Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipadfanatic

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2010
Not sure who mentioned the Switcheasy cases first but thank you. I ordered two color cases on Monday night, they shipped from San Francisco on Tuesday and I received them in Maryland today.

Fit is nice and the screen guard looks and feels great.

Bacong

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2009
Westland, Michigan
Not sure who mentioned the Switcheasy cases first but thank you. I ordered two color cases on Monday night, they shipped from San Francisco on Tuesday and I received them in Maryland today.

Fit is nice and the screen guard looks and feels great.

not to give myself credit...but I did :p and yes, agreed! Love the case, and the screen protector is nice!

Panamera

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2010
I just bought this case made by Init; it's cheap and works great. It costs about $25 (bought in-store at Best Buy) and came with 2 cases, the white one in the pic and a black one; both cases are soft. (I'll post more pics if requested)

Snapshot_20101022.jpg

wolfboy

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2010
Ok bought the Skullcandy Slider and the buttons are extremely hard to get to. You really have to dig deep to get in there. Part of it is because there's no tapering on the case around the buttons. It actually tapers the wrong way, blocking the buttons instead of the revealing it! When you pull out you earphone plugs, the bottom piece also comes out a little bit. I really want to keep this cause it's so badass looking, but those 2 things are deal breakers. It's going back tomorrow.

crw3104.jpg

crw3105.jpg

crw3107.jpg

Firestar

macrumors 68020
Sep 30, 2010
221B Baker Street.
Ok bought the Skullcandy Slider and the buttons are extremely hard to get to. You really have to dig deep to get in there. Part of it is because there's no tapering on the case around the buttons. It actually tapers the wrong way, blocking the buttons instead of the revealing it! When you pull out you earphone plugs, the bottom piece also comes out a little bit. I really want to keep this cause it's so badass looking, but those 2 things are deal breakers. It's going back tomorrow.

crw3104.jpg

crw3105.jpg

crw3107.jpg
Oh... It doesn't have.... playthrough, I think.... buttons.
hello everyone..i have bought a new ipod touch and i want a case to cover it and to provide protection from scratches.please can anyone suggest me.
It would matter on how much you would like to spend on your case?

iTouch.lover22

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2009
Hey guys, I just noticed that there's a pixelskin HD for the iPod 4th gen. I saw that the original Pixelskin was out for a while, but not the HD version. Has this been out for a while or was it just released?

torn

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2010
IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

've just received the Belkin Grip Vue Tint. It's greater than expected! The back now looks like aluminum on MacBook.

hkim1983

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2009
Hi everyone, I just recently purchased an Ipod Touch 4G to replace my aging 1G, and have decided to buy a case to help protect my investment (to resell at a later time) this time to avoid the massive damage my 1G went through (long story...it's not pretty anymore, but hey, it does work).

My requirements are as follows:

-It MUST protect the glass on the front if it were to fall face-down onto a hard surface. Now, I'm not expecting miracles here, but it has to offer some protection for this (if you're wondering, this is what happened to my 1G...).

-It must protect the back from scratches and whatnot, but I assume most cases do this by default...

-It must not compromise any ports/buttons at all.

-It must not be too bulky.

-This isn't a major thing, but I'd like to be able to open it up without too much of a hassle if the need arises.

-I'm looking to spend between $20-25 at most.

Right now, I've narrowed it down to the Griffen Reveal, Switcheasy Colors, and the iFrogz Luxe due to their overall positive reputations. Does anyone have any thoughts on the above 3? Does anyone have any other recommendations that I missed? Thanks.

Firestar

macrumors 68020
Sep 30, 2010
221B Baker Street.
Hi everyone, I just recently purchased an Ipod Touch 4G to replace my aging 1G, and have decided to buy a case to help protect my investment (to resell at a later time) this time to avoid the massive damage my 1G went through (long story...it's not pretty anymore, but hey, it does work).

My requirements are as follows:

-It MUST protect the glass on the front if it were to fall face-down onto a hard surface. Now, I'm not expecting miracles here, but it has to offer some protection for this (if you're wondering, this is what happened to my 1G...).

-It must protect the back from scratches and whatnot, but I assume most cases do this by default...

-It must not compromise any ports/buttons at all.

-It must not be too bulky.

-This isn't a major thing, but I'd like to be able to open it up without too much of a hassle if the need arises.

-I'm looking to spend between $20-25 at most.

Right now, I've narrowed it down to the Griffen Reveal, Switcheasy Colors, and the iFrogz Luxe due to their overall positive reputations. Does anyone have any thoughts on the above 3? Does anyone have any other recommendations that I missed? Thanks.
Griffin Reveal seems nice, plus very customizable. Switcheasy Colors, i love Switcheasy, but the silicone, I just don't like silicone. The Luxe is probably the same protection as the Griffin.

Out of the three, I would suggest the Griffin.

I am waiting for something else from Switcheasy, maybe a TRIM or Rebel.

hkim1983

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2009
Griffin Reveal seems nice, plus very customizable. Switcheasy Colors, i love Switcheasy, but the silicone, I just don't like silicone. The Luxe is probably the same protection as the Griffin.

Out of the three, I would suggest the Griffin.

I am waiting for something else from Switcheasy, maybe a TRIM or Rebel.

Thanks for the input! I looked at the Iphone 4 TRIM, and I have to admit, it sounds pretty awesome. It's just a shame that I can't wait for them to release something similar for the Touch, but the Reveal seems fairly close to it.

I bought and really like the Griffin Formfit. (http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/formfit-touch4g#)

P.S. It sounds like a good case for you hkim1983!

Hm, I had actually not seen this before. Does this case offer protection to the glass if it were dropped face-down? I'll keep it in mind, thanks.

Panther71

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Cham-Bana, IL
If you want to protect the glass, I suggest you check out a leather case that has an aluminum lining, like the one from Proporta. I am confident this case will protect the glass as good as any case will. The only problem is that this case is more than the $25 max limit.

person135

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2010
I need a case too :(

I'm looking for a case that can protect from drops/falls and shocks. Screen cover is not necessary, because if the case doesn't come with one I can always buy a separate screen protector.

right now I'm looking at stuff like this case listed on amazon

but I don't feel safe with just some random generic case, so does anyone have any recommendations? I've heard otterbox offers good cases with drop/shock protection, but there are none for the itouch 4g right now.

For price, as low as possible, but I would be willing to shell out 30 for a good case (like otterbox!)

oh and did I mention that drop/shock protection is important? :D

any recommendations are good

thx guys

Firestar

macrumors 68020
Sep 30, 2010
221B Baker Street.
I need a case too :(

I'm looking for a case that can protect from drops/falls and shocks. Screen cover is not necessary, because if the case doesn't come with one I can always buy a separate screen protector.

right now I'm looking at stuff like this case listed on amazon

but I don't feel safe with just some random generic case, so does anyone have any recommendations? I've heard otterbox offers good cases with drop/shock protection, but there are none for the itouch 4g right now.

For price, as low as possible, but I would be willing to shell out 30 for a good case (like otterbox!)

oh and did I mention that drop/shock protection is important? :D

any recommendations are good

thx guys
Switcheasy. Not much out yet though. Sad face. :(

Firestar

macrumors 68020
Sep 30, 2010
221B Baker Street.
The switcheasy color looks good, and it's cheap, but this griffin one also looks good and this Speck pixelskin too, but the griffin one seems to be shock/drop proof (at least more so than the other 2).
Well, they're all silicone (not sure about the Griffin Flex Grip), but the Griffin seems to be more thick. It probably would have more protection than the others, but Switcheasy has the Jellybean Home Button, and tons of accessories.

For me, it would go:

1. Colors
  2. FlexGrip
  3. PixelSkin

person135

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2010
well the thing is to me, the only really useful thing other than the actual case itself in the Colors case is the screen protector. I could always buy a separate screen protector right?

too bad no one has a review of the FlexGrip.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.