Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Weird. A lot of us were looking for one with no luck, and then at the 2-week mark, they started showing up all across the US. I’m surprised to hear that the supply has dried up again.

Hopes

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2018
Have you setup alerts? It will still show on the map faster than the alert but if you aren’t looking at the map this would be the next best thing. Store will also show in stock item before istocknow can update by several minutes.
Yes. Notifications are set up. I check every day to make sure they are still set up! It’s just an elusive unicorn at this point! LOL I’ve also been checking the Apple store and Best Buy daily.

Cowboy1629

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Indiana
I hear you. I ordered the SBSS in the sports band online but still checked stock everyday. Only one major shipment came in since the first part of October that I saw. They arrived across the country on a Friday and were all sold out by Monday at my local Apple store (90 miles away). The rest of the US dwindled down to just 2 or 3 showing since then. And for the last few days no one has them.

Surely there will be another shipment of stainless watches soon.

Reactions: Hopes

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I was stopping by an Apple Store for a cable about two weeks ago. I casually asked if they had any 44mm space black stainless steel in stock, and lo-and-behold they had one in stock, so I got it.

Then I haven't seen any more. This is a problem because the one I got has a defect and I wanted to get an exchange. Fortunately the manager said they have documented my issue and whenever they become in stock again they will exchange it for me.

The defect is my watch bands get jammed when you insert them from one direction (but not the other) from left to right on the top.

douglasf13

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2010
Congratulations!!! I’be seen a few 40’s pop up at the Seattle store as well. But I’m looking for the 44. So basically I’m trying to find a unicorn! LOL!

Thanks. It looks like Apple University Village may have Hermes models in 44, but I don't see any regular steel 44s there.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Weird. A lot of us were looking for one with no luck, and then at the 2-week mark, they started showing up all across the US. I’m surprised to hear that the supply has dried up again.

Apples allocation process is very much skewed, and I’m sure they get certain batches in where they have adequate stock, but is quickly is suppressed by all the demand right now. Especially leading into the holidays here very shortly.

Last edited:

Hopes

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2018
I hear you. I ordered the SBSS in the sports band online but still checked stock everyday. Only one major shipment came in since the first part of October that I saw. They arrived across the country on a Friday and were all sold out by Monday at my local Apple store (90 miles away). The rest of the US dwindled down to just 2 or 3 showing since then. And for the last few days no one has them.

Surely there will be another shipment of stainless watches soon.
Hopefully before the Big Thanksgiving Shopping weekend! I ordered online anyways and it has an estimated pick up date of Nov 29th. which is actually better than last week which had it out to Dec 4th. I will keep looking. But glad to have the order in. I would be worried that any watch in the stores now is somehow a return.
[doublepost=1541641013][/doublepost]
Thanks. It looks like Apple University Village may have Hermes models in 44, but I don't see any regular steel 44s there.
I saw that! I’m looking for the gold SS and am not willing to fork over the money for the Hermès. Online orders are apparently ready for pickup at the UVillage store on Nov 29th. Although I’ve heard they could come earlier.

M.Shaf213

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
I've looked all over the place but i'm out of luck. Is there anywhere that has a 44 mm Apple Watch with the milanese loop. everywhere i've looked it's out of stock. How long will it take for these watches to restock??!
UPDATE: My Apple Watch order has finally shipped!

Tapiture

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2016
Trying to get a 44mm stainless with sport band. Yeah, these things are rare. Are they in stock anywhere?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Trying to get a 44mm stainless with sport band. Yeah, these things are rare. Are they in stock anywhere?

Depends what you mean by ‘anywhere’. Retailers, Apple stores, etc. But I would use iStocknow, that’s like your best source to find one specifically to your location.

Tapiture

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2016
Depends what you mean by ‘anywhere’. Retailers, Apple stores, etc. But I would use iStocknow, that’s like your best source to find one specifically to your location.
I meant more for online order, not really near an Apple store right now and the Target and Best Buy near me don’t have em.

Hopes

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2018
UPDATE: My Apple Watch order has finally shipped!
Congratulations!!!!
[doublepost=1541983781][/doublepost]
I have been watching istocknow like crazy and haven’t found any come up especially on the west coast. I finally caved and ordered online. But the estimated arrival date is all the way out to Nov 29th for my area when I ordered and now it is out until Dec 4th.

Last edited:

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I got lucky about four weeks ago. I went to the Apple Store to pick up something else, asked casually if they had the Apple Watch in black stainless steel and they had one in stock. Then that was it.

HandsomeDanNZ

macrumors 65816
Jan 29, 2008
Auckland NZ
I've given up on having a SS Series 4 and have pulled the trigger on a silver aluminium...hoping the hardware on my extensive band collection doesn't look too silly as it's all SS...
I'll keep the SS S2 for a while in case I can't cope with Aluminium...

Hopes

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2018
I've given up on having a SS Series 4 and have pulled the trigger on a silver aluminium...hoping the hardware on my extensive band collection doesn't look too silly as it's all SS...
I'll keep the SS S2 for a while in case I can't cope with Aluminium...
Have you tried ordering through the Apple store/website itself? If my email is correct my watch will be in the store for pickup two weeks from when I ordered it. Which I don’t think is too bad at all considering NO stores have them. I also think that maybe having it shipped to an Apple store for pickup may be moving it along faster than having it shipped to my home. But that is just a guess.

HandsomeDanNZ

macrumors 65816
Jan 29, 2008
Auckland NZ
Have you tried ordering through the Apple store/website itself? If my email is correct my watch will be in the store for pickup two weeks from when I ordered it. Which I don’t think is too bad at all considering NO stores have them. I also think that maybe having it shipped to an Apple store for pickup may be moving it along faster than having it shipped to my home. But that is just a guess.
We don't have cellular capable Apple Watches, so to get a SS I'd have to order from overseas, have it shipped locally to an address there and then get someone to forward it to me...plus I'd likely have an issue with customs/import duties etc, so it's become logistically too much trouble. They're also out of stock in most countries, so quite difficult to source anyway.
Am currently wearing my silver AL and don't mind it at all, at this stage...but will take a bit of getting used to after having a shiny AW on my wrist for the last couple of years!

Hopes

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2018
We don't have cellular capable Apple Watches, so to get a SS I'd have to order from overseas, have it shipped locally to an address there and then get someone to forward it to me...plus I'd likely have an issue with customs/import duties etc, so it's become logistically too much trouble. They're also out of stock in most countries, so quite difficult to source anyway.
Am currently wearing my silver AL and don't mind it at all, at this stage...but will take a bit of getting used to after having a shiny AW on my wrist for the last couple of years!
Oh man!!!! Yes that would be a huge hassle! I’m glad you’re happy with your watch!

redman042

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2008
The Series 4 is still in short supply? I’m surprised to hear that. Pleasantly surprised, actually. Sounds like it’s selling well for the holidays. That’s good news, unlike all this negativity about XR sales, which is dragging the stock down.

Though I hope those searching for watches find what they are looking for soon.

Tapiture

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2016
The Series 4 is still in short supply? I’m surprised to hear that. Pleasantly surprised, actually. Sounds like it’s selling well for the holidays. That’s good news, unlike all this negativity about XR sales, which is dragging the stock down.

Though I hope those searching for watches find what they are looking for soon.
Namely the silver SS 44mm, yeah. Don’t know if it’s because of people buying them or just production holdups but they’re very rare.

redman042

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2008
Namely the silver SS 44mm, yeah. Don’t know if it’s because of people buying them or just production holdups but they’re very rare.

I don’t see why Apple would be having production problems this long after launch. Seems like they must be selling well.

Tapiture

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2016
I don’t see why Apple would be having production problems this long after launch. Seems like they must be selling well.
Not sure of their supply chain timeline but I think they're definitely selling more than they anticipated, yes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.