Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brammy

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2008
There is always hope, but I have a weird feeling it may be Monday. That is a week before release, which is the same lead time the iOS GM has.

Reactions: The Weatherman

videotape74

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2016
Creating a USB installer now then doing a clean install! Been a long while since I did one.

csicilia

macrumors member
Jan 20, 2016
I am following this thread and I neither have it as an update, I have read in another thread that this is not via update and have a full installer to be downloaded from macappstore://itunes.apple.com/us/app/macos-10-13-seed-1/id1209167288?ls=1&mt=12

Currently I am downloading it and I will try it first in a Parallels VM.

csicilia

macrumors member
Jan 20, 2016
I going over it as well. Have about 30 minutes left. Wonder if the final GM will be a full install.
I have quite the same machine as my backup computer, upgraded like yours with 16GB and SSD. I have installed beta 9 on that and I have the feeling that it is quite faster than Sierra, what's your feeling? Would make sense because the SSD…

nekton1

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2010
Asia
It's the GM candidate BUT there are still some fixes being rolled in for some quite serious issues (cough-In Design-cough) so expect the GM release to devs next Thursday to be two or three build numbers higher and then the public release on Monday 25 September.

I have quite the same machine as my backup computer, upgraded like yours with 16GB and SSD. I have installed beta 9 on that and I have the feeling that it is quite faster than Sierra, what's your feeling? Would make sense because the SSD…

LarryJoe33

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2017
Boston
It's running really well on High Sierra. It does seem faster than Sierra. It great how a few $$'s investment breathes new life into these older machines.

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
It's the GM candidate BUT there are still some fixes being rolled in for some quite serious issues (cough-In Design-cough) so expect the GM release to devs next Thursday to be two or three build numbers higher and then the public release on Monday 25 September.

Is the download file labeled as GM or Beta? Does the app store list the file size at 4.90GB?

And, I'm assuming no later FW for the cMP 5,1?

Lou

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.