Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brisbaneguy29

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2007
Brisbane
Thank you so much for that fix, worked perfectly for me. I also have the doubled hard drive bars but I don't really care about that, now I can see the processes again.

BUDULS you are a champion!

zepman

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2010
Sweden
Thanks Buduls! It works great now.
I updated the icon to higher resolution. Save the attached icon and replace the old one in Package Contents.
Icon.png

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
I just upgraded to ML, and my iStat Pro seems to be working just fine. I never had to change anything. What wasn't working for you guys?

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
The fix does not work right for me. It shows some processes, but not with their percentage like i was used to it. Now it show off the memory-usage of the processes. Can someone fix it?

Greets
Hans

Did your settings change? Look in the settings under General and make sure Sort processes by is set to CPU usage not Memory usage.

-Kevin

fingerman

macrumors member
May 21, 2011
Stockport, UK
Same issue on mine although I can't find my widget :eek:

Looked under Library and Widgets but just the standard lot are there, what I'm a doing weong?

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
Same issue on mine although I can't find my widget :eek:

Looked under Library and Widgets but just the standard lot are there, what I'm a doing weong?

It's in ~/Library/Widgets

Apple hides the users Library folder.....you can quickly get to it in Finder by holding Option when clicking on the Go menu (with Finder as the active app). You'll see the link for Library.

To permantely (until the next update) unhide the Library folder, enter this in terminal:

chflags nohidden ~/Library/

-Kevin

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
MenuMeters is a fairly nice iStat replacement...and it is free, and works on ML

Some of us prefer to have it hidden away in Dashboard.....not being seen on the menubar.

Other than the double disk usage bars in the Tall format....I think it's back to working fine now with the Processes fix.

-Kevin

gwsat

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2008
Tulsa
Buduls -- Thanks a million, you are a miracle worker! Thanks to the minor changes you recommended be made to the tall.js text file, iStat Pro running under Mountain Lion now shows my Processes. Don't know how you sorted this fix out but my hat's off to you.

Puonti

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2011

Apple hides the users Library folder.....you can quickly get to it in Finder by holding Option when clicking on the Go menu (with Finder as the active app). You'll see the link for Library.

That's not what fingerman was talking about. I had iStat Pro widget installed in my dashboard since who knows when, but when I looked at my /Library/Widgets folder where all the default widgets are, that's all it contained - default widgets. I had no idea where the package for iStat Pro widget was on my HDD. Spotlight couldn't find it. This was fingerman's dilemma, too.

In the end I just removed the iStat Pro widget from the dashboard, then removed it from the list of widgets (click + in dashboard, then click - to make the widgets wiggle, then click x on iStat Pro's icon). I assume this also removed the package file, wherever it was.

I then downloaded iStat Pro again, moved the package file into the /Library/Widgets folder, did the changes suggested in this thread and now have iStat Pro back. With processes.

Thanks a ton for that tip Buduls! (and the nicer icon, zepman)

attila

macrumors 6502a
It's easy to fix iStat Pro processes for Mountain Lion

Steps:

1. Locate your widget, it will be under /Library/Widgets or ~/Library/Widgets
2. Right click it and select: "Show Package Contents"
3. Open Wide.js or Tall.js file in some editor (Wide is for horizontal view, Tall for vertical)

4. Locate the line

Change "PID|$1" to "PID| $1" (Add space before $ sign)

5. Save the changes

6. remove widget and re-add it Dashboard, and it should be fixed

BRILLIANT! :D

I was so worried I had to remove iStat Pro

pavelbure

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2007

Steps:

3. Open Wide.js or Tall.js file in some editor (Wide is for horizontal view, Tall for vertical)

4. Locate the line

5. Save the changes

Thank you

Sapphire08

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2008
England UK

Steps:

4. Locate the line

5. Save the changes

Thank you - you are a superstar

----------

To permantely (until the next update) unhide the Library folder, enter this in terminal:

-Kevin

Awesome - couldn't have found it without this tip - thank you so much

Last edited:

sdsvtdriver

macrumors 65816
Jul 31, 2008
Southern California

Steps:

4. Locate the line

5. Save the changes

you sir, are the man

eagandale4114

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2011

Steps:

4. Locate the line

5. Save the changes

Have a bunch of cookies.
have-a-cookie-for-lunch-day.jpg

fingerman

macrumors member
May 21, 2011
Stockport, UK

-Kevin

Brilliant, thanks a lot - all is working now :D

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
I'm using iStat Pro widget on Mountain Lion GM, and only the "processes" section not working. But it doesn't bother me because I use it only for checking temps. :)

I'm using it too, it still does the essentials, so I'm not looking for a replacement, although the battery health section is mis-reporting my MBA's health, it still monitors fans, heat etc. so worth keeping. It didn't appear on the incompatible list when I installed ML, but quite a few third party Apps did have to go...Onyx, which is a utility I like is still in BETA for ML (2.3.3) so I'll wait until they get it right...It's not an app you want to use in BETA unless you have a dedicated machine to test on...Those days are gone for me now!

HellFira

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2012
HD Temp after sleep

Is anyone else finding that the HD temp is not updating when the Mac wakes up from sleep? Have to close and re-open widget to see the actual temp.

Seems to update fine during the day, just not refresh after sleep.

HellFira

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2012
Is anyone else finding that the HD temp is not updating when the Mac wakes up from sleep? Have to close and re-open widget to see the actual temp.

Seems to update fine during the day, just not refresh after sleep.

It seems to have updated last time I woke from sleep now. So maybe the temp hadn't really changed yet.

Yuke

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2012

Steps:

4. Locate the line

5. Save the changes

Buduls, if you're ever in MA, I owe you a frosty beverage!

Has anyone passed this on to the Bjango folks? I know they've said they have no plans to update the widget, but I can't imagine they'd be opposed to adding a total of four spaces...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.