Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M.Shaf213

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
I've looked all over the place but i'm out of luck. Is there anywhere that has a 44 mm Apple Watch with the milanese loop. everywhere i've looked it's out of stock. How long will it take for these watches to restock??!

Last edited:

Pntblnk

macrumors member
May 10, 2018
Nashville TN
iStockNow.com is your friend but appears to be very little SS stock in the us other that the Hermès models and even those are sporadic. What specific model are you looking for?

M.Shaf213

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
iStockNow.com is your friend but appears to be very little SS stock in the us other that the Hermès models and even those are sporadic. What specific model are you looking for?
The 44 mm silver stainless steel with Milanese loop
[doublepost=1541393042][/doublepost]
I haven’t been able to find any anywhere.
It’s been almost, 2 moths since the Watch was released, and they haven’t stocked up. It’s ridiculous.. I had a preorder for a Milanese loop since September, and it still hasn’t shipped..

Reactions: Hopes

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Yeah, looks as if 44 mm Milanese gold is in short supply. In store delivery in 30 days (Dec 4), shipped November 27-December 4. The option I used with my order (44 mm Stainless Steel Sport) doesn't even seem to be available so supplies must to be getting tighter. Must be very high demand as we move toward Christmas.

Hopes

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2018
It’s been almost, 2 moths since the Watch was released, and they haven’t stocked up. It’s ridiculous.. I had a preorder for a Milanese loop since September, and it still hasn’t shipped..
My husband and I finally decided to get Apple watches and now the ones we want, both stainless steel are showing that they won’t even be in stores until Dec 4. Which is just nuts and super disappointing. I’ve never had a problem getting Apple products before especially 2 months after launch.
[doublepost=1541405157][/doublepost]
Yeah, looks as if 44 mm Milanese gold is in short supply. In store delivery in 30 days (Dec 4), shipped November 27-December 4. The option I used with my order (44 mm Stainless Steel Sport) doesn't even seem to be available so supplies must to be getting tighter. Must be very high demand as we move toward Christmas.
I’m thinking the short supply is the watch itself as well as the band. We tried just getting the stainless steel with the sports band figuring we could always get other bands later but as you said everything stainless steel is out until Dec 4th. It’s a huge bummer and really takes the fun out of purchasing.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

There was a similar thread started yesterday as to yours, and it was rumored Apple is adding a second watch supplier to help with the demand. Obviously Apple underestimated the stainless quantities this year, hopefully they revamp the stainless quantities before the holidays arrive, because it’s only going to continue to rise in demand with Black Friday being here shortly.

As someone else alluded to, keep watch for iStocknow, that’s likely your best method to find what you’re looking for.

PaladinGuy

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2014
I tried to find one in stores for a few weeks and finally gave up. Ordered online from Apple. It took three weeks to get it, but I just don’t think you’re going to find one in a store. You might luck out, if you’re in a very large city. They seem to occasionally get some stock, but the smaller cities almost never have them.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
I pre-ordered my SS Silver on pre-order day, but my friend managed to snag me one in-store the day after launch, so I cancelled. Didn't realise they'd be so rare, perhaps I should eBay mine :cool:

M.Shaf213

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
I pre-ordered my SS Silver on pre-order day, but my friend managed to snag me one in-store the day after launch, so I cancelled. Didn't realise they'd be so rare, perhaps I should eBay mine :cool:
So did I, it still hasn’t shipped..

M.Shaf213

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
There was a similar thread started yesterday as to yours, and it was rumored Apple is adding a second watch supplier to help with the demand. Obviously Apple underestimated the stainless quantities this year, hopefully they revamp the stainless quantities before the holidays arrive, because it’s only going to continue to rise in demand with Black Friday being here shortly.

As someone else alluded to, keep watch for iStocknow, that’s likely your best method to find what you’re looking for.
Let's hope they do, it's getting absolutley ridiculous

bigchief

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2009
I watched this website https://www.istocknow.com/live/#device.0=watch&brands=1&lowzoom=0&position=34.7673222, -92.458909&zoom=5 for a couple of weeks.

You need to start watching the website around 8:00 am and check every hour or two through out the day.

I was at a restaurant around 8:00pm on a Friday night waiting on my order and playing with my iPhone X and a S4 ss 44mm was showing in stock at the Apple store an hours drive from my home. I went to the Apple website and bought it. I picked it up the next day.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Let's hope they do, it's getting absolutley ridiculous

You have to enable notifications on iStockNow. Stainless steel watches are always notoriously hard to obtain the first 3-4 months of a new watch iteration, more so with specific bands in mind.

If you don't enable notifications, then you'll have to watching the website (refreshing) like a hawk every morning and afternoon. Usually UPS delivers to Apple Stores at noon timeframes.

Pseudo-Fed

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2017
You have to enable notifications on iStockNow. Stainless steel watches are always notoriously hard to obtain the first 3-4 months of a new watch iteration, more so with specific bands in mind.

If you don't enable notifications, then you'll have to watching the website (refreshing) like a hawk every morning and afternoon. Usually UPS delivers to Apple Stores at noon timeframes.

And per two different stores in the Large Dallas Fort Worth area, TUESDAYS are the largest shipment days. I snagged my S4SS on a Tuesday by going into the store a little after they opened at 10:00. Never did show on apple.com or on iStocknow.com, but the store had them. Then I used iStocknow to watch for a S4SBSS, which it did alert me to, and the next TUESDAY I got my 2nd. Good luck.

M.Shaf213

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
And per two different stores in the Large Dallas Fort Worth area, TUESDAYS are the largest shipment days. I snagged my S4SS on a Tuesday by going into the store a little after they opened at 10:00. Never did show on apple.com or on iStocknow.com, but the store had them. Then I used iStocknow to watch for a S4SBSS, which it did alert me to, and the next TUESDAY I got my 2nd. Good luck.
Well, I live in California so let's see what happens..I just hope apple stocks up on these watches. I ordered my watch on the day of preorder and it still hasn't shipped. Ridiculous isn't it?!

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
Well, I live in California so let's see what happens..I just hope apple stocks up on these watches. I ordered my watch on the day of preorder and it still hasn't shipped. Ridiculous isn't it?!
I got mine (S4, Stainless Black) in Rancho Cucamonga Apple Store (Victoria Gardens Apple). I used iStockNow to keep tabs on inventory. Bought online and went for same day pickup.

Hopes

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2018
That is a LONG wait if you ordered during preorders!!!
[doublepost=1541457036][/doublepost]
I got mine (S4, Stainless Black) in Rancho Cucamonga Apple Store (Victoria Gardens Apple). I used iStockNow to keep tabs on inventory. Bought online and went for same day pickup.
I’ve been signed up at istocknow including notifications and haven’t seen a single stainless steel come available. It’s crazy

douglasf13

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2010
I looked at istocknow today at around noon PST, and it showed the 40mm SS w/white band available here in downtown Portland, so I went and snatched it up. :) I'd been checking in on that store for about a week.

Hopes

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2018
I looked at istocknow today at around noon PST, and it showed the 40mm SS w/white band available here in downtown Portland, so I went and snatched it up. :) I'd been checking in on that store for about a week.
Congratulations!!! I’be seen a few 40’s pop up at the Seattle store as well. But I’m looking for the 44. So basically I’m trying to find a unicorn! LOL!

Reactions: douglasf13

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
Congratulations!!! I’be seen a few 40’s pop up at the Seattle store as well. But I’m looking for the 44. So basically I’m trying to find a unicorn! LOL!

Just be patient. Back in week 42-41 (that is Week of Oct 15-24) several stores received large shipments of Stainless 44s in all colors.

Knowing that we have a shopping season looming, I think Apple will very likely have at least two more shipments to stores. So my advice still stands, watch iStockNow like a hawk.

Hopes

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2018
Just be patient. Back in week 42-41 (that is Week of Oct 15-24) several stores received large shipments of Stainless 44s in all colors.

Knowing that we have a shopping season looming, I think Apple will very likely have at least two more shipments to stores. So my advice still stands, watch iStockNow like a hawk.
That’s the plan. I’ve been checking 4-5 times a day but can’t check any more than that. Three kids keeps me pretty busy! I just worry that there will be even more online orders during this upcoming crazy shopping weekend pushing out deliveries and shipping dates. Of course you would think they would stock it in preparation for the holidays but I also thought they would have stocked better for the launch. LOL

Lsmachado

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2018
Texas

I was just browsing online and saw that a Best Buy in my area has the S4 SS Gold Milanese Loop in stock today. Don’t know if you’re still interested, but if you are, maybe you can give them a call and see if they will ship to you. Their number is 210-945-2452. Can’t hurt to try! It says only a few left.

This is the Best Buy in Selma, Texas.

Cowboy1629

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Indiana
That’s the plan. I’ve been checking 4-5 times a day but can’t check any more than that. Three kids keeps me pretty busy! I just worry that there will be even more online orders during this upcoming crazy shopping weekend pushing out deliveries and shipping dates. Of course you would think they would stock it in preparation for the holidays but I also thought they would have stocked better for the launch. LOL

Have you setup alerts? It will still show on the map faster than the alert but if you aren’t looking at the map this would be the next best thing. Store will also show in stock item before istocknow can update by several minutes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.