Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aperry

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Let's list the jailbreak apps that work. I'm waiting for my iPad to sync before attempting the jailbreak (damn, backup takes forever), but so far I've noticed this in the forums:

Works:
Backgrounder
OpenSSH

Doesn't work:
SBSettings

What else?

iPadThai

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2010
DO NOT INSTALL SBSETTINGS. It works but it screws up your springboard and it will cause you the touch responses to fail when trying to get into cydia to remove sbsettings.

If you end up installing it, simply reboot into safe mode, then head back into cydia and then remove sbsettings.

#2 update: the following DOES NOT WORK:

* Kirikae
* Backgrounder (installs and seems to be working but without kirikae)
* emoji
* SBSettings
* AppSync OS 3.1

GadgetX

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2010
SBSettings works great! Just respring once installed and all issues go away!

rutiger

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2006
GadgetX said:
SBSettings works great! Just respring once installed and all issues go away!

Clicking on processes crashes my iPad. All other toggles seem to work though. Anyone else see the same thing?

Alucardx03

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
Anyone get 3G Unrestrictor to work? That would push me over the edge and convince me to jailbreak my iPad.

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
just confirmed "Music Controls" has been updated for ipad. (lets you use the ipod music controls on backgrounded 3rd party music apps like pandora) its $4.99 but comes with a 5 day free trial. works great.

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
just confirmed "Music Controls" has been updated for ipad. (lets you use the ipod music controls on backgrounded 3rd party music apps like pandora) its $4.99 but comes with a 5 day free trial. works great.

scratch that. I found a bug. it was working fantastic with pandora. but I went into the ipod app and it completely locked up the ipad. had to restart it with home/power. did it everytime I would load ipod or pandora after that. I uninstalled music controls, deleted pandora and redownloaded and now pandora and ipod is working again. I hope the author fixes it cause it did work great at first.

lokerd

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Beaumont
WilliamG said:
Yes SBSettings got an update I believe today? In any case, it works fine! Just don't click the Processes button, cause that resprings the iPad.

Is dock crashing on anybody else? Sb was working fine...the tried to add Settings an a couple of others but is crashing big time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.