Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hawkeye411

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2007
Canada EH!!!
I tried getting this a bunch of times but the app store kept saying that it wasn't available and now it's $25.00 again.

However, it appears to me that your buying a trial of the software for $5 because you are going to need to pay the $20 difference when you need to upgrade the software. I was going to pay the 5 bucks and give it a try but I'm not gonna try it for $25.

Oh well .... as they say ... timing is everything.

Cheers.
:):apple:

BennyK

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2004
Appleton, WI
Cant get mine to work

I went through the long process of manually setting it up. I think I followed all the instructions but when I run Jaadu Connect on my Mac it says that "your router was not able to map the port correctly. I am able to see port 5900 on canyouseeme.org. I cant figure this out... I really want to though. help please

Delirium39

macrumors regular
May 19, 2008
As a developer who is currently running a sale myself, let me shed a little light on the timing involved in changing the price of an app. It is in no way immediate, and we have very little control over it. We log in, change the price, and then over a period of hours, all the servers in the U.S. get updated. You may see the old price, or the new price, depending on which server you're accessing at that moment. Also, iTunes caches a lot of the pages you've already viewed. If the page loads without the progress meter showing up, assume you're looking at old data. Now, the matter gets even worse if you're outside the U.S. For my sale, I didn't see the prices start updating until at least 24 hours after I started the sale for countries outside the U.S. The "currently being modified" notice means just that. Apple is updating the server you're on. The developer isn't messing with you. Nobody is trying to trick you into paying more. The iTunes store is huge, and it takes time for things to work through the system.

As for all this stuff about upgrade prices, and such. I'll tell you right now, we've not been notified of such a feature. As far as we know, all upgrades are free, no matter what price you paid. And all re-downloads are free as well. I have no idea where this developer is getting these rules from.

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
However, it appears to me that your buying a trial of the software for $5 because you are going to need to pay the $20 difference when you need to upgrade the software. I was going to pay the 5 bucks and give it a try but I'm not gonna try it for $25.

I think that's unfortunate. Personally, I have a very limited "need" for this software. It's a utility that's cool to have, but I doubt I'll get much use out of it. For $5 it's worth the price of admission. For $25, not so much.

So far it seems like a fantastic program, but baring some change in lifestyle, I don't see a $20 upgrade being paid on my part.

heyp

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2008
so i got this setup with no issues... but anyone know how to drag a window using it?

mattwolfmatt

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2008
This app solves my month-old problem with the "remote" app: how to open iTunes from the next room while still sitting on the couch. Now I can!!

spyker3292

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
Michigan
I can easily get it to work over Apple's built in local sharing, but not with Jaadu Connect! I want to access my comp from other places too ;). I get a port error, computer is connected to an old airport express.

mcmacmike

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2008
Vista help.

Ok, I've purchased this yesterday and got it to work fine with my mac. I also got it connected with my desktop running vista. My question is how do i get my start menu to show on my phone? When I click on the start menu it shows on the desktop, but nothing on my phone. Also, when I try to view folders nothing shows up on my iphone. I have the refresh rate set to fast on jaadu. Any Vista users care to shed some light?

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
As for all this stuff about upgrade prices, and such. I'll tell you right now, we've not been notified of such a feature. As far as we know, all upgrades are free, no matter what price you paid. And all re-downloads are free as well. I have no idea where this developer is getting these rules from.

Good to know, also my understanding is upgrades are free as well. I'm not too big on paying the $24.99 price for something that was on SALE for $4.99...:eek:

radiogod69

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2008
Minnesota
Is anyone elses Internet security software blocking usage of this tool? It works fine obviously when its turned off, but when I have it up, built in firewall & all it doesn't work. I have tried creating rules to allow tcp traffic and it still wont work. Any ideas?

Hawkeye411

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2007
Canada EH!!!
I think that's unfortunate. Personally, I have a very limited "need" for this software. It's a utility that's cool to have, but I doubt I'll get much use out of it. For $5 it's worth the price of admission. For $25, not so much.

So far it seems like a fantastic program, but baring some change in lifestyle, I don't see a $20 upgrade being paid on my part.

OK thanks. Seems like others share your opinion so I'll wait for the next "sale" ;). lol

Cheers.

sanford

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2003
Dallas, USA
I don't want to mislead anyone... and there may be some devs around that can clarify. But my understanding is what is described (selectively charging for an update) is simply is not possible.

Oh, I don't think you were even close to misleading anyone, arn. You even wrote, Developer notes blah blah, but from what I know about how the App Store works, the developer must be in error. Indeed, this may be an "exploit" on the part of the developer and you are spot on about how the App Store SHOULD work -- you certainly know far more about how it works than I. My only point was that when it comes to the wallets of discount buyers, the devs warning should supersede your valid questioning of their own understanding of how the App Store works because not taking them at their word could cost one US$20 one did not intend to pay.

If it is an "exploit", this is what I meant in a previous post about a big bunch of "Wild West" developers, people who were evading the proper licensed use of iPhone (this isn't a moral debate folks, just that these devs were breaking Apple's rules w/o my personal judgment of whether those rules were just or not) being perhaps the bulk of the early App Store vendors. With rule-breaking comes a certain "lawlessness" and set of malleable ethics. Lots of these early iPhone "hackers" will take their quality products and transition to a consumer-oriented business model, applying at least acceptable if not highly regard ethics to their ventures -- and hopefully get to the point they can make a living and perhaps build entire small businesses around their App Store products. But there has to be a shakeout first, and if Jaadu VNC's developers are abusing paying customer good natures, they should hopefully be shaken out by App Store customers' wallets: Either remolded to a vendor with a more ethical philosophy of business, or submarined by lack of sales.

ViPa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
for some reason, i can only access my computer when im in my house using wifi under the same network..how can i use it with edge/3g?? its pointless if i cant access my computer when im away from it

swindmill

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2005
KY
You have to set it up to work from outside your LAN. It works great over 3G from anywhere.

I only have the Jaadu Click version that was available for $1 for a short time. I wish I would have caught this sale to get the keyboard for $5.

Crevice

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2008
You have to set it up to work from outside your LAN. It works great over 3G from anywhere.

I only have the Jaadu Click version that was available for $1 for a short time. I wish I would have caught this sale to get the keyboard for $5.

How do you set it up to work outside of LAN? Thanks in advance.

ViPa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
yeah how do you set it to work outside of your LAN? i have a macbook

spyker3292

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
Michigan
Install and run Jaadu Connect when you are gone. Your computer needs to be awake too (but not your screen) so check out your energy settings too. I'm still trying to get it to work. It's a bit harder with some routers.

BennyK

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2004
Appleton, WI
Install and run Jaadu Connect when you are gone. Your computer needs to be awake too (but not your screen) so check out your energy settings too. I'm still trying to get it to work. It's a bit harder with some routers.

I still cant figure this out. I went the the port forwarding and all that jazz and still not able to connect... i dont get it.

jcde7ago

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2008
San Francisco, CA
Setting it up to work over Cellular network isn't too difficult, and i won't go in depth here because it is pretty much router dependent.

Say you have a laptop and a pc. Your laptop's IP address is for example 192.168.1.1 on the network, and you want to access this. If you have a router, you have to log into it, go to your port forwarding options, and port-forward port 5900 to the IP address of the computer you're trying to access, in this case 192.168.1.1.

On your phone, instead of inputting your laptop's IP address, you input the address of your actual router - you can find this by using google. This way, your phone will talk directly to your router when you try to use VNC, says it wants to access Port 5900, and the router knows to forward this request to the IP address of your laptop, enabling you to then connect to your laptop.

Eric.

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2008
I just thought that I would stop by and let everyone know that this app seems to work really well. I'm typing this on my iPhone connected to my x64 Vista machine. I'm very happy that the devs dropped the price. ;)

Feel free to drop me a PM if you have issues. I had to work out a few things myself, but its working 100% from what I can tell. :D

radiogod69

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2008
Minnesota
i am typing this through my 3g connection NOT wifi. this definetly needs to be easier for 3g connectivity setup. does anyone else have the problem when shutting down the jaadu program & tightvnc that the computer refuses to turn off untill you have to end the process using ctrl alt del? otherwise its A great program though its pricey.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.