Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

one3

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2004
Vancouver-ish
corywoolf said:
ergonomics are all wrong, not a chance.

amount of time spent by Apple industrial design to design iPod mini: many months

amount of time spent by me doing the little 'for fun' mockup: 10 minutes while gulping down some Mr. Christie's cookies

.... may explain why there was no indepth thought given to ergonomic performance of the device. :rolleyes:

....... but all in good fun :) :) :)

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2005
one3 said:
one more quick mockup ... this one can hang from lanyard around the neck like the shuffle

nano2.jpg

Sorry but thats ugly...i mean U, G, L, Y = UGLY
kthnx...

talksalot81

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2005
Actually that design is almost identical in looks to the nokia 6630 (i think that is the model)

Adam

tcn33

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2005
Apple.ca shipping times

The Canadian Apple store is listing some odd shipping times for iPods - the shuffles are listing 2-4 business days, the 20GB and the U2 are listing 3-5 business days, and the minis and 60GB are listing 5-7 business days.

Surely these can't be the normal shipping times... can they?

Attachments

• castore.JPG
    castore.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 220

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Southernlad said:
Everyone has gone off scent with this nano garbage....Steve Jobs is an intelligent fellow and has been gathering media partners to launch IpodV for some time.
I love newbies. LOL.

pdm72

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2005
This totally sucks. I've come to the realization that I'm about to fill up my 4 gig mini that I've had for less than a year, and was just beginning to convince myself that it wouldn't be totally silly to also buy a regular ipod. Now they have to go and come up with another 4 gig version (in black, no less) that looks so cool that I desperately want it even though I cannot justify its purchase no matter how hard I try, since I can't possibly justify owning 2 4 gig ipods and a 20 or 60 gig version. Damn.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
pdm72 said:
This totally sucks. I've come to the realization that I'm about to fill up my 4 gig mini that I've had for less than a year, and was just beginning to convince myself that it wouldn't be totally silly to also buy a regular ipod. Now they have to go and come up with another 4 gig version (in black, no less) that looks so cool that I desperately want it even though I cannot justify its purchase no matter how hard I try, since I can't possibly justify owning 2 4 gig ipods and a 20 or 60 gig version. Damn.

That would be the RDF...It has a strong influence on the weak minded....

These aren't the droids you're looking for...

:D

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
one3 said:
amount of time spent by me doing the little 'for fun' mockup: 10 minutes while gulping down some Mr. Christie's cookies
I like it--and I don't see the need for flames from those who don't.

However, I like the real one better :)

Lacero said:
Guess was wrong, apparently. :p
Apple outdid even the rumors--that thing is REALLY small!

I'm not shocked to see that the Mini and Nano will not co-exist. I'm surprised that they chose to use a new name, but I can see the marketing value in it.

I want one of each color. In 8 GB, please. With TV out added.

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
Lord Blackadder said:

Hahaha, Are these the droids your looking for? They are up for sale if you want them... :p

http://students.ou.edu/B/Jesse.W.Butler-1/c3po adn r2d2.jpeg

Seriously though I like the Nano a lot but if I bought it, it would be kind of silly because I can get a 20gb iPod for just a little more. Apple's wonderful design and style is pushing me to buy something that I shouldn't...must...keep...hand...away...from...wallet!!

*falls to ground into a struggle lasting 15 minutes*

You may go about your buisness....move along....:)

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2004
one3 said:
amount of time spent by Apple industrial design to design iPod mini: many months

.... may explain why there was no indepth thought given to ergonomic performance of the device. :rolleyes:

....... but all in good fun :) :) :)

never the less, nice clean design

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2004
pdm72 said:

The iPod Mini is still one of the nicest designs they've come up with. I would be happy with a mini, although I have a 40 GB Photo which really isn't much diff. from the current iPod.

reberto

macrumors 65816
Jul 20, 2005
Sorry, I made a typo, I got a 4 gig black, not a 6 (Apple, MAKE A 6 GIG ONE NOW!)

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
i love it!!

getting a 2gb black to take over for my Shuffle 1gb

Black now that was a good idea!!

iPod line up is change so much!!

Lopez.T.H.

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2005
Is there a way I could corrupt my iPod Shuffle... This thing looks amazing.... Shuffle still under warranty......

Lopez.T.H.

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2005
oh......... they wont give you cash back? Because I would throw in that extra $45 for the nano.

Agent Smith

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2004
Toronto, ON
Lord Blackadder said:

These aren't the droids we're looking for... :D

Seriously though, I sooooo want one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.