Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
I dunno, sorta reminds me of an XBOX, with the black and green. Doesn't look too "Apple", IMO.

amac4me

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 26, 2005
Daveway said:
It looks very "un-Apple".

Well, let's not forget that its a Motorola phone, not an iPod. I'm sure Apple would prefer to get their software into a phone as opposed to making sure that it's white. I would suggest that Motorola would have more say into the look considering that they manufacture/design the phone.

Who knows if this is the phone ... we should know in a few days

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
In the MacWorld SF Keynote, Steve showed what the phone would look like. It does sorta look like that, but it has white buttons on the bottom half of the phone. The screen does look similar though.

Not sure if that's the same phone because he said it would be released in the Spring.

ijimk

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2004
Here
I agree looks very unlike apple. All apples products are mostly gray or white... ;)

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
tech4all said:
In the MacWorld SF Keynote, Steve showed what the phone would look like. It does sorta look like that, but it has white buttons on the bottom half of the phone. The screen does look similar though.

Not sure if that's the same phone because he said it would be released in the Spring.

he did? i dont remember that myself, but i do forget things sometimes...

either way it will be interesting to see what happens when the phone is finally released

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001

Appleinsider posts what it claims to be a prototype or official mockup of the Motorola iTunes Phone.

It's unclear if the image is an accurate representation of the iTunes phone as it will be released from Motorola, but reliable sources have been able to confirm the largely-unedited image as originating from Motorola company documents dated June, 2005.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Let me be the first to say: FUGLY.
yucky.gif

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2003
Home
It isnt that bad....i really like the scroll wheel thang. But my guess is that it is fake. I dont see apple releasing a black phone..only time will tell

Capt Underpants

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2003
Austin, Texas
It looks like MS made their xbox team develop a cell phone. This definitely wasn't what I was expecting. I really don't think Apple would go with the green scroll wheel :eek:

edit: oops looks like a few other people have had the same idea :eek:

hob

macrumors 68010
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
Every rumour I've seen so far that I believed has said the phone will be silver.

Also the icon that was leaked from 4.9 didn't look very black to me...

hob

macrumors 68010
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
tech4all said:

PlaceofDis said:
he did? i dont remember that myself, but i do forget things sometimes...

either way it will be interesting to see what happens when the phone is finally released

Not in the keynote I watched... then again, it could've been edited... I'm gonna rewatch now just to make sure :p

[edit]I take it back!

zv470

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2004
Japan
I recon Steve wouldn't want mobile iTunes running on something this ugly, but then again it does look Motorola.

Fake? More than likely =]

Object-X

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2004
Say it aint so

Please, no. It looks like an Xbox phone! Won't be buying one of those.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.