Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xwk88

macrumors regular
May 3, 2005
I think it's a fake from what i've read it's supposed to be ivory white that was mentioned on mac rumors and on some french rumors site so that must be just some fake it does not look so bad.

fox2005

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2004
Lima, Peru
If this is the real deal then you must understand it's a mock up. Not the final version. Mabe minor revisions, colours, etc... We'll see next tuesday... :D

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Capt Underpants said:
Here's a screen cap of the MWSF video for those of you who don't want to watch it.
That's the same style (E398) that has been appearing everywhere (often as white). Moto, however, have indicated that there are at least two models in the works, so there may be plain and fancy variants.

rendezvouscp

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2003
Long Beach, California
It doesn't look like something Apple would want its software in. It's kinda bulky, and what's with what looks like a scroll wheel, and a thumb stick? Is it going to be a chirp too because of the side buttons? What's up with this thing?
-Chase

themacman

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2004
kc
this is not an iphone, this is just simply a phone made by motorola that can do itunes, and thats why it looks unapple it looks very motorola because that is what it is

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
The evil green glow isn't out of the question. It looks a lot like Moto's new E1060.

11140_MotImage.jpg

lewdvig

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2002
South Pole
This pic was debunked a long time ago.

The new Moto is a e398 with some minor changes. It is not high end at all.

SeaFox

macrumors 68030
Jul 22, 2003
Somewhere Else
mxpiazza said:
yeah, looks like an xbox in phone form... odd... and very clunky. i'll be pissed if this is the phone.

Probably just some Motorola marketing droid (who knows nothing about Apple)'s concept design. Bet the phone looks nothing like that.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
lewdvig said:
This pic was debunked a long time ago.
No, not completely. The E1060, for example, has actually been demonstrated running iTunes. They already have multiple models capable of running it, and having a whole line of phones with iTunes enabled would explain having a press event around it a lot better than the one unit.

rendezvouscp

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2003
Long Beach, California
Ok, upon further examination it looks like the thing has a thumb stick, a keypad with a scroll wheel integrated into the keypad (so when you scroll on the green, it'll scroll, but a simple press will activate the button). On the side it's got some controls for the music, as well as a hold switch. It looks like everything is there, so we'll see.
-Chase

mxpiazza

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2003
cleveland, oh
rendezvouscp said:
Ok, upon further examination it looks like the thing has a thumb stick, a keypad with a scroll wheel integrated into the keypad (so when you scroll on the green, it'll scroll, but a simple press will activate the button). On the side it's got some controls for the music, as well as a hold switch. It looks like everything is there, so we'll see.
-Chase

the buttons and layout are grand and all, i'd just like to see a different color scheme, and hopefully much less clunky..

Fourbin

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
motoitunes.jpg

That picture was used in a Motorola presentation in January. It looks like an updated version of the E398 and I'm sure that's what the production phone will be based on.

JDOG_

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2003
Oakland
OMFG I can p1ay Halo on teh iPHONE!!1111

I don't know man. A leak is a leak and there have been an awful lot of them this year from various companies. Having two companies work on something together can cause even more leaks, so I'm not going to make any assumptions until the "media event"

But it is rather XBOX like, not gonna lie.

zv470

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2004
Japan
Object-X said:
Please, no. It looks like an Xbox phone! Won't be buying one of those.

hehe true.

How many people are in the market for a new phone? I am, I've got a 18 month old SonyEricsson T68i that's almost given up its ghost. I'm hoping to hold off a little longer though. Will probably get a Nokia Symbian phone, not a iTunes phone since iTMS isn't in New Zealand yet.

Mehmet

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2003
Stella said:
Apple should have gone with Nokia.

Moto phones all stink.

I always thought that apple was the company to build and develop a great GUI.

Which makes me wonder why they picked motorola for itunes. O my goodness, I will never get a motorola phone again. The GUI is so crappy that it would just be better for you to get pen-and-paper to hold phone numbers.

ColoJohnBoy

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2003
Denver, Colorado
It looks like my sister's phone from T-Mobile, a Moto C650. I hope to God that isn't the final phone - if it's any indication, the C650 is awkward to dial, even more awkward to speak into, and just doesn't feel very good in your hand. I was hoping they would use the PEBL V6 or the SLVR V8. Oh well. I can dream. Attached pics are of the SLVR.

Attachments

• 11276_MotImage.jpg
    11276_MotImage.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 105
  • 11131_MotImage.jpg
    11131_MotImage.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 87
  • 11128_MotImage.jpg
    11128_MotImage.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 100

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
ColoJohnBoy said:
It looks like my sister's phone from T-Mobile, a Moto C650. I hope to God that isn't the final phone - if it's any indication, the C650 is awkward to dial, even more awkward to speak into, and just doesn't feel very good in your hand. I was hoping they would use the PEBL V6 or the SLVR V8. Oh well. I can dream. Attached pics are of the SLVR.
Every prototype except this has been very unappealing to me. Unappealing is un-Apple, and un-Apple won't sell if it has that logo. It will be sleek, svelt, and make you drool. If it isn't a huge tech flop will occur.

w_parietti22

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2005
Seattle, WA
ColoJohnBoy said:

I like that a ot better than the picture of the phone that AI posted on their article. the green and blackk is very ugly and I woould never buy it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.