Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
Not sure if this would work, but have any of you guys having problems with ivysikin tried disputing the charge with your credit card companies? If enough people do this, it will really hurt them, and they will have to change their CS policies!

Just an idea. If that doesn't work, you could always make one of those colorful flashy signatures on your macrumors posts, that says "Stay away from Ivyskin" with a link to this thread. They hate that!

Ha.. I just wish we could get rid of their ad at the bottom of the forums if their Cust Service really is poor, I always see it pop up :rolleyes:

OrangeDog

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2008
I'm really REALLY disapointed with my purchase and the double run is that IvySkin hasn't answered two emails from me as yet.

My T4 is peeling, there is an oily/rainbow effect through the "glass" (99.9% sure it's not really glass, but I could stand to be corrected on this) it's no where near as responsive as without it and the top left hand side I have to touch 2-3 times for it to register. This kills it for me. I wish people would give true reviews and say that the "glass" isn't as responsive as without it. I suppose it's human nature to talk up what you have and NOT pick the faults out of it. I should have trusted itsmorprheus :(

Lots of people said in their reviews that they couldn't tell there was a second piece of "glass" and that's what sold me. Unless my T4 is COMPLETELY different from theirs, I fail to see how they could not. Well I can tell you it's extremely noticable that there is a buffer between your finger and your glass touchscreen. The dead areas and the oily rainbow effect are as prominent as dogs balls.

I waited with utmost impatience for this case and was so excited when I got it......what a MAJOR downer.

This case for me = Epic Failure

bwortman

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I'm really REALLY disapointed with my purchase and the double run is that IvySkin hasn't answered two emails from me as yet.

My T4 is peeling, there is an oily/rainbow effect through the "glass" (99.9% sure it's not really glass, but I could stand to be corrected on this) it's no where near as responsive as without it and the top left hand side I have to touch 2-3 times for it to register. This kills it for me. I wish people would give true reviews and say that the "glass" isn't as responsive as without it. I suppose it's human nature to talk up what you have and NOT pick the faults out of it. I should have trusted itsmorprheus :(

Lots of people said in their reviews that they couldn't tell there was a second piece of "glass" and that's what sold me. Unless my T4 is COMPLETELY different from theirs, I fail to see how they could not. Well I can tell you it's extremely noticable that there is a buffer between your finger and your glass touchscreen. The dead areas and the oily rainbow effect are as prominent as dogs balls.

I waited with utmost impatience for this case and was so excited when I got it......what a MAJOR downer.

This case for me = Epic Failure

OrangeDog...I am the one that responded stating that I couldn't tell that the glass was there and I still stand by that statement with my case. Maybe it is just the case since there is obviously an issue with the quality from Ivyskin. I see you also are having the peeling issue with the T4. Well itsmemorphious still speaks very highly about Ivyskin since they have been very responsive to his issues with the broken glass and the cut on the T2 or T3 (can't remember).

I made it clear in this thread that Ivyskin's customer service was horrible and I stand by that. I am still waiting for the Box to ship it back and the temporary case they are sending until they determine the issue with my T4. Which after dealing with Ivyskin via e-mail and phone I can only assume will not turn out the way it should. I am to the point where I am going to send my case as well as their temporary case back and DEMAND a refund for their poor quality product and horrible customer service.

OrangeDog

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2008
@bwortman

If you hold your T4 at any angle in sunlight or artificial light - you see no oily rainbow effect at all?

Have you 100% responsiveness, the same as without it?

I'm really disapointed as this case was the MOST promising that I have ever seen and answered all my protection needs....it just TOTALLY failed to deliver.

bwortman

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
@bwortman

If you hold your T4 at any angle in sunlight or artificial light - you see no oily rainbow effect at all?

Have you 100% responsiveness, the same as without it?

I'm really disapointed as this case was the MOST promising that I have ever seen and answered all my protection needs....it just TOTALLY failed to deliver.

I do get a little bit of the oily rainbow effect at the extreme top, but have no responsiveness issues. The reaction of the screen is the same as the naked iPhone.... The real issue I have is the peeling and now the horrible customer service from Ivyskin!

OrangeDog

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2008
I do get a little bit of the oily rainbow effect at the extreme top

I have -

oily rainbow effect
non responsive areas
peeling (virtually started peeling from taking it out of the box)

It's a damn shame as these could have been the bees knees in iPhone cases.

I know iPhone owners are a picky bunch and it must seem as we demand utmost satisfaction and perfection. Well we do have a wonderful gadget in the iPhone 3g and we do wish to protect our beloved devices and the promises that so many case makers make......sadly fall very short of the mark.

My expensive journey to the perfect iPhone 3g case continues.

Ipaqman

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2003
should i use the quattro t4 with the iphones screen bare and just put it in the case and use the screen protector of the quattro case, or should i put a screen protector on my iphone in addition to the quattro built in glass screen protector?

let me know what to do,

thanks,
ipaqman

scott99

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2007
should i use the quattro t4 with the iphones screen bare and just put it in the case and use the screen protector of the quattro case, or should i put a screen protector on my iphone in addition to the quattro built in glass screen protector?

let me know what to do,

thanks,
ipaqman

I have the PS Anti-Glare film on my phone, and it's in the t4. I have no issues whatsoever. Works like a charm. I would assume it may work even better without a screen protector, but I hardly notice any difference between a naked screen (just with the PS Anti-Glare), or with it in the case. I guess I've been lucky, seems like some here have had issues.

Pared

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2007
Well, your experience is enough to turn me off to this company...

ridiculous....heck you could just send them pictures..

I guess the most perplexing part is that they will only send you a temporary case until they decide...that's just ridiculous...

You shouldn't have to pay shipping for their issue, and if they were truly concerned with customer satisfaction, they would have resolved this in a more thoughtful way...

Agreed. Just earlier I posted a positive story with incase. Took a little longer than I would have liked, but nothing like this.

I will happily stay away from this company. I appreciate the thread and the heads up. :)

danieldelgado29

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2008
Pleasant Hill
Do you work for their competitor... We've seen posts like this before ';o) .
You may want to come up with a better idea than this.

I've been a big fan of ivyskin products and I think they are doing a great job. Had never any issue with them before, during and after my purchase of the new Quattro case.

Get your facts straight

x2.... I love my t4

danieldelgado29

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2008
Pleasant Hill
I have the PS Anti-Glare film on my phone, and it's in the t4. I have no issues whatsoever. Works like a charm. I would assume it may work even better without a screen protector, but I hardly notice any difference between a naked screen (just with the PS Anti-Glare), or with it in the case. I guess I've been lucky, seems like some here havtgate had issues.

I had this same set-up too....and I love it..I'm trying it right with clear screen protector and so far its great...

after watching :apple:gurls video of this case, I will now never purchase anything from this company. Ivyskin sucks!

Her case breaking was totally her fault...You can when you have the case in your hand that the screen needs to be naked..I tired with anti-glare but i know that was at my own risk...

OrangeDog

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2008
Caveat Emptor - Let the buyer beware

The bottom line is, if you're looking for a premium iPhone case, Quattro is the case. Material, Glass screen, Hard shell with poly soft finish, home button coverage.... Noting comes even close.

Just ordered another one for my father and I gladly recommend this case.

Beware that if you decide to purchase one of these cases you may be as disappointed as I was.

-Peeling of the covering of the case virtually "out of the box" Some people may overlook this and say they can live with it.....I'm not one of them.

-Oily/rainbow effect of the "glass" cover. Some people may overlook this and say they can live with it.....I'm not one of them.

-A definate and totally noticeable drop in the responsiveness of the iPhone touch screen. Some people may overlook this and say they can live with it.....I'm not one of them.

Ipaqman

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2003
mine has a slight rainbow effect.

the rainbow effect wont ruin the phone at all will it?

please let me know i am concerned. and i dont use an additional screen protector in it in addition to the quattro t4 built in one if that makes a difference.

thanks,
ipaqman

Richdmoore

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2007
Troutdale, OR
I also have the T4 case and in fact it is a perfect iPhone case. I had the rainbow effect on top of the case, and I realized, it is due to the oil from my skin. I used Windex to clean the inside and outside of the glass. It works and the screen looks crisp and clear.

I've already dropped my phone once in this case. It provided BEST PROTECTION.

If you have an iPhone 3G, this should be on your list.

I'll keep attempting to use this case, and try some windex when I get back home. I tried iKlear, and it did nothing for the rainbow effect.:(

OrangeDog

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2008
No the rainbow effect won't hurt or have any lasting effect on your iPhone. It's just visually awful and if your picky like I am you will not like the effect. If your picky, YOU WILL SEE THE RAINBOW EFFECT and you won't like it. It doesn't matter how much you try to forget it's there.......it's there alright!

bwortman

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Stay Away From Ivyskin!!!!

If you have read this thread you will see all the problems I have had with Ivyskin in regards to a poor quality product as well as the horrible customer service. Here is an update on what is STILL going on. After sending back both the temporary case (which was in horrible condition; not usuable in my opinion) they sent me and the original case I had received with the peeling issue and requesting a refund I have yet to receive any money or communication from them in 20 days. I have attempted to contact them yet again and I am awaiting there response.

If you are reading this I am suggesting the loudest I can that you stay away from this company at all costs. Currently I am out $56.38 and doubt I will get my money back and hope this does not happen to you.

Please do not buy anything via the web from Ivyskin.

bwortman

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I am getting people the problems I had with their product and the problems I had with their customer service. It seems I am not the only one to have similar issues so buyers beware.

I have made my choice to never deal with them again after this issue has been resolved, regardless of the quality of their product. You have obviously had a much better experience with them and should continue to purchase if that is what you choose to do. I would rather people post their experiences (good and bad) and let people make that decision for themselves.

allieaitch

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2009
My nightmare with the Ivyskin Quattro 4 AND with Ivyskin's Customer "Service"

This is a “heads-up” for anyone thinking of buying an Ivyskin Quattro 4 case for an iPhone 3G.

In a word: DON’T.

My issues were a bit different from most.

I ordered the Quattro 4 directly from Ivyskin and was really excited when it arrived.

The case looked really good. BUT . . .

1) Within an hour after I put it on my iPhone, the metal “Ivyskin” logo fell off the back, leaving a hard “patch” of epoxy.

2) The “see-through” screen exhibited a really annoying (and distracting “rainbow” effect.

But wait, there’s MORE!

When I contacted Ivyskin “customer service” (an obvious misnomer) by phone, I was promised I wouldn’t have to pay for return postage when I sent the defective case back for a refund. I just had to send the department an e-mail and they’s send me an RMA.

I did. The reply I got was not fun to read . . .

I was told that the case was NOT defective and that if I want a replacement logo, they’d send one. (I swear this is true).

AND they said the rainbow effect would go away in 5-6 days, if I used Windex.

AND . . . there’d be a 15% restocking fee if the case wasn’t in perfect condition! (Remember the “missing metal logo?)

The capper was that they insisted I ship the case back and provide Ivyskin with a tracking number! Honest.

I figured the return postage and the restocking fee would cost me about $40 total. So i kept the terrible case to use as a “spare.”

Just wanted you to know.

Bad product. Disgraceful customer service.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
thanks for the heads up, I will never buy any junk from this joke of a company. Please don't mistake Iskin for Ivyskin, Iskin makes great products, not sure about their customer service. Ivyskin sounds like a scam.

Locatino

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2009
Didn't take the risk with Quattro T4

I liked the idea of this case, but after reading this forum, was concerned about the issue with the paint or finish coming off as described above. Also, I liked the black case with the red "Home" button, but couldn't understand why they would think it was worth $15 more than the black "Home" button.

So I emailed them from their website and asked if the issue with the finish had been addressed, and whether they would give me a break on the red dot case (was just expecting a polite "no" to that one!).

No reply to two emails after a week.

So I called them - left a voicemail message. No reply.

Called one last time and spoke to Adam. He said the cases are all now UV-coated so will not fade. I'm not sure that this really makes sense given the paint peeling issue described above. He said there is no rainbow effect on the glass. He offered a discount code: TAKE5 which will give you $5 off at checkout.

Overall, I expected better response from the company. I am not reassured that they would respond well if there was a defect or problem with the case. Cost is an issue, but they say that's because of the materials used.

I went with the Clarifi case and am happy, especially with using the closeup lens and Evernote. Bought a leather pouch to carry it on my belt.

Hope this helps.

texasfootball85

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2009
Ivyskin Quattro T-4 - issue

I have encountered the peeling with the 4 units I have purchased (2 Jet Black and 2 Alpine White), The Quattro T4 Belt Clips seem to make the problem a little worse. The cases are great...its just annoying to see the peeling.

On a related topic the extended battery for the Quattro T-4 release date has been once again delayed pending Apple Certification. 3-5 Weeks

meedmee

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2009
I've been using IvySkin Quattro case for 5 months now

I've been using this case for 5 months now and recently droped it. WOW, it protected my iPhone 100%. The case got some scratches but that's about it.

If you're looking for a iphone case, get the ivyskin case.
Alpine-iPhone3G.png

N8Dogg316

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2009
I got my T4 case about 1 week ago. It was peeling out of the box, so I called IvySkin about a return. They told me that it would cost me 15% Restocking minus shipping and I had to pay to ship it back. They charge the restocking fee because 95% of their cases are coming back and they need to make something for all the wasted time and money.
So I kept the case and it continued to peel to a point where I felt a refund was due, however BRIAN AT IVYSKIN TOLD ME THE FINISH WILL PEEL OFF FROM RUBBING ON GARMETS AND THIS IS NOT MEANS FOR A RETURN. IvkySkin knows cases will peel and are destined to fail but they don't care, they will sell you 100 of them right now. Shameful. What really sucks is I paid the extra $15 for a Red button. I wish I found this forum first.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.