Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steve_hill4

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2005
NG9, England
Yvan256 said:
Our local Future Shop has plenty of 4GB iPod nanos (at least they had, 4 days ago). Maybe I can help your friend?

P.S.: email me directly if your friend is interested, and be sure to have a PayPal account to transfer the money. I'm only asking for the price of the nano + taxes + shipping. I'll take care of packaging (plenty of bubble wrap left from my other eBay purchases).
Ha ha, thanks for the offer, but I meant in general terms. As someone currently working in retail, I know that in the UK there is a shortage of 4GB nanos. We have had very few to sell recently, (for every 4Gb we have had, we have had at least 10 2GB nanos), and I know there are lots that are trying to get hold of them.

I appreciate your help, but it isn't needed for me. I also think those who are willing to pay $500, (or about £250-300), are easily persuadable to the 30GB anyway, (but then again, I am an honest, (and bloody good), salesman, and I know it's always easy to sell up at Christmas, even when they are likely to return them hoping for an exchange after the holidays). Once I explain the advantages and also that all their friends will have "inferior" nanos, it's a breeze. I always make sure that they aren't going to be using it for exercise a lot first though, don't want lots of failed hard drives coming back to us.

Super Dave

macrumors 6502
d_and_n5000 said:
Say it with me now-New Shuffles next Tuesday! Black & White, more capacity, etc. Which also means-more capacity for Nanos!!!! Who's with me?

I hope so. Everyone thinks they can't up the shuffle memory for fear of eating nano sales, but few people have suggested what you're suggesting. That they up both. I hope so. 2GB is kinda worthless for a 200+player for me anyway.

David :cool:

Super Dave

macrumors 6502
Lacero said:
Apple should have stuck to the mini design for the nano. Upgrade the mini to flash memory and a color screen. Fill up the spaced saved for a larger battery that would give us 40+ hours or more. That would have been nicer than the scratch-prone nano and their breaking screens.

Here's to the Crazy Ones

But would it have sold as many? "Long lasting battery" is not a tagline that moves units like "impossibly small." For me, and for you Lacero sure, but for the masses…

David :cool:

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2004
Lacero said:
They're all out.

Did Apple underestimate the number of shuffles in anticipation of clearing out stock for new shuffles to arrive at MWSF 06? I'd say. Smaller, lighter shuffles to debut in new colors, including black.

Stocks of shuffles and iPod nanos are all constrained. Maybe Apple should not have discontinued the minis so prematurely as some units are fetching $350 or more on eBay.

Don't forget shuffle bookmarking! It is one of the most requested features, don't count on a screen.

WeeShoo

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2005
North Carolina
Wow, I lucked out.... Ordered my Dad's 1GB Personalized shuffle on the 4th of Dec. Im overjoyed, since it was the only thing I could think of to get him. Glad I didnt wait. :cool:

hyperpasta

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2005
New Jersey
Idea

A 2GB shuffle won't happen, since it will cut nano sales. We'll see a 1GB shuffle for $99 or maybe even <gasp> $69! It'll be smaller, and come in white, black, green, and orange. The slider on the back will have a "Podcasts" option.

job

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2002
in transit
It's funny...my old 3G iPod just died, so I might be looking for a Shuffle.

Anyone know what the rumored features might be?

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
hyperpasta said:
A 2GB shuffle won't happen, since it will cut nano sales.
Unless of course the 2 GB nano is retired as well... Or they introduce the iPod pico to replace them both....
;)

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Sigmatel and Creative are kind of joined at the hip, which can't be a very comfortable situation for Apple given the recent patent squabbling. Apple could be switching to new innards to put some more distance in there.

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
There are plenty of iPods, nanos and shuffles in Toronto...

What shortage?!!!

Yvan256 said:
Our local Future Shop has plenty of 4GB iPod nanos (at least they had, 4 days ago). Maybe I can help your friend?

P.S.: email me directly if your friend is interested, and be sure to have a PayPal account to transfer the money. I'm only asking for the price of the nano + taxes + shipping. I'll take care of packaging (plenty of bubble wrap left from my other eBay purchases).

mproud

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2003
Check in with your Apple Retail Stores. Depending on how lucky you are, you just might be able to score one.

kjwebb

macrumors regular
May 19, 2003
Australia
Shows how different the sales are for Shuffle's here in Australia compared to the US.

The Apple store has shipping in 24 hours for both Shuffles. Also the department store where I work has quite a few of 512MB and 1GB Shuffles.

On the other hand, Nano's are a bit too popular. Getting them is like trying to find something rare at the moment.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
mproud said:
Check in with your Apple Retail Stores. Depending on how lucky you are, you just might be able to score one.
They had both Shuffles at my local retail store on Thursday. No 4G nanos to be found though...

B

paddy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2005
TN
as far as I know you cant engrave an iPod shuffle, at least not on Apples Irish store:confused:

steve_hill4

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2005
NG9, England
paddy said:
as far as I know you cant engrave an iPod shuffle, at least not on Apples Irish store:confused:
I did hear about an engraving option, but it doesn't seem to be available at the moment. Not sure which countries it was restricted to though.

Seasought

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2005
Keynotes

How quickly do Steve's keynote make it onto the web for everyone to download and watch? I'm just curious as to whether I should expect it on the same day as the expo or be ready to wait a week or so after the event.

Just curious.

hyperpasta

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2005
New Jersey
Seasought said:
How quickly do Steve's keynote make it onto the web for everyone to download and watch? I'm just curious as to whether I should expect it on the same day as the expo or be ready to wait a week or so after the event.

Just curious.

Same Day. Around 7:00 PM Eastern.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.