i can't wait to get enough money!

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
5300cs said:

Oh that's easy. You just tell her you're a secret agent and that you could tell her but then you'd have to kill her. Let her choose. ;-)

Jaunty

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2004
London, England
iPod Nano

nomad01 said:
Oh that's easy. You just tell her you're a secret agent and that you could tell her but then you'd have to kill her. Let her choose. ;-)
LOL. By the way none in stock London Regent St lunchtime - this afternoon or tomorrow...

greatdevourer

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2005
5300cs said:

Get it for her, then use it when she's not looking :p

I personally dislike the look if this. I think the wheel's too small, and it looks like an overgrown Shuffle

madmaxmedia

macrumors 68030
Dec 17, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I think the wheel's too small

While that is possible, thus far those who have used/reviewed the nano haven't mentioned this to be the case.

I guess we'll see in the next couple of days as it gets in people's hands. My guess is that functionally it will be fine. If the wheel was too narrow, I think they would've made the middle button smaller.

There is also maybe the issue of the circular scroll motion feeling too small, but I don't think that should be a big deal.

surrey

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2003
Jaunty said:
LOL. By the way none in stock London Regent St lunchtime - this afternoon or tomorrow...

I dont want to spoil the party but they got a delivery in tonight.I sent my brother in law down there to get mine.He said it is like a rugby scrum down there.
Anyway he got me my 4gb black nano,He is meeting with work colleagues now for a drink so he had better not lose it.I wont have it until tomorrow though!

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
surrey said:
I dont want to spoil the party but they got a delivery in tonight.I sent my brother in law down there to get mine.He said it is like a rugby scrum down there.

I called the Birmingham store last night after it was announced and the guy said "bloody hell!". He'd been waiting for news but had to serve a customer.

They had no news on stock though so I called Regents Street. No idea there either.

So I ordered from the Apple Store online. It should be in my sweaty palms tomorrow. :)

SO glad they didn't screw up and keep me waiting ages for it!

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
5300cs said:

How about "honey, I just accidently sold my 20GB iPod on eBay". :D

Les Kern

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2002
Alabama
My friend went to the Apple Store in CHicago and got one.
It's simply the best iPod, (then the best MP3 player) EVER. You have to hold it to REALLY appreciate it.
Apple designers are geniuses, plain and simple.

Les Kern

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2002
Alabama
greatdevourer said:
I think the wheel's too small, and it looks like an overgrown Shuffle

It's not too small, and it sure ain't a shuffle. I'm 6'7" and my hands are 10" from wrist to tip, and it's a nice size and tactilly (sp.) perfect.
The features are pretty amazing, and the speed is near instantaneous. Go touch one and you might agree.
I want one bad, but already have 2 Pods. Three and it's a divorce! :)

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
5300cs said:

Laf my wife freaked out on me when I told her they released a new iPod. She knew I was going to want it. It was kinda scary. I've got her somewhat calmed down now, after telling her that I was selling my iPod mini and my GBA so it technically wouldn't cost anything...

She was too smart to actually believe it, but she calmed down now that she knows I'm not taking it out of the bank account. The day after that (yesterday) she emailed me from work and said "Ok, I have to admit, the nano is pretty damn cool". Maybe I'll get her one for Xmas. ;-)

zen.state

macrumors 68020
Mar 13, 2005
Doctor Q said:
That's the best method: Give each new gadget to your wife as a gift and then, ahem, borrow it.

that method is sneaky but effective. :) works on my wife ;)

she has a mini and so do I along with a shuffle. may be a bit hard to convince the need for a 4th in the household. I will just tell her its for photos on the go.

RHutch

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2003
Amsterdam, OH
Warbrain said:
This won't happen. First off, nano wouldn't be used by Apple for a new iPod name. Apple prefers simple words like mini, photo, and shuffle.

And if Apple did make this product, it would be a shuffle. Is it possible that all shuffles may get a screen at some point? Yes. Soon? I don't know. But it might happen at some point.

But this won't. This rumor is a steaming pile of crap.

Nice call there. This is why people shouldn't be posting what Apple will or will not do--you look silly. There's a difference between what you think will happen and what will really happen.

Kobushi

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2005
Right behind you.
I just got to play with one at the Apple Store; it was pretty cool. I'm in the same boat, though: with a 2nd generation 10G and a 1G shuffle, I can't justify the purchase. Even my wife has a better iPod than I do, now :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.