Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JayHD

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2011
I'm having a huge problem with Jailbreakme 3.0.

I installed the JB and then went on to install biteSMS. The app worked for a minute. I sent a test text and the phone said it needed to reboot.

The device stays on the Apple logo. I can't even restore it in iTunes. Any suggestions?

So I installed Cydia and it was working fine for about 3 minutes, untill it froze up while looking at themes...so I am reset it...

and now I am stuck in an endless reboot.

I tried holding the lock screen and the home button, and again while plugged into itunes, itunes doesnt acknowledge it, and so I am stuck and don't know what to do besides throw it against the wall...

any suggestions?:mad:

I ended up in an endless reboot after installing a script to change the iPad's TTL. I waited an hour for it to power down, charged it, then it booted right up. I'd try draining the battery before restoring.

Shunnabunich

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Is that blue wallpaper iPad res or is it iPhone 4 size?

It's an iPad-sized one; I got it from one of those free wallpaper apps. Thankfully iTunes didn't have any problems making a backup, so aside from some laborious re-foldering of "orphaned" apps, I was pretty much able to pick right up and re-jailbreak where I left off...a wee bit more cautious this time. :p

evangw

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2008
The I word does need a different repository but you'll have to google it to find out what it is. SBSettings is in BigBoss which should be there, maybe the server was just busy when you looked. Make sure BigBoss is installed and you'll find it.

BigBoss's repository has a hilariously ancient version of MobileTerminal there for some reason. The only repo I could find with a working version of MobileTerminal was one of the pirate repositories (oddly enough, since it's a legitimate non-pirated app).

farme

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2011
I don't have a computer yet to upgrade. So i wanted to see if it was possible to jb...envy u guys!

Then i would stay away from jailbreaking anyway. If you run into a problem where you would need to restore the iPad, you're screwed.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I am not getting any sound from the speakers for any games. I can with the headphones. I've rebooted several times. I've deleted and reinstalled several times. No luck.

I can get sound out of the speaker for the iPod app, and also air video, sling player... No problem. Just games

No sound for angry birds

No sound for tikitotems 2

No sound for scrabble

No sound for asphalt 6

No sound for any of my games... Anyone else having this issue?

The sound working for me on all those with iPad 2. I only did the jailbreak me, and install cydia & retinapad.

~Ks383~

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
Then i would stay away from jailbreaking anyway. If you run into a problem where you would need to restore the iPad, you're screwed.

Agreed. I am actually jailbroken and away from home and my computer that I can use to restore if something goes wrong. I just hope for the best and know that if something does go wrong then I am stuck with a big paperweight for a couple of days, but I can live with that. Anyway it it is not like he/she can jailbreak w/o having a computer to upgrade from their current iOS version.

evangw

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2008
I am not getting any sound from the speakers for any games. I can with the headphones. I've rebooted several times. I've deleted and reinstalled several times. No luck.

I can get sound out of the speaker for the iPod app, and also air video, sling player... No problem. Just games

No sound for angry birds

No sound for tikitotems 2

No sound for scrabble

No sound for asphalt 6

No sound for any of my games... Anyone else having this issue?

I had this exact issue on my non-jb'd iPad 4.3.1 a while back, and it lasted for a couple weeks. Sound did not work in games, but worked fine in iPod and Video. Eventually it fixed itself (without a firmware update or restore) so I have no idea what the problem ended up being. Try flipping the control for "switch to lock vs. switch to mute" to "switch to mute", then flip it a couple times, then flip the one in the Apple control dock (double tap home, swipe left) and restart or something. It's not a JB problem, or at least it wasn't for me. It just suddenly came on, lasted a couple weeks, then fixed.

BergerFan

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2008
Mos Eisley
Twitter for iPad Crashing

Does anyone have the issue of the official Twitter iPad app, crashing whenever you tap the compose tweet button? This literally began happening, post jailbreak, as I sent tweets immediately beforehand. :(

Mac.World

macrumors 68000
Jan 9, 2011
In front of uranus
Does anyone have the issue of the official Twitter iPad app, crashing whenever you tap the compose tweet button? This literally began happening, post jailbreak, as I sent tweets immediately beforehand. :(

No problem here with the twitter app. Works perfectly for me. I just composed a couple of tweets this morning.

IsaacM

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2011
This was my first time jailbreaking an ios device and i must say the experience was horrible.

I jailbroke my phone through the jailbreakme.com website and immediately after all seemed fine.

I didnt even install any of its features and my ipad started to misbehave.

First, my internet started to become very sluggish. Like, if before i loaded a website in a few secs. now it took 15-20 sec to open a simple webpage (!)

Second, the pages would barely work once they would finally open, there would be broken html, unclickable links all over and i was practically unable to use my device for surfing. Mind you these problems persisted through all browsers i have: safari, opera and skyfire. :/

After all that, most of my apps started to misbehave. Not only was loading them seemingly slower but loading anything from the internet inside them was slow as hell.

Needless to say, I backed up my apps and restored my ipad immediately. It just wasnt worth it. Ofcourse, all problems were fixed and my ipad was as good as new. I'm never doing this to my device ever again. I know it works fine for many of you, but i just had to share my two cents.

~Ks383~

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
This was my first time jailbreaking an ios device and i must say the experience was horrible.

I jailbroke my phone through the jailbreakme.com website and immediately after all seemed fine.

I didnt even install any of its features and my ipad started to misbehave.

First, my internet started to become very sluggish. Like, if before i loaded a website in a few secs. now it took 15-20 sec to open a simple webpage (!)

Second, the pages would barely work once they would finally open, there would be broken html, unclickable links all over and i was practically unable to use my device for surfing. Mind you these problems persisted through all browsers i have: safari, opera and skyfire. :/

After all that, most of my apps started to misbehave. Not only was loading them seemingly slower but loading anything from the internet inside them was slow as hell.

Needless to say, I backed up my apps and restored my ipad immediately. It just wasnt worth it. Ofcourse, all problems were fixed and my ipad was as good as new. I'm never doing this to my device ever again. I know it works fine for many of you, but i just had to share my two cents.

I have not heard of anyone else having these issues. Was it your phone or your iPad (see bolded text)? What iOS version were you on? I'm not saying you are making this up BTW. I'm just curious.

IsaacM

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2011
I have not heard of anyone else having these issues. Was it your phone or your iPad (see bolded text)? What iOS version were you on? I'm not saying you are making this up BTW. I'm just curious.

Im talking about ipad 2 wifi plus 3g, 32gb model. Its brand new. I typed phone instead of device, sorry.

Im using ios 4.3.3 (8j2)

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
May have been mentioned but...

I've just jailbroke from 4.3.3. Everything is running fine except Mobile Terminal - I installed it purely to change the password but it fails to launch whenever I've tried to load it. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling/rebooting etc but no luck :(

kdesign7

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2010
earth, for now.
I had this exact issue on my non-jb'd iPad 4.3.1 a while back, and it lasted for a couple weeks. Sound did not work in games, but worked fine in iPod and Video. Eventually it fixed itself (without a firmware update or restore) so I have no idea what the problem ended up being. Try flipping the control for "switch to lock vs. switch to mute" to "switch to mute", then flip it a couple times, then flip the one in the Apple control dock (double tap home, swipe left) and restart or something. It's not a JB problem, or at least it wasn't for me. It just suddenly came on, lasted a couple weeks, then fixed.

The reason for this is simple... lol The LOCK SWITCH on the side, was set to turn MUTE on/off, not rotation lock... lol Simple mistake ;)

ISO:HELP

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2006
Can anyone point me in the direction of how to save ssh blobs before I JB my ipad2...
Any help would be appr

Dorfdad

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2007
Battery Life Terrible after jailbreak

Anyone else noticing terrible battery life after applying the new jailbreak on the iPad 2??

two charges in 2 days I swear it's using 20% or more battery power after jailbreaking! This is a deal breaker if its true. I turned off PING as well 4.3.3

jpcarro

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2009
On your nine
May have been mentioned but...

I've just jailbroke from 4.3.3. Everything is running fine except Mobile Terminal - I installed it purely to change the password but it fails to launch whenever I've tried to load it. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling/rebooting etc but no luck :(

Add source YourCydiaRepo.org to Cydia...it sources out a working MobileTerminal from code google.

Bearxor

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2007
iBooks

The book I was reading prior to the jailbreak seemed to work fine until I finished it. Towards the end though, I started to get a lot of encoding errors n pages but I was able to finish.

I purchased and downloaded the sequel, and it was broken. Came up and crashes after a few seconds. I downloaded a DRM-free copy from less reputable sources and it works fine.

Any other books I've purchased and attempt to reels load crash on me as well.

I've deleted and reinstalled iBooks. No good. I've also downloaded the iBooks fix on Cydia and it has done no good as well.

The real issue I have here is that Apple allowed me to purchase a book that wasn't going to be authorized to use on my device.

Justintin

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2011
Problems with connection to iTunes

Hello.

Not sure if anyone have this problems, but after jailbreaking iPad 2, everything works, except for updating apps through App Store. Everytime I try to update something through app store, it gives a message "Cannot connect to iTunes".

Anyone can help with this? I am clueless :(

Thanks!

Justin

engelke2010

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2010
Hello.

Not sure if anyone have this problems, but after jailbreaking iPad 2, everything works, except for updating apps through App Store. Everytime I try to update something through app store, it gives a message "Cannot connect to iTunes".

Anyone can help with this? I am clueless :(

Thanks!

Justin

I would love to know the answer to that, too. I have that problem, but with iTunes in general, not just updating apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.