Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kdesign7

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2010
earth, for now.
I am not getting any sound from the speakers for any games. I can with the headphones. I've rebooted several times. I've deleted and reinstalled several times. No luck.

I can get sound out of the speaker for the iPod app, and also air video, sling player... No problem. Just games

No sound for angry birds

No sound for tikitotems 2

No sound for scrabble

No sound for asphalt 6

No sound for any of my games... Anyone else having this issue?

Sdevante

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2008
I am not getting any sound from the speakers for any games. I can with the headphones. I've rebooted several times. I've deleted and reinstalled several times. No luck.

I can get sound out of the speaker for the iPod app, and also air video, sling player... No problem. Just games

No sound for angry birds

No sound for scrabble

No sound for asphalt 6

Sound works fine for me on scrabble, but thats the only game i have on your list.

kdesign7

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2010
earth, for now.
Sound works fine for me on scrabble, but thats the only game i have on your list.

Ok so sound is working for you. But this is weird cause when I plug in headphones... Fine it works. But when I dint have headphones in. No luck. Also, I noticed that I can't see the volume popup alert where u can see the incremental adjustments. But outside of games, the volume popup alert appears and sound works perfectly..

kdesign7

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2010
earth, for now.
Omg I feel like a major dolt!!! LoL feel free to laugh at my expense.

The 'lock switch' was engaged, but within the settings it was set to mute and not rotation lock.

Bahahaha I'm such a fool. I didn't even think it could have been that. Lord liftin' b'y lol so ignore this. Lol

tt335

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2011
safari

Does anyone's safari stopped working? Mine was working after I jailbroke it, now it doesn't anymore. When I open up safari, it just stays on the white browser screen for about 10 seconds, then automatically closes itself. I appreciate it if someone can help me, I'm on 4.3.3 btw. Thanks in advance.
Edit: it was adblock all a long, I suspected it, removed it, and everything works.

Last edited:

TomiY1

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, CA
TWCable TV detects Jailbreak!

How ridiculous is this... Time Warner's iPad app actually detects a jailbreak and disables the app completely! wow... im shocked. (updated to v.2.0) Anyone else seeing this bs?

duperdigger

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2011
I just tried to upgrade from 4.3 to 4.3.3 before doing a jailbreak and iTunes gave me an error saying "The iPad "*****" cannot me updated. This device is not eligible for the requested build.

Just a normal upgrade on iTunes. What gives?

Did u end up figuring it out? this happened to me last night and it pissed the hell out of me. was trying to figure it out for hours. Delete the bottom line in hosts file that finishes with gs.apple.com than download tiny umbrelle and click your connected device. Once youve done that go to advanced uncheck "set hosts to cydia on exit" and apply the changes. it worked for me.

farme

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2011
After running into a problem with Safari (inertia scrolling disabled until you zoomed the page), which i thought was due to "FullScreen for iPad" i restored my iPad and re-jailbroke it.

Now, after not having installed FullScreen again, i'm back at square 1, as it just happened again....

My other extensions are adblocker, retinapad, nolockscreen, folder enhancer, activator and sbsettings.

So anyone with the same problem or with the knowledge why this keeps happening?

leung1

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2011
Jailbreak 3.0 is Live!! (Reports/Problems)

After jailbreaking my ipad 2 with Jailbreakme, the photo connection kid won't work. There is no response at all when plug in. Anyone has the same issue?:mad::mad::mad:

Shunnabunich

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Just posted this in the news thread; this is a pretty bad one as far as incompatible packages go.
This may seem like a no-brainer to some, but I was dumb enough to have it happen to me, so I thought I'd post it: once you've jailbroken your iPad, be very wary about installing Cydia packages designed for iPhone/iPod touch. There could be compatibility issues of varying seriousness.

I installed Light Bright on my iPad 2 to try it out. That was a mistake. Froze the device solid after a few seconds of use, and once I hard-rebooted it, SpringBoard seemed to think it was running on an iPhone — the whole screen was filled, but all icons (except folder icons) were rendered at their iPhone sizes, spaced way out near the edges at 4x4 instead of the iPad's 5x5. Even the keyboard in Spotlight was an iPhone keyboard, stuck at the far left. Running any app, including Cydia, crashed the thing so hard it rebooted all over again. It's currently stuck most of the way through restoring, with no sign that it intends to finish. (Edit: it just finished...which may or may not have anything to do with the fact that I installed and opened the latest version of TinyUmbrella seconds earlier.)

Don't be a dumbass like me! Be wise. Be safe. Be...aware. :D
Also managed to get a couple screenshots of the situation described above:
nkntc
wrkmd

hoanganh

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2011

No sound for angry birds

No sound for scrabble

No sound for asphalt 6

sound for angry bird works for me!

thisisvick

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2010
Omg I feel like a major dolt!!! LoL feel free to laugh at my expense.

The 'lock switch' was engaged, but within the settings it was set to mute and not rotation lock.

Bahahaha I'm such a fool. I didn't even think it could have been that. Lord liftin' b'y lol so ignore this. Lol

Totally happened to me... Freaked out, went to settings, and got slapped on the face...you are not alone =) . Something to remember for the next jailbreak ;)

@ Shunnabunich
Dude... that exact thing happened to me yesterday. The culprit was FolderEnhancer -- now was playing dangerous with suspect repos? Im not ready to admit to that at this time. I tried frantically to find the files and delete them but to no avail. What I will say is saving a backup through aptbackup reduced the burden of getting back to where I was after nearly a half a day's worth of customization. There is another program called xbackup which does the same thing but also the list of programs from "other" repos. Makes we wonder if there is some sort of TmeMachine app for situations like this?

Be safe fellow jailbreakers....

holyindian

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2009
Am i missing something after the jailbreak? Are there any sources or repositories that i need to add and install for cydia?? I dont see installous and sbsettings on cydia.

~Ks383~

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
After jailbreaking my ipad 2 with Jailbreakme, the photo connection kid won't work. There is no response at all when plug in. Anyone has the same issue?:mad::mad::mad:

That is a known issue with all jailbroken ipads. It sucks. I understand the frustration. I just bought one of those about a month ago. Oh well, hopfully the issue will be fixed eventually.

Ikyo

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2008
Anyone have issues with FaceTime over 3G with any of the programs that allow this to work. I have tried 3G unrestricted and my3 g with no luck.

Doesn't look like either one has been updated.

KingJeglum

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2010
So I installed Cydia and it was working fine for about 3 minutes, untill it froze up while looking at themes...so I am reset it...

and now I am stuck in an endless reboot.

I tried holding the lock screen and the home button, and again while plugged into itunes, itunes doesnt acknowledge it, and so I am stuck and don't know what to do besides throw it against the wall...

any suggestions?:mad:

DN7335

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2008
Am i missing something after the jailbreak? Are there any sources or repositories that i need to add and install for cydia?? I dont see installous and sbsettings on cydia.

The I word does need a different repository but you'll have to google it to find out what it is. SBSettings is in BigBoss which should be there, maybe the server was just busy when you looked. Make sure BigBoss is installed and you'll find it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.