Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PickUrPoison

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2017
Sunnyvale, CA
From the looks of it, it won't be that straightforward to pick the right model.
Sure it will. Apple’s introducing four new iPhones this fall.

iPhone customers have been able to choose between three new models for the last two years and no one’s brain has exploded. I don’t think they’re so stupid that they can’t handle four.

I don’t understand why you are so concerned? What do you think you know that Apple doesn’t know?

PickUrPoison

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2017
Sunnyvale, CA
Who knows, maybe they are going to launch more model than you think.
Who knows? They may launch fewer than you think. Maybe only 6.1” and 6.7” ?‍♂️

But all the rumors say four. If you’re not interested in rumors, you’re at the wrong place. If you want to dispute the rumors, you better have real information and not just a hope and a prayer.

PickUrPoison

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2017
Sunnyvale, CA
But no one can really confirm how many models are coming out and rumors are still just a rumor without any confirmation and it's useless to hope if any model actually becomes legit.
Well Kuo called the 6.1” XR LCD and the 5.8/6.5” OLED XS/XS Max in November of 2017, one month after the release of the X.

We’re only 7 months from volume production and all the orders with various suppliers have been placed months ago.

Kuo has sources at the various suppliers. He doesn’t just guess on displays and somehow just nail it year after year. But you don’t have to believe any of the rumors, suit yourself ?‍♂️

Reactions: MartyvH

MartyvH

Contributor
Sep 16, 2017
Just give me a iPhone X style phone in the footprint/dimensions of the 5/5s/SE. How freaking hard is this, there are plenty of people who don't need a giant ass phone. That's why I have my ipad.

That's why I'm now seriously thinking of going back to my SE this year from an XS and buying an iPad Mini like several other senior staff for the bigger screen I need at work. I've thought about this for a very long time.

I was going to get the 5.4" before, but I can always get that in the future when my SE's battery dies.

Now I will save an enormous amount of money and get the best size of both worlds!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.