Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Its about time, that's all I can say. Hopefully they'll give some mention to this, even announce its release date on the 9th.

Col4bin

macrumors 68000
Oct 2, 2011
El Segundo
...- iWatch is far from being ready to sell so nothing to really show...

100% positive Apple's got working pre-production iWatch units that they can demo on 9/9. Maybe you don't remember the original iPhone launch back in 2007, but that's basically what Steve used for his on-stage demo.

Think Cook and the gang will be just fine this time around, too. :cool:

HangmanSwingset

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2011
Everett, WA
Still rockin the 6th gen nano on the watch band. Picked myself up an iWatchz Elemental band too. Absolutely love it.

That said, I'm hoping Apple's watch looks something like that band style.

Last edited:

Nightarchaon

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2010
I for one hope they put a better battery in the iWatch than they have the iPhone, other wise after midday its just going to be an iBracelet, unless i want to spend the day with my wrist teatherd to my PC charging like i have to now with my iPhone.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Ok I think I'll trust re/code over DigiTimes.

Why would Apple hold an event at the flint center if they have not something to announce besides the iPhone 6?

Doesn't make any sense.
Re/code > DigiTimes.

Well, someone's track record is about to get a bit better, and another's a bit worse. They can't all be right.

----------

Macrumors:

IWatch at event
IWatch not at event

Rinse and repeat

Keeping a record of and reporting others' predictions =/= making predictions of one's own. (Unless you're just referring to the nature of the headlines, and in that case, carry on). :cool:

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan
Definitely makes sense that they're not even remotely ready to ship - we would've seen parts leaks for weeks if it was.

bazinga!!

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2012
Belgium
Why would Apple hold an event at the flint center if they have not something to announce besides the iPhone 6?

Doesn't make any sense.
Re/code > DigiTimes.

:apple: :apple: :apple:

Because it will finally and truly be the biggest announcement of the iPhone since the original iPhone introduction.

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
This is digitimes though.
Take everything they say with the appropriate grains of salt. Remember that.

mikecorp

Suspended
Mar 20, 2008
am I the only one?

I played with the samsung watch in the shop today and I do not think it has any future. The entire screen and interface is so small and navigation absolutely stupid. It took me long 5 minutes to realise I would not buy something like that.
Even the shopkeeper agreed with me that is just a crappy gadget, and that is why they give it for free with samsung phone.

How would I see apple Watch?
I do not think it should have a screen at all. I would prefer to have a beautiful bracelet, with micro holes that would show time and date and the rest of the bio tech would be all inside and invisible. Battery would last for weeks before it would need to be charged, all data would sync with iPhone.

katewes

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2007
Whilst there's been a flood of leaked photos of the iPhone 6, for the iWatch it's merely been speculative mock-ups. For that reason I find it hard to imagine that the iWatch will be announced concurrently with the iPhone 6. It's not like Apple to announce something very fast in the distant horizon not being available soon (aside from OS updates).

Movietwister

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2014
Please MR, put up another mockup on any future articles about the iWatch.
PLEASE, ANYTHING BUT THIS. :)

gsingham

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2013
Bloomberg n recode have said iwatch will be announced next week. Who are digitimes again?!?

In any case i don't think apple can afford to waste time n delay this release. If anything before christmas.

If it is truly delayed till the 2015, then what has apple been doing for the last 9 months

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Its about time, that's all I can say. Hopefully they'll give some mention to this, even announce its release date on the 9th.

Because you want one or because you're one who's impatient for Apple to DO SOMETHING?

JHankwitz

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2005
Wisconsin
For the love of all that is holy, I pray it doesn't look like that mockup.

Pray tell, how should it look?

----------

This makes a lot of sense. Apple announces months before release, allowing for control over parts (See iPhone 6 videos) and therefore hype. They have done this with most other 1st generation products, and it seems to be quite an effective method. Can't wait to see what comes on the 9th.

I must have missed something. When did Apple announce the iWatch?

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Well, someone's track record is about to get a bit better, and another's a bit worse. They can't all be right.

Well not exactly. Digitimes record can't get worse since you can't go lower than "discredited." Re/code is staffed by respected professional journalists so if Apple is going "off record" then it's with Re/code, not Digitimes. Also if Re/code is saying something as fact then its more likely true than if Digitimes does because that rag regularly makes stuff up just to get attributed in blogs.

cybermax

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2012
If they will not unveil iWatch than what? Will they talk about iPhone with bigger screen for one hour? Give me a break!

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
Seriously, just make a Flavor Flav hip hop version that consists of an entire iPhone hanging around the neck from a gaudy chain.

TallManNY

macrumors 601
Nov 5, 2007
Does it even need a screen?
If it is mainly health tracking and if it integrates with the 4.7" screen in your pocket, then does it need its own screen?
If it has a screen and has greater abilities then health tracking, I'd like to see it with a touch ID and then have an RFID in it that can be turned on with the touch ID. Then it would be used for things like opening doors or unlocking and starting your car (though maybe it would be hard to have it do both since home and car would be near each other). An RFID that has a second layer of security by confirming your presence would come in handy in so many ways.

gsingham

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2013
Products launched later this year (not next) was described at the best product pipeline in the last 25 years was what eddy cue said

Does anyone honestly think this doesn't include an iwatch?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.