Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Firestar

macrumors 68020
Sep 30, 2010
221B Baker Street.

Firestar

macrumors 68020
Sep 30, 2010
221B Baker Street.

person135

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2010
lol you know why, basically i want the flexigrip case but it doesn't come with the extras that switcheasy does and it seems looser than the switcheasy Colors case, and it's more expensive too

Firestar

macrumors 68020
Sep 30, 2010
221B Baker Street.
lol you know why, basically i want the flexigrip case but it doesn't come with the extras that switcheasy does and it seems looser than the switcheasy Colors case, and it's more expensive too
Yah. Switcheasy also is supposed to have great customer service, and in my experience, they do. I have only emailed them questions on the release of the iPT cases. They're very nice, at least in the three emails I have sent them. I really like the Jellybean button, I wish they would include on some of their other cases, not just the Colors.

I am currently hoping for a TRIM or a Cara.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

've just received the Belkin Grip Vue Tint. It's greater than expected! The back now looks like aluminum on MacBook.

The clear one looks really cool. I have the black. I like the smokey look, but I definitely like being able to see the logo and stuff on the back. I think the Grip Vue Tint is absolutely perfect. I have zero desire to ever case shop again for this iPod.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
That actually looks really good! Did you end up returning your other case to BB?

I eventually did end up returning the blue Grip Vue to Best Buy. I was happy to get my $21 or so back. I'm still loving the Grip Vue Tint. When I look back at my pictures of the aqua blue Grip Vue in this thread the more hideous it looks to me. I'm glad I ordered the black Tint version. Love the feel of it too.

broth

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2010
I have been looking at a folio type of case for my new iTouch 4 and found this at PDair.

http://www.pdair.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=10300000_2000000_11001041&products_id=31311

I see from the photo that there are a plastic grip that grabs the itouch from the side as you slide it in. I think I like the concept as it looks like it doesn't come near the keyboard like some of the other types that cover the entire edges of the itouch.

Question - has anyone had one of these in the past? How solid if the case on the device? Is it likely to mar the edges?

Thanks

corry20

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2006
I love the Switch Easy color case.It's smooth soft and give great production for the ipod touch 4g.

melpote

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2010
GA
I also bought the grip vue in aqua. I like the way it feels, but I can't put the itouch in a dock without taking the bloody cover off. So today I got another case from belkin-the "shield micra". It doesn't do a lot to protect, but I got another pouch type thingy from "golla" (from target) and it fits in that perfectly. I stuff my itouch in my bra (lol) while I'm working, and the golla pouch helps it to be free of any sweat. :D

I'm really digging Skiltrip's vue tint case. I will have to track one of those down.

tablo13

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
case is really required for iPhone.

More necessary for iPod touch, with its polished steel back. Scratches way more easily than iPhone, you should compare the scratches of iPod touch's back and iPhone 4's back in Apple Store or something. It's weird how Apple makes aluminum backs for MacBooks and iPads, but have fragile materials like polished stainless steel/chrome and glass for iPod touch and iPhone.

wolfboy

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2010
I've been using the Riot Outfitters Slider Case for a couple weeks now and overall I'm pretty happy with it

Impressions
+ will not bubble with screen protectors (the protector must be centered though and not touching the sides)
+ $20, costs less than Incase Slider but looks identical
+ thin lip on the front
+ covers all sides
+ very snug, tight fit
+ bottom piece doesn't come loose when you yank out the headphones
+ sleep button easy to access
- volume buttons hard to press
- no railguards on inside
- (biggest annoyance) must take off bottom piece to charge iPod

Attachments

• CRW_3109.jpg
    CRW_3109.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 165
  • CRW_3111.jpg
    CRW_3111.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 177
  • CRW_3113.jpg
    CRW_3113.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 174

Firestar

macrumors 68020
Sep 30, 2010
221B Baker Street.
I've been using the Riot Outfitters Slider Case for a couple weeks now and overall I'm pretty happy with it

Impressions
+ will not bubble with screen protectors (the protector must be centered though and not touching the sides)
+ $20, costs less than Incase Slider but looks identical
+ thin lip on the front
+ covers all sides
+ very snug, tight fit
+ bottom piece doesn't come loose when you yank out the headphones
+ sleep button easy to access
- volume buttons hard to press
- no railguards on inside
- (biggest annoyance) must take off bottom piece to charge iPod
The lack of playthrough buttons upsets me, but overall, looks pretty nice.

robertsu

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2010
I just bought new ipod touch and looking for some cool and nice case. here i like new Belkin transference case. really cool looking and nice one. is it possible to get from ebay or any other source.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Review is right here.

Attachments

• DSC_1111.jpg
    DSC_1111.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 191
  • Incipio ixcotexture iPod Touch 4G Case.jpg
    Incipio ixcotexture iPod Touch 4G Case.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 156

geomak

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2010
I just bought new itouch 4g and it is very nice and awesome ipad. Great for music and gaming. I bought Belkin cover for that but still looking for some thing different and attractive or leather cover. Here is some of very nice sites for attractive cover and I thinking to buy this soon.

PaperQueen

macrumors 6502
Incipio Dermashot

Has anyone else had trouble with their Incipio Dermashot being loose? I have to really scootch the power nub around to get it to align well enough to actually toggle the button underneath. Kept thinking I’d find a suitable substitute, but so far, nothing that totally hits the mark.

I’m tempted to contact Incipio about the loose fit to see what they say, but wondered if anyone else here had already, curious to know what the response was.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.