Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

levels

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2008
As somebody else mentioned, just place your order through apple.com and it will almost always come in sooner than their "estimated" shipping time.

I ordered a 44mm SBSS cellular w black sports band on Nov. 4th, and it was delivered today, Nov. 19th. So you are looking at about 2 weeks including weekends. Always recommend people just ordering through apple than continuing to just hope one comes in stock, as they are normally very good about shipping early.

Side note- the watch is amazing, I've been waiting since I got my series 2 to upgrade to cellular and finally did it once they did the revamp. Added screen size & slimmer factor are definitely very noticeable.

Cowboy1629

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Indiana
Wow! Looks like Apple got a big shipment of SBSS watches in just in time for the Black Friday shoppers. Haven’t seen this many stores with inventory since before I ordered mine the middle of October.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Wow! Looks like Apple got a big shipment of SBSS watches in just in time for the Black Friday shoppers. Haven’t seen this many stores with inventory since before I ordered mine the middle of October.

I’m not sure it has anything to do with Black Friday with the shipment of Black stainless, more or less, I think with the holidays approaching, they are ramping production and it was a rumored that Apple was adding a second supplier to increase production with the shortages with the Apple Watch model.

If you think about it, the Apple Watch launched on September 21, over two months ago, it seems they are finally gaining on store inventory.

Tapiture

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2016
Yep, noticing the same thing in my area too.

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
I ordered mine nov 16th with pickup date for dec 10th but received notification it was available yesterday for pickup. So glad I was able to get it 2 weeks earlier.

Otflyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area
I’ve had notifications activated on istocknow for the past month without a single alert. The last two days I have been flooded with alerts. There are plenty in my area now. Picked up my SS S4 this afternoon.

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
I’ve had notifications activated on istocknow for the past month without a single alert. The last two days I have been flooded with alerts. There are plenty in my area now. Picked up my SS S4 this afternoon.

Yea I checked instore pickup for surrounding Apple stores by me and there seems to be plenty of supply now.

bigboy29

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2016
About a week ago I found an open box SS 40mm at local BestBuy and got it. $50 off the price + $30 off with Amex card too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.