Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ngenerator

macrumors 68000
May 12, 2009
USG Ishimura
Just loaded it last night on my iPad to tether to my iPhone 4 (commcenter mod) and it works great. The only thing is that YouTube and the abc app downsize the videos, probably because it knows wifi is turned off. I'll try 3G Unrestrictor and see if it works.

It will :)

Doc750

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2010
Can someone help me to get it to work with my laptop. (works fine with BT with IPad)

- Connect phone through USB to Laptop
- Blue internet tethering screen pops right up on the phone.

Now what do I do?

When I click on open network preferences, I see Iphone USB. The status says "connected", but then it says "iphone USB has a self-assigned IP address and will not be able to connect to the Internet."

Need help ...

thanks

joe7770

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2010
Just making sure...

So it seems that if I want to tether my iPad to my iPhone both need to be JB, correct?

Is there anyway to keep the iPad unJB and tether it to my JB iPhone? I have purchased tetherme but it seems like I may have wasted my $1.99. :(

Thank you!

ngenerator

macrumors 68000
May 12, 2009
USG Ishimura
So it seems that if I want to tether my iPad to my iPhone both need to be JB, correct?

Is there anyway to keep the iPad unJB and tether it to my JB iPhone? I have purchased tetherme but it seems like I may have wasted my $1.99. :(

Thank you!

MyWi on your iPhone will work the way you want it to. Only the phone needs to be jbken, not the iPad

efardo

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2010
Are these the correct steps in order to share my iPhone's internet to my iPad WiFi

1) I've jailbroken my iPhone 4.
2) Download iTether from Cydia on my iPhone
3) Download iTether from Cydia on my iPad

4) Play!

Correct, or is it not necessary to download iTether on my iPad?

ngenerator

macrumors 68000
May 12, 2009
USG Ishimura
Are these the correct steps in order to share my iPhone's internet to my iPad WiFi

1) I've jailbroken my iPhone 4.
2) Download iTether from Cydia on my iPhone
3) Download iTether from Cydia on my iPad

4) Play!

Correct, or is it not necessary to download iTether on my iPad?

False.

You need iTether on your iPad. You do not need it on your iPhone. You would either need to manually hack your iPhone to enable tethering or download "TetherMe" in Cydia. Read post 17 again

macswitcha2

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2008
I'm using it on my iPad right now, and it's also tethering via USB to my MacBook Pro. Definitely worth $5.

Ok, this is what I'm looking for. So, I can use iTether on my JB iPhone and tether it to my macbook using USB? You mean any USB drive?

urfankhaliq

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2010
Going to return my 3g and get a wifi only

Well after reading this thread Ive decided im going to return my 3g iPad I bought and get myself a wifi only and tether to my iphone using itether and tetherme!

urfankhaliq

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2010
Well after reading this thread Ive decided im going to return my 3g iPad I bought and get myself a wifi only and tether to my iphone using itether and tetherme!

...And done :)

Returned my iPad 3G and got a iPad wifi instead. JB and itether/tetherme complete and working perfectly!!

Saved myself £100!!

:)

Lhendrick

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2010
New york
does pdanet work from iphone to ipad (i.e. tether a non-jb pad to a jb phone)? on 4.0?

Yes, I did this yesterday and it works great. Easy to use. Highly recommended for an easy WiFi tether from iPhone 4 to iPad, and it will create a hotspot you can use with your laptop, desktop, etc. Also supports USB connection (not for iPad obviously) if WiFi not an option.

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Yes, I did this yesterday and it works great. Easy to use. Highly recommended for an easy WiFi tether from iPhone 4 to iPad, and it will create a hotspot you can use with your laptop, desktop, etc. Also supports USB connection (not for iPad obviously) if WiFi not an option.

For the records PDAnet doesn't create a Hotspot (even when they call it that way), it is just a single ad-hoc connection

Sparky9292

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2004
For the records PDAnet doesn't create a Hotspot (even when they call it that way), it is just a single ad-hoc connection

The newest version of PDANet now supports an access point just like MyWi. I use neither because they both eat up battery compared to iTether and tetherMe.

Sparky9292

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2004
False.

You need iTether on your iPad. You do not need it on your iPhone. You would either need to manually hack your iPhone to enable tethering or download "TetherMe" in Cydia. Read post 17 again

Ahh Thanks for the tip!

iTether on the Ipad and TetherMe on my iPhone. :D I don't feel bad since I'm paying $160 for two iphones to AT&T each month. They are still making tons of money.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.