Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EdT

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2007
Omaha, NE
Everyone saying India or Vietnam seem to forget that they could also be made here-in the US- but we have pesky health, safety and labor laws that occasionally don’t exclusively protect the factory owner’s best interest but, occasionally, the employee’s. And let’s not be blind to consequences- higher wages mean a more expensive product. And bluntly most people are all in favor of safety and decent pay until they realize that they will have to pay more for a product they want or need. Then we turn as cut-throat as anyone else when it’s our money that we are spending and the price isn’t as cheap as possible.

Reactions: Shamgar

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
This isn't just about wages. It's about the instability of the Chinese government as it relates to lockdowns and citizens rights. China was welding doors shut in apartment buildings during recent lockdowns. It couldn't be a worse place to rely so heavily with manufacturing.
And I read people died in a fire because they couldn't get out of the sealed door :(

• Sad
Reactions: Shamgar and GuruZac

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
My iPhone 11 Pro Max is acting so crazy, and so I ordered an iPhone 14 Pro Max in October. It’s been delayed until January. And I was thinking today do I just get whatever iPhone is available, or should I try the Samsung Flip. I can’t wait, my phone is unusable. And the way I’m a die hard Apple fan, considering my options is very bad for Apple.
I went to the flip side because of backorders and my installment plan taking forever to show paid so I could only get from VZW at first. I went into a store and they had Z Flip 4 available.

transpo1

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
That's good to know about your intelligence.

Please send a letter to Tim Cook and Apple's board members sharing your intelligence and information. I suspect they'd greatly appreciate your insight as they likely have no idea about potential Chinese dynamics/politics going forward. You might have a hand in saving the company.
Haha. It actually speaks volumes about your analytic capability that you believe Tim Cook and Apple handled everything just fine and in no way should have foreseen manufacturing issues in a Totalitarian Communist country run by a brutal dictator. Obviously, you have low standards. I expect better from Apple. Those who didn’t see the risk of locating most global manufacturing there are just dim.

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011
Haha. It actually speaks volumes about your analytic capability that you believe Tim Cook and Apple handled everything just fine and in no way should have foreseen manufacturing issues in a Totalitarian Communist country run by a brutal dictator. Obviously, you have low standards. I expect better from Apple. Those who didn’t see the risk of locating most global manufacturing there are just dim.

Try re-reading what I said. And calm down, and try to not be so nasty.

Reactions: I7guy

giggles

macrumors 65816
Dec 15, 2012
The market is rallying (dovish comments from Powell, lockdown over in Zhengzhou) and people who sold AAPL yesterday based on Kuo’s FUD got royally rekt, lol.

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
This leaves unanswered where those sales are going--does it mean they'll hang on to their phones and wait for the iPhone 15, or that they'll buy another brand now?
Yes I was wondering if there was a poll yet.

Wait
A different iPhone
A non-Apple phone

2 I suppose would only apply if you weren't a yearly upgrader, unless you do it like someone posted and get a regular 14 or plus instead of Pro/PM

transpo1

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
Try re-reading what I said. And calm down, and try to not be so nasty.
I’m perfectly calm. Funny how you casually insinuate something about someone’s “intelligence,” then try to blame them for getting nasty when they reply. Everyone here sees through your little dance. Try rereading what you said, then look in the mirror. 🙃

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011
I’m perfectly calm. Funny how you casually insinuate something about someone’s “intelligence,” then try to blame them for getting nasty when they reply. Everyone here sees through your little dance. Try rereading what you said, then look in the mirror. 🙃

First of all, relax. There was no insinuation. You believe your intelligence regarding China is better than Apple's ("I expect them to have better intelligence coming in than I have"), then simply share it. End of story.

transpo1

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
First of all, relax. There was no insinuation. End of story.
Haha. I think you should calm yourself down— you seem stressed. In the interest of truth, can you please explain what you meant by “That's good to know about your intelligence.”

There’s only two things you could have meant— let’s see if you pick the right answer. 😉

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011
Haha. I think you should calm yourself down— you seem stressed. In the interest of truth, can you please explain what you meant by “That's good to know about your intelligence.”

There’s only two things you could have meant— let’s see if you pick the right answer. 😉

Stop it with the snarky comebacks.

"can you please explain what you meant by “That's good to know about your intelligence."

Sure. Your "I expect them to have better intelligence coming in than I have" says you have amassed intelligence about China that Apple doesn't have.

I replied that's good to know and you should share it with Apple.

Will you do it?

transpo1

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
Stop it with the snarky comebacks.

"can you please explain what you meant by “That's good to know about your intelligence."

Sure. Your "I expect them to have better intelligence coming in than I have" says you have amassed intelligence about China that Apple doesn't have.

I replied that's good to know and you should share it with Apple.

Will you do it?
The people on this forum know that I only respond with snark when it is dished out, which it clearly was, but you know that already.

I think you misunderstand the issue, however:

Any person who took the time to read publicly available sources of news on a regular basis could have seen the direction in which Xi Jinping & the CCP were taking China for some time.

There was no special intelligence required. That is why Apple failed on this issue.

Hope this clarifies everything for you.

Reactions: DoctorApple

webkit

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2021
United States
Well stop releasing new phones every year, and their will be more demand for new ones when they come, it will also help develop further hardware changes, because the only real changes year on year seem to be the camera :rolleyes:

Just because new models are released every year doesn't mean people have to buy them every year whether it be phones, cars, motorcycles or whatever. Not everyone is on the same buying cycle but manufacturers try to keep their products as current/competitive as possible for when a consumer is ready to buy. How significant updates may be year to year varies but Apple isn't just selling phones to people with last year's models.

Reactions: DoctorApple

DoctorApple

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2017
I got a really good deal on my iPhone 14 Pro - I traded in my iPhone 12 Pro to Verizon and got $800 - I only paid $999 for the iPhone originally

I got the one terabyte model and it was delivered almost a week after I ordered it - back in October

I hope that this unrest gets worked out, things start to get back to normal quickly and iPhone production is able to resume as soon as possible
I’m sorry you got robbed. The Verizon offer accepts broken and Find-My Locked Phones. The $800 credits apply to models XR and above. I paid $25 on eBay for a completely non-functioning XR and traded it in for $800. The seller decided to send me another completely broken one together for free which I used for trade in on another line. You should’ve kept your perfect 12.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.